Apology to Coach Hurley | The Boneyard

Apology to Coach Hurley

Reaction Score
Please forgive us Coach, for we have sinned. We questioned your tactics for most of the year, not knowing your Master plan was to peak for the tournament; to throw off the other coaches; to make us think we knew more than you with talk of double bigs and the like. You are the Master Chef, blending this team to perfection.

Now about that lifetime contract??

We are sorry.

Reaction Score
Please forgive us Coach, for we have sinned. We questioned your tactics for most of the year, not knowing your Master plan was to peak for the tournament; to throw off the other coaches; to make us think we knew more than you with talk of double bigs and the like. You are the Master Chef, blending this team to perfection.

We are sorry.

This is cringeworthy.

Reaction Score

We are sorry.
What’s the “we” in this? Are you French? Oui oui. Leave the rest of us out of this.

Reaction Score
Ha. But come on, say he's a great coach. I've been waiting all year for you to say it. SAY IT!!

This is also cringeworthy.

Great by what standard? He is no Calhoun, Pitino or Wright. I don't think he's great yet. I don't think he's coached long enough to be great no matter.how successful. Is Hurley very good? Yup. Have I said that for years? Also yup.

pj

Reaction Score
The best move for the mojo is to call for Hurley to be fired at halftime.

We missed our cue today. I fear we are doomed Saturday.

Reaction Score

We are sorry.
When he was bad, he was fairly criticized. When he was good he was praised. That is the way of the world.

Reaction Score

Great by what standard? He is no Calhoun, Pitino or Wright. I don't think he's great yet. I don't think he's coached long enough to be great no matter.how successful. Is Hurley very good? Yup. Have I said that for years? Also yup.

Eh, this board talks about Musselman like he’s a combination of Wooden, Auerbach and Pep Guardiola. I got no problem with people being exuberant about Hurley when he folds that guy up and puts him in a dumpster.

Reaction Score

Fair enough. Don't you have a plane to catch?

Reaction Score
The Monkey is off Hurley’s back. Other than unfocused first half of Iona, the team has been prepped, the game plan solid, and he’s been overall in command. Maybe coaches do mature like fine wine.

Reaction Score

We are sorry.

I’m not gonna say that I never doubted Hurley atleast a little bit. But I can proudly say that I never once bought we’d be better off down the road getting rid of him. Even since he started here the intensity he brings to this team makes them such a pleasure to watch. There’s something to be said about a guy who can have his players play that hard for him and with that much desire. I adore this man

caw

Reaction Score

He has been great so far this tournament, but yeah I agree. Great coaches are made through longevity of excellence. Hurley has shown he has the potential to be such, not quite there yet.

Reaction Score

We are sorry.
Can we save this until the Final Four? Jesus

Reaction Score

Hurley may not be great now but he has the greatest potential to be one. It’s in his pedigree and he is always learning! That’s what makes him best in this game, just matter of time!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Eh, this board talks about Musselman like he’s a combination of Wooden, Auerbach and Pep Guardiola. I got no problem with people being exuberant about Hurley when he folds that guy up and puts him in a dumpster.
I don’t. I’m astonished that anybody that short knows anything about basketball.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You Hurley Haters look sillier by the day.

Reaction Score
Dudes out there playing his own kid, giving up 20 pt leads down to the teens, and I've never seen him make a final 4!

Enough with this hurley love!
OMG. You're going to be on here on April 3 at 11:45pm after UConn cuts down the nets and will STILL be putting Hurley down!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

We are sorry.
Who is "we", sucka?

Reaction Score
Some of the criticism on this site has been insanely misguided, but would the Boneyard be so attractive to keep us coming back here to drink the poison and throw up a time or two or to share our passion no matter how misguided it may be? I do not apologize. I am not a sinner. I am a member of the Boneyard. These things are expected of us are they not?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom