Archie Miller out at Indiana | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Archie Miller out at Indiana

Reaction Score
More and more smoke around Brad Stevens. But this is definitely just IU airbags filling up media space...right?

Reaction Score
More and more smoke around Brad Stevens. But this is definitely just IU airbags filling up media space...right?

Unless he’s getting canned it would be insane to leave Celtics for Indiana. If it’s true - bye bye.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From what Mark Titus has been saying, they're backing up the truck for Stevens. $8+ million a year range. Stevens' college dream job. I get the sense that Stevens likes the teaching/mentoring young men aspect of the job, and would rather recruit than manage Supermax player egos. How do you coach someone who makes 10x what you make?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Unless he’s getting canned it would be insane to leave Celtics for Indians. If it’s true - bye bye.
Maybe he sees it not getting any better there with an AD that is more about winning the trade than the title.

Reaction Score
Unless he’s getting canned it would be insane to leave Celtics for Indians. If it’s true - bye bye.
Agree, but if your Stevens, it has to at least be a consideration? Boston media has been on his case since the rift with Kyrie, and I know a lot of Celtics fans who think he's missing an important leadership element to his NBA coaching. The league will still be there in 5-10 years or later after he hypothetically wins a chip at IU (which would be the expectation). It is intriguing and would be good for college bball if he took the chance

Reaction Score
Remember Pitino saying Iona is his last job? Let's see if he's a man of his word. We already know he isn't a man of integrity or morality.
No he definitely isn't, but damn, the guy can coach that's for sure.

Reaction Score
What kind of shape does he have to be in to fail a coach's physical at 53? It has to be serious.
It's apparently not true now, but he left Ohio State because of issues with his back and supposedly wasn't able to recruit or run practices anymore. I have no idea how back issues get to that point though

Reaction Score
What kind of shape does he have to be in to fail a coach's physical at 53? It has to be serious.
He had a back surgery years ago that went wrong and left him with what look to be a couple permanent issues.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He had a back surgery years ago that went wrong and left him with what look to be a couple permanent issues.
Sad to hear. I had no idea Matta was only 53, probably perception-bias on my end based upon the back issue history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom