April Recruiting Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

April Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Texas appears to be building a significant program. Getting some solid talent.
Vic Schaefer can flat-out coach & recruit; proved at Mississippi State. Knows Texas well from schooling (Texas A&M) & earlier job (Sam Houston State).

Texas sleeping athletic powerhouse school IMO. Beautiful campus/city, well-funded, in-state prestige, national academic acclaim (particularly among state schools). Always thought their major sports under-performed relative to these advantages.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not asking if it's possible, I'm asking how often does it happen?
Not very often. It most often happens when there is an assistant or coaching change of a person that was recruiting that player. I'm pretty sure Ashlyn Shade added Vandy when Shea left UCONN. Another example is when Jolette Law joined the South Carolina staff quite a few recruits added SC as a possibility and I believe Christyn Williams was among them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
everybody else wants her too.........she's the only five star post available in her class......

You missed one of my posts. Shane Laflin just said there is big interest in Adhel Tac, 6-5 sophomore from Texas, and that "talk" is she might be the best big in the class.

Via MaxPreps:

Adhel Tac, South Grand Prairie (Grand Prairie, Texas)
6-5 | Center | Uncommitted

The name is short but the game is big: 14.1 points and 8.8 rebounds a game (with 63.4 percent shooting) for the 35-5 Warriors.

Reaction Score
You missed one of my posts. Shane Laflin just said there is big interest in Adhel Tac, 6-5 sophomore from Texas, and that "talk" is she might be the best big in the class.

Via MaxPreps:

The name is short but the game is big: 14.1 points and 8.8 rebounds a game (with 63.4 percent shooting) for the 35-5 Warriors.
I've never heard of her..............haven't seen her listed in ESPN Hoopgurlz top 38........is she ranked with the other services?

Reaction Score

Via MaxPreps:

Her 2 older sisters played college ball, @ North Texas & Texas A&M-Commerce.

Often, youngest is best, partially from competing against older siblings & starting at younger age. KLS good example. Caroline Ducharme’s older sister played at Brown. Ciera Toomey’s older sister plays for Rider.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
After being spiritually, emotionally and physically drained with my last recruit disappointment, I’ve decided not to become too invested in the process. I will however go all in for Breya Cunningham.1 because she can flat out go and 2. She can play positions 4-5
:eek: You need to grab a red bull or something to get reenergized because Mikaylah Williams is still out there and she can play 1-3.

Reaction Score
Dear Basketball Gods, Saviors of the hardwood, kings of the courts, purveyors of hoop dreams. I come to you with one simple request. Cunningham, Williams and Olson to UConn. Thank you. That is all. For now. Oh and Kitts if you’re feeling generous.

Reaction Score
Hate to say but can’t see Kim Mulkey letting Mikaylah Williams leave Louisiana. She has HOF coaching bonified’s & has developed some of game’s best players.

Reaction Score
:eek: You need to grab a red bull or something to get reenergized because Mikaylah Williams is still out there and she can play 1-3.
The cherry on the sundae for sure but will 3 top ten 2023 guards want to share sub minutes as freshmen?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The cherry on the sundae for sure but will 3 top ten 2023 guards want to share sub minutes as freshmen?
Williams is not the cherry on the sundae-she is the Sundae and a bag a chips too. She could easily play SF while KK and Ashlyn are playing 1 & 2 respectively. According to some of the talent evaluators she is a Maya Moore level talent. Brett McCormick at ASGR calls her the best recruit he has ever seen. BTW long before Williams blew up I was hyping her up on the BY as the best defender in the class. She is a foundation piece of a program that can contend for a national title where ever she goes.

Reaction Score
Williams is not the cherry on the sundae-she is the Sundae and a bag a chips too. She could easily play SF while KK Arnold and Ashlyn are playing 1 & 2 respectively. According to some of the talent evaluators she is a Maya Moore level talent. Brett McCormick at ASGR calls her the best recruit he has ever seen. BTW long before Williams blew up I was hyping her up on the BY as the best defender in the class. She is a foundation piece of a program that can contend for a national title where ever she goes.
If Williams was willing to be a 3, at least for one year you could have her starting there, Paige and Azzi starting at the 1 & 2, with backups of KK and Nika at the 1, Ashlyn at the 2, and Caroline at the 3. I don't know how our bigs will develop but it is hard to imagine a roster with better players 1-3.

Reaction Score
Does Sahara Williams compare to Mir McLean?

Similar size, compete level, rebounding prowess, defensive aptitude. Neither appears especially skilled beyond layup conversions. Wonder if Sahara is Mir-level athlete?
I'm fairly certain that a requirement to make All Iowa Attack is an ability to shoot 40% from 3. Here's an older video that showcases more of her shooting prowess:

Reaction Score

I Googled Morgan Cheli recruiting and the first thing I see is her Twitter saying she's committed to Seattle U. If legit she passed on a Stanford offer in her backyard. I wonder how that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom