April Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You appear to give to incoming freshmen more credit than A sophomore and a junior that have been with the program. I would wait and see just how quickly they pick up the system and it’s easy to be fearless in high school when you’re the biggest people on the court. I believe a experienced grad student big would be incredibly helpful. Just being familiar with the physicality and speed of the game would give that player a leg up. And one year would not hurt the others development and adjustment to the league.
I do too, I think Patterson takes the Aubrey, Samari Walker role. Plays defensively out of position when we need her. If Aubrey is ok then Patterson may have to force Geno to play her because she may not have any other way to get minutes. She seems limited on offense. Brady I fully expect to be a regular in the rotation no matter who we get. She is big enough and not afraid to bang and she can play with finesse. I think she surprises everyone. She does need to get in college shape though. We still need at the very least another big who specially in rebounding and can score down low. I guess Dorka and Brady may be enough as far as bigs hitting from the outside. Edwards needs to work on that also. We got the guards, we just need someone to handle Brink and Boston in the tourney if we want to win it all.

Reaction Score
Villanova star Lior Garzon has entered the transfer portal. She averaged 13 points per game & was instrumental in beating UCONN. Garzon might be a nice addition. The 6'1" sophomore is from Israel.

Reaction Score
Was Jillian Hollingshed a player of interest for Connecticut because she has just entered the transfer portal and at 6ft 5 inches with a fairly big body and the ability to score nice post moves and a good motor. She should be looked at !!

Reaction Score
Was Jillian Hollingshed a player of interest for Connecticut because she has just entered the transfer portal and at 6ft 5 inches with a fairly big body and the ability to score nice post moves and a good motor. She should be looked at !!
seem to remember this

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Def accurate ...
Nope. Maybe a perfunctory letter at some point but nothing beyond that, no trips to see her play, no visit, no nothing.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

She was.

Reaction Score
I could see Garzon being useful and a decent role player. She may want more than that though. She wouldn't start.

Reaction Score
Didn’t Hollingshed get into a scuff with Cameron Brink in their late season PAC12 matchup?

Love her intensity beyond talent.

Reaction Score
She was.
She was.
seems like she has real ability:

Nike Nationals-July 2019: Athletic-4 brings face up game to the arc, guard skills in transition; quick in the paint, active on glass, plays to the rim; mismatch producer in the front court, stretches the defense to the arc; rises on jumper in the key; an elite prospect in the class of 2021. (Olson)

Boo Williams Invitational-April 2019: Bouncy, athletic stretch-4 rebounds and outlets; runs the floor like a guard, finishes plays to the rim in uptempo game; quick in the paint, active on the glass; offensive threat to the arc; a power-5 player. (Olson)

adidas Nationals-July 2018: Ultra-athletic stretch-4 rebounds and handles in uptempo game; quick-leaper, cleans glass, disruptive defender, shot blocking presence; agile in uptempo, scores in transition game; face up game to the arc. (Olson)

Reaction Score
Here's a big that has verbally committed to AZ, but played with Paige at Hopkins. She looks good in the video, but note that it's our PB that feeds her in the post. It doesn't look like UConn offered her. Wonder why.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Here's a big that has verbally committed to AZ, but played with Paige at Hopkins. She looks good in the video, but note that it's our PB that feeds her in the post. It doesn't look like UConn offered her. Wonder why.
:eek: Because...UCONN has better incoming players in the 2022 HS class class in Ayanna and Ice.

Reaction Score

I think Maya’s brother plays for Arizona men’s team, aside from whether she is quite UConn-caliber.

Reaction Score
Hollingshed = Colorado Buffs
Hollingshead = UGA
Ah, this makes sense. Assumed reference to former which triggered my last post.

Voepel projects Mya Hollingshed going 2R in Draft, which confused me until I read your clarifying distinction.

Love the scouting reports on UGA’s Hollingshead. Seems to fit what we need, although unsure of character piece & player interest. Imagine SEC/ACC teams will be swarming for her commitment.

Reaction Score
Btw, I fear Abby Meyers might follow her former Princeton teammate, Carlie Littlefield, & coach Courtney Banghart to UNC. Good academic reputation & ascending program. Familiarity/comfort + tread paved for her there.

Hope I’m wrong, of course, b/c Meyers— more than any other G/wing I am aware of in Portal— fits what Geno is likely looking for in all facets.

Reaction Score
I think Maya’s brother plays for Arizona men’s team, aside from whether she is quite UConn-caliber.
Zeke has been gone to the NBA for two seasons.

Reaction Score
Zeke has been gone to the NBA for two seasons.
Ok, so family school familiarity.

Someone on BY recently highlighted AZ post transfer candidate Aaronette Vonleh— also with NBA brother (Noah). She was Oregon Miss Basketball in 2021 & played with USA Basketball, so pedigree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom