April 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

April 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn's likely top remaining target for 2022, KK Bransford, has defensive skills at multiple positions. None of the other known targets for '22 and '23 really stick out as perimeter defenders. Certainly a couple in the '24 class though.
You may not think of her that way, but we may have a player already signed up that could guard the perimeter despite her 6-3 height in Ayanna Patterson. I have not seen a ton of video on her, but there was some where she was guarding way out away from the basket and I was hugely impressed. In fact I remember her quickness and length there reminded me quite a bit of Scottie Pippin in terms of style of defender.

I went from wondering if she was mobile enough to play the 3 defensively, to being sure of it, and thinking she might be a stopper you could use against guards. As quick and mobile as many, and much bigger and longer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You may not think of her that way, but we may have a player already signed up that could guard the perimeter despite her 6-3 height in Ayanna Patterson. I have not seen a ton of video on her, but there was some where she was guarding way out away from the basket and I was hugely impressed. In fact I remember her quickness and length there reminded me quite a bit of Scottie Pippin in terms of style of defender.

I went from wondering if she was mobile enough to play the 3 defensively, to being sure of it, and thinking she might be a stopper you could use against guards. As quick and mobile as many, and much bigger and longer.

That's exactly how I think of her but she won't be defending guards on a regular basis at UConn. She has a chance to be an impact defender, however.

Reaction Score

If she tries to defend super-quick guard like Aari McDonald, I think she will foul out pretty fast.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
If she tries to defend super-quick guard like Aari McDonald, I think she will foul out pretty fast.
Sooo who woodent? (In my best Billy Crystal Jewish Mother accent)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
We don't have a logjam at the 4 which is where Anna started and played mostly this season.
The 4/5 rotation this past season was Liv and AE. The 4 rotation was Anna starting when healthy and AE.
Yes, but can you say with a straight face that Anna is a 4, not with UCONN's current roster or even in the real world. She just doesn't have the physical muscle, height or mind set to be a 4. I see her at best a tweener, a 2 or a 3.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
3'2"...right now she is only playing dodge ball...but she is fierce...more updates in 2030...
Can't wait, however if I'm still around in 2030, I hope I still know what WCBB is.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
My question re Dorka: Can she bang with Boston?

Reaction Score
Why bang with Boston when you can pull her far away from the basket. Dorka would help others to get a more favorable driving lane. For being 6-4 she is capable of shooting at a 40% clip from three when the coaches make the 3 a priority. She is a very good rebounder as well. She is the second best talent available in the portal. Imagine the possibility of a 5-out offense with constant motion by various cutters and 4-5 3 point threats. There a bunch of scenarios where her style would be very beneficial.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Why bang with Boston when you can pull her far away from the basket. Dorka would help others to get a more favorable driving lane. For being 6-4 she is capable of shooting at a 40% clip from three when the coaches make the 3 a priority. She is a very good rebounder as well. She is the second best talent available in the portal. Imagine the possibility of a 5-out offense with constant motion by various cutters and 4-5 3 point threats. There a bunch of scenarios where her style would be very beneficial.

UConn needs toughness, more rebounding, and an interior finisher. I highly doubt they'd have interest in Juhasz based on three-point shooting.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
4/6

2024 UConn POI Athena Tomlinson played her first high school game Tuesday:

Tomlinson was active on defense, playing with high hands and trapping Sanger’s guards before they passed half-court. Offensively, she attacked the paint often, totaling 12 points in her first high school game.

“I like how Athena played very aggressive as a freshman,” Montgomery said. “She just went out there and played her game, and I thought she did really well.”

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
EwEdl0hWgAcUlK2

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nyla Brooks – 2025 – 5-11 – Wing/Forward – Maryland Belles 2025 – All the athletic tools…Right hand heavy on the finish but very effective as it stands…Has some huge feet…Ceiling is so high…Makes free throws and the 15 foot jumper is useful too…Saves balls going out of bounds

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Entire "AAU" game for Isuneh Brady from February. Cathedral Catholic won 66-46.

Brady: 23 points (10-17 FG, 3-6 3-PT), 13 rebounds, 3 assists

#35 in White

You'll have to copy and paste the link.

sportsrecruits.com/organization/cchs_girlsbball/varsity?video=785276

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Patience..there is a 7 year old at our local elementary school who is really kicking it at recess..Checks all the boxes..downside is she likes to eat crayons but with good coaching she will be a lockdown defender...Waltz is scouting her..
HaHaHaHa

Reaction Score
If Anna's going to leave, that means more playing time for someone else. Too often afraid to shoot, a bit slow in staying in front of opponents on defense, and not a great rebounder. When she was hot, she was hot. Also, a terrific passer. However, we will be overloaded next year.
This is likely a good move for all parties. Some forget that at the end of 2020, Anna was the best 3 point shooter on UConn. Back then, she looked for her shot and Geno wanted to get her the ball. This past year, she was the 5th option and when healthy, rarely got the ball in a position to shoot. Predict this will be a situation similar to Nat. Butler. Most UConn fans remember her playing while hurt, but when healthy post transfer, was the top rebounder in the US. At UConn, Anna often had to play against guards, but at 6'2" would be a starting small forward and top shooter for many teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom