April 21-23 Evaluation Period Rundown | The Boneyard

April 21-23 Evaluation Period Rundown

Reaction Score
OK here we go:

Friday
Nike:
Didn't see any of our coaches during the 6:30 17u games. Probably watching the 16u's.

The feed began to malfunction during the 8pm games and I gave up. Didn't see anyone this night.

Jerry Myers reports KO watched Ayo Dosunmu

Under Armor
Ricky is reported to have watched:
Sid Wilson (does not list us as a team going after him hard in interview)
Moses Brown (lists us as 1 of 8 schools going hard for him)
Jabri Abdul Rahim (Class of 2020) - tight with DK
Naz Reid - Stud

As a side note, Zags reports DK was there that night. I believe it was a mistake because DK is at Nike Saturday morning but who knows? He easily could have flown to VA at the end of the night. DK has a familiarity with the UA circuit because of his time at Temple (UA school).

Adidas:
All I know is for sure Chillious watched Immanuel Quickley. Washington once lead for him on Crystal Ball. He's from the DMV. Who knows? We can dream.

I believe Paxton recently reported Chillious is pursuing Luguentz Dort.. would assume he watched him.

Saturday
Nike:
KO watched both Team Final games- Cam Reddish and Louis King. Cam lists us as a possible team. King does not- we're out here I believe.

Reddish's body really filled out compared to last year. He can legit play the 1,2,3,4. Crazy talented.

DK is spending the day floating around game to game.

Bryce Willis of White Planes and plays for Rens lists us as a team working hard for him. KO watches him against Reddish that night.

KO watches NJ Playaz full game- Jalen Carey. DK floating- watches some CIA Bounce- Simi Shiitu

Bounce's 2 game was fully watched by KO and DK.

So KO watched 2 full Reddish Games, 1 full Carey game, 1 full Simi game.

I could be missing something here.. it's very much a cluster fxxx in my head right now.

Adidas:
It's reported Chillious watched:
Both Rivals games- AJ and Duke
Video of him watching Nassir Little- LOVE him from the highlights. MAJOR attitude- in a good way. He and his team look crazy competitive. Chillious followed him on twitter.

UA:
Reported we watched:
Moses, Sid, Devon Dotson, Elijah Weaver, Naz Reid

Sunday:

Nike:
KO starts off at Jalen Carey. Leaves with like a minute left in the half and goes to Cam Reddish's game (which had like 15 plus minutes until halftime). Once that half ended he headed to watch the full 2nd half of Nike South Beach (recently offered Michael Devoe).

DK floated the whole time.

Finished the day with KO watching Simi's full game. DK later joined him.

No concrete info from UA or Adidas.

OK so in short. KO watched Cam Reddish, Simi Shittu, and Jalen Carey the most. Saturday and Sunday KO didn't watch Ayo Dosunmu. Despite Jerry Meyer's weird tweet- don't think we're on this guy at all.

I understand people's fears of going after the big dogs after losing out on Stone and Hami but what choice do we have? If these guys reciprocate interest we have to reciprocate it back. Obviously we can't put all our eggs in one basket and so far I don't think we've done that.

This year talent is very much spread out among the circuits. K went to Adidas and Nike. Cal went to all 3 I believe. Roy hit at least 2 of them too. Most of the top guys went to multiple events. KO stayed put and got more face time with Cam, Simi, and Carey than just about any other coach. Still very early- 4 more sessions left- we'll see if that strategy changes.

Reaction Score
Couple things: I though Sid listed us along with Duke and maybe 1 or 2 other teams as working hard for him. Could be mistaken just thought I saw that recently.

Surprised Louis King didn't list us according to you, thought we had a real shot with what he has said about us in the past, pretty glowing about KO from what I can remember.

Also, haven't heard us much witb the Bryce Willis kid, looks to be a stud with great size. Do you have the article/tweet where he said we were going after him hard possibly?

And, great work as always BTW, we all appreciate it.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
OK here we go:

Friday Thanks for the update
Nike:
Didn't see any of our coaches during the 6:30 17u games. Probably watching the 16u's.

The feed began to malfunction during the 8pm games and I gave up. Didn't see anyone this night.

Under Armor
Naz Reid - Stud

As a side note, Zags reports DK was there that night. I believe it was a mistake because DK is at Nike Saturday morning but who knows? He easily could have flown to VA at the end of the night. DK has a familiarity with the UA circuit because of his time at Temple (UA school).

Adidas:
All I know is for sure Chillious watched Immanuel Quickley. Washington once lead for him on Crystal Ball. He's from the DMV. Who knows? We can dream.

I believe Paxton recently reported Chillious is pursuing Luguentz Dort.. would assume he watched him.

Saturday
Nike:
KO watched both Team Final games- Cam Reddish and Louis King. Cam lists us as a possible team. King does not- we're out here I believe.

Reddish's body really filled out compared to last year. He can legit play the 1,2,3,4. Crazy talented.

Bryce Willis of White Planes and plays for Rens lists us as a team working hard for him. KO watches him against Reddish that night.

KO watches NJ Playaz full game- Jalen Carey. DK floating- watches some CIA Bounce- Simi Shiitu

I could be missing something here.. it's very much a cluster fxxx in my head right now.

Adidas:
Video of him watching Nassir Little- LOVE him from the highlights. MAJOR attitude- in a good way. He and his team look crazy competitive. Chillious followed him on twitter.

UA:
Reported we watched:

Sunday:

Nike:
KO starts off at Jalen Carey. Leaves with like a minute left in the half and goes to Cam Reddish's game (which had like 15 plus minutes until halftime). Once that half ended he headed to watch the full 2nd half of Nike South Beach (recently offered Michael Devoe).

OK so in short. KO watched Cam Reddish, Simi Shittu, and Jalen Carey the most. Saturday and Sunday KO didn't watch Ayo Dosunmu. Despite Jerry Meyer's weird tweet- don't think we're on this guy at all.

I understand people's fears of going after the big dogs after losing out on Stone and Hami but what choice do we have? If these guys reciprocate interest we have to reciprocate it back. Obviously we can't put all our eggs in one basket and so far I don't think we've done that.

This year talent is very much spread out among the circuits. K went to Adidas and Nike. Cal went to all 3 I believe. Roy hit at least 2 of them too. Most of the top guys went to multiple events. KO stayed put and got more face time with Cam, Simi, and Carey than just about any other coach. Still very early- 4 more sessions left- we'll see if that strategy changes.
OK here we go:

Friday
Nike:

Under Armor
Naz Reid - Stud

Adidas:

Saturday
Nike:

Adidas:

UA:
Reported we watched:

Sunday:

Nike:

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the work!

I really hope we don't just go after top 20 talent this year. Need to lock up solid top 100 kids that will help rebuild the program. Cam Reddish is not playing in the AAC.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
OK here we go:

Friday
Nike:

Under Armor
Naz Reid - Stud

Adidas:

Saturday
Nike:

Adidas:

UA:
Reported we watched:

Sunday:

Nike:

This write up of one single tournament gave me a headache. I can't imagine how these coaches do this job.

Reaction Score
Hi Im sherwyn from ballastv (I tweeted) Chill was at the game didn't recognize him was first time Ive met him. He was at a couple of mass Rivals games in dallas
Welcome , love your YouTube account. It's a shame we couldn't keep your boy MAL but hopefully we are close with reeves.

Reaction Score
Still very early- 4 more sessions left- we'll see if that strategy changes.

I forgot, while there are more EYBL, UA, and Adidas events this summer- this weekend is the last time coaches can attend the games until July - quite period begins May 1. So this weekend will be very telling. Nike and UA are in Indianapolis and Adidas is in ATL.

Reaction Score
Hi Im sherwyn from ballastv (I tweeted) Chill was at the game didn't recognize him was first time Ive met him. He was at a couple of mass Rivals games in dallas
Welcome to the yard!!!!

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the work!

I really hope we don't just go after top 20 talent this year. Need to lock up solid top 100 kids that will help rebuild the program. Cam Reddish is not playing in the AAC.
You are an absolute pain in the ass to have a conversation with so I don't know why I'm engaging you but..... not a fan of this attitude. Calipari would get top 10 players if he coached on Mars. It can be done. We need to do a better job of selling/marketing ourselves. A lot of positives to our conference compared to the Big East and even the Pac12. Great salesmen can spin the negatives. Hopefully with DK and Chill on board we're better equipped at this. I do agree we should be realistic on our recruiting approach though. Can't spend all our time selling ourselves to people not interested in buying.

Reaction Score
Welcome , love your YouTube account. It's a shame we couldn't keep your boy MAL but hopefully we are close with reeves.

Thanks man appreciate it. Im a big uconn fan and actually got to coach MAL as 7th grader so it hurts me hes not going to be in a Uconn jersey alot. We have some ground to make up with Reeves but I believe we are in his top 3-5 with Nova and PC leading the pack.

Reaction Score
You are an absolute pain in the ass to have a conversation with so I don't know why I'm engaging you but..... not a fan of this attitude. Calipari would get top 10 players if he coached on Mars. It can be done. We need to do a better job of selling/marketing ourselves. A lot of positives to our conference compared to the Big East and even the Pac12. Great salesmen can spin the negatives. Hopefully with DK and Chill on board we're better equipped at this. I do agree we should be realistic on our recruiting approach though. Can't spend all our time selling ourselves to people not interested in buying.

I know I am. I still really appreciate all the work you put in (truly not sarcastic). I am just glad you are still around after the Hami thing. I was legitimately worried about you.

My thoughts:

Almost as important as ability, we need to recruit kids that want to be at UConn, we do not need kids who think they are better than UConn. I am not saying do not go after top talent, but realistically, what do you put our chances on getting Riddish, Simi, Quickley etc? We are in the 6th best basketball conference, and our team just had a losing record, and there is a ton of negative recruiting surrounding the program. I think there are some positives to the league, but I don't think we come anywhere close to the Pac 12, and I think we are a ways behind the Big East as well.

Chillious is a great addition, but he is at a new school in a new area, and his worth will be developed in a couple years. He cannot snap his fingers and kids will be here. If we have a good season this year, that will really help him.

Cal is better at recruiting than our whole staff combined, so I am not a fan of that comparison.

Hopefully after the last couple years of recruiting, we have identified UConn talent, meaning A: they are good enough to be here B: they fit our system (whatever the hell that is) C: they want to be here.

Again I cannot thank you enough for watching those streams and keeping track of our coaches. It makes life so much easier to follow your Twitter feed. Here is to a fruitful summer on the recruiting trail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom