Apologista 2.0 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Apologista 2.0

Reaction Score
So, we’ve brought back Randy and we sit here today with BC fans crapping on us on twitter saying the game vs URI is a toss up according to Vegas (not sure where they’re getting that, whaler showed -10 somewhere).

In any case, it begs the question...were things ever this bad during Discos era? Not in terms of program management, but just on field product. I truly believe we’re way worse now than we ever were under BD.

Brings me to my final point—is there another coach who deserves a second stint in Storrs not named Randy Edsall? Who would rather have Bob back? At least we’d have entertaining pressers. I truly believe he’d do a better job with this defense than what Randy is doing.

This guy Phil? Sheesh

Same guy who said he was dejected coming out of the UCF game. Crying. Stay home and build that Wall. At UCONN, some of us have seen one of the most amazing rising in College Sports. 2. be patient

Reaction Score
There is no question we are worse defensively since Diaco left. That is just math.

Seriously

This is a gut check. You dont feel more hopeful with HCRE than Duaco? We are playing 4 True Freshman and RFR on DL. And your measuring stick are 2 of the most powerful at the edge of the P5 (which to my view means they can beat almost all but 6 Programs).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This guy Phil? Sheesh

Same guy who said he was dejected coming out of the UCF game. Crying. Stay home and build that Wall. At UCONN, some of us have seen one of the most amazing rising in College Sports. 2. be patient
You might try reading other posts for a change of PACE before mashing your outrage button.

Reaction Score
Seriously

This is a gut check. You dont feel more hopeful with HCRE than Duaco? We are playing 4 True Freshman and RFR on DL. And your measuring stick are 2 of the most powerful at the edge of the P5 (which to my view means they can beat almost all but 6 Programs).
You were loving year 2 Diaco at the time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is a gut check. You dont feel more hopeful with HCRE than Duaco?

I'm less hopeful then I was after his public lamenting about recruiting troubles.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I'm less hopeful then I was after his public lamenting about recruiting troubles.
He looked like a whiny bitch with hos fairy dust comments. Shut up Randy. Coach. We get it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And so, after Whaler briefly learned to love and was burned by this love, Whaler decided to never love again.

I thought he’d stay just mediocre enough to stay employed. I should have read my own posts on his recruiting.

But I’d agree one post outweighs the 5k killing him from pretty much day 1.

Blame the mods for my existance. I asked to be deleted after the BYU home game.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought he’d stay just mediocre enough to stay employed. I should have read my own posts on his recruiting.

But I’d agree one post outweighs the 5k killing him from pretty much day 1.

Blame the mods for my existance. I asked to be deleted after the BYU home game.

Oh - come on - loosen up... I'm joshing here.

Now a serious question, have you ever loved a sports team, player or coach?

Reaction Score
Step 1: The other guy left the cupboard bare! What the Boneyard said when Randy left, before Diaco took over, after Diaco left.
Step 2: Obsess over new recruits! #Uptick, RKGs, Husky signal.
Step 3: Read camp reports. Watch short videos. Complain where writers have us preseason. Don't they know we accidentally made it to a BCS bowl?? 3 years, we will be back!
Step 4: Get smacked around for 2.5 years. Go back to step 1. Repeat.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sure. I just don’t pretend they are good when they are not.
If we didn't have pretend around here we'd all be as miserable as you!! Thats another joke - might have flown past you. Pretend is a necessary part of fandom here since 2011.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Step 1: The other guy left the cupboard bare! What the Boneyard said when Randy left, before Diaco took over, after Diaco left.
Step 2: Obsess over new recruits! #Uptick, RKGs, Husky signal.
Step 3: Read camp reports. 3 years, we will be back!
Step 4: Get smacked around for 2.5 years. Go back to step 1. Repeat.

My least favorite of these has to be the camp reports. My god - there is nothing telling about how your guys are doing against your own guys....the info is so worthless - yet I read those reports anyways.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we didn't have pretend around here we'd all be as miserable as you!! Thats another joke - might have flown past you. Pretend is a necessary part of fandom here since 2011.

What you take as miserable is really just impatience with nonsense.

I’ll be there Saturday and I’ll have a good time on Saturday - I know what the deal is. I watched Edsall the first time - I know even if he is successful it’s going to feel like it took forever.

I just can’t read someone talking about who is going to play on Sunday when the defense can’t get a single stop. Or that there is a shortcut to winning that doesn’t include winning recruiting battles. Or Scott Frost won in x amount of time when the roster isn’t FCS playoff quality. Or my God - talking about Syracuse before they beat Rhode Island.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My least favorite of these has to be the camp reports. My god - there is nothing telling about how your guys are doing against your own guys....the info is so worthless - yet I read those reports anyways.

I mean we saw the spring game. If the offensive line didn’t dominate in camp...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If there are people here who would rather have Diaco than RE2 I have to think they are either being funny or ready for the funny farm

Reaction Score
Randy 2.0 will improve. I see us getting to winning seasons, but winning being 7 games at most.

We will never be as good as we once were because of conference affiliation. Kids are smart enough to now the American does not have the clout.

We use to battle against Cuse, BC, Pitt, Rutgers and Maryland for recruits. Now we have no shot at getting those kids anymore and we will never be able to beat a quality team like South Carolina in pizza bowl for example...
why do people say this? are Houston, Memphis and UCF struggling to win? This league has proven to recruit talent. If uconn can't win in the AAC, then it can't win. If it can't recruit against UCF, USF, Houston, or Memphis then how does it recruit against Florida, Georgia or Texas.
please stop with the 'this league stinks' crap.

If we're fighting for a playoff spot and getting overlooked for a P5 school I will be right there complaining that the league is holding us back. But we're arguably one of the bottom 10 programs in D1 the past 6 years and people are complaining about the conference holding us back.

C

Chief00

Randy gets three full years. We are 14 games into his 36 game trial.

We will have to seriously start worrying about Randy if this team doesn’t play competitive football in November of this year and actually start winning October 2019.

The next coach for this team? Sleeper candidate is John Dunn... depending how the balance of the season goes.

And I think it would surprise no one if we go to a 4-3 by November.

Wasn’t John Dunn at MD with Randy - not exactly a resume enhancer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom