Apologista Roll Call | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Apologista Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
like we weren't under Diaco, really?

Yes we were. However, most on the Boneyard cheered Diaco's firing as a chance to rebuild the franchise not perpetuate our dismal position.

Reaction Score
Come on everyone, get on board the HCRE train before it leaves the station

latest
I'll waive good bye. Amusing that there was no announcement at the BB game this afternoon. Consensus of fans around me was that UCONN was afraid of a negative reaction.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yes we were. However, most on the Boneyard cheered Diaco's firing as a chance to rebuild the franchise not perpetuate our dismal position.
How is winning 7-8 games a year not rebuilding the franchise?

Reaction Score
The things we used to complain about with Edsall were just so minor. It's amazing what a few years and some terrible performances will do for your perspective.

What Edsall did here was pretty hard to do. He and the staff were standing on their heads getting those results.

As for the offense? When he had good QBs like Orlovsky, Endres, Frazier and even Lorenzen in 2007 the offense put up some good numbers.

We kept up with and beat an Art Briles coached and Robert Griffin led Baylor-TWICE.

Now that we gave Randy a second chance, we deserve to not worry about who he might jump ship to and he needs to focus on making UConn football great again.

Someone call 911!! ZooCougar is being held against his will. Don't worry, we're coming for you! So what was I just doing....?;)

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Too early for re2.0 apologistas, for now, call me an expectationist...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I absolutely wanted to give Diaco a chance. Your theory is criticizing everyone before they do anything makes you smart every time someone, after doing something, fails? Got it. Interesting strategy.
What I really admire about that approach is the attendant willingness to root for failure...

Reaction Score
How is winning 7-8 games a year not rebuilding the franchise?

Amazing. A week ago we were all looking for an offensive minded coach. Either a big name or an up and comer. What we got was a defensive coach with a pretty tarnished reputation and one with a rep for blaming his players. Also a coach ethically challenged for the way he departed. Now we are already crediting him with winning 7-8 games a year. As a fan base, we set our sights pretty low.
Based on the buzz at the BB game today, I expect there are as many fans enthused with this hire as those who are very negative or at least disheartened.. I expect 8 months of intensive marketing and pleading in an attempt to keep some of the fan base.
By the way, I hope I'm wrong on my assessment.

Reaction Score
Amazing. A week ago we were all looking for an offensive minded coach. Either a big name or an up and comer. What we got was a defensive coach with a pretty tarnished reputation and one with a rep for blaming his players. Also a coach ethically challenged for the way he departed. Now we are already crediting him with winning 7-8 games a year. As a fan base, we set our sights pretty low.
Based on the buzz at the BB game today, I expect there are as many fans enthused with this hire as those who are very negative or at least disheartened.. I expect 8 months of intensive marketing and pleading in an attempt to keep some of the fan base.
By the way, I hope I'm wrong on my assessment.

You've made it very clear you don't like the hire. Very clear. No need to regurgitate the same thing in every thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom