Apologista 2.0 | The Boneyard

Apologista 2.0

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So, we’ve brought back Randy and we sit here today with BC fans crapping on us on twitter saying the game vs URI is a toss up according to Vegas (not sure where they’re getting that, whaler showed -10 somewhere).

In any case, it begs the question...were things ever this bad during Discos era? Not in terms of program management, but just on field product. I truly believe we’re way worse now than we ever were under BD.

Brings me to my final point—is there another coach who deserves a second stint in Storrs not named Randy Edsall? Who would rather have Bob back? At least we’d have entertaining pressers. I truly believe he’d do a better job with this defense than what Randy is doing.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Crazy talk. Edsall has a ceiling, but it's higher than Diaco's. Although I wouldn't bet money that his recruiting will be any better.

Reaction Score
There is no question we are worse defensively since Diaco left. That is just math.

Reaction Score
Do we really need to do this? We saw what PP/GDL, Dibacle, and Hathaway did to this program after Randy left. Now we’re second guessing Randy already? Who else would have taken this job that’s better? And stuck around for that matter? Getting rid of Cranberrypants was absolutely the right move.

Reaction Score
The Tecmo Bowl yardage Boise State put up against us may be quite depressing. We've been falling apart under Diaco with other record-setting bad defensive showings against other teams. Edsall is cleaning house to establish a foundation. We can't go any lower than where we are, since the freshmen will bulk up and learn.

Edsall was incorrect about how many of who's players are in the NFL. That was not needed.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Imagine this team almost beating a 5 win SEC team on the road?

Diaco almost did it. Randy brings us out to Idaho to get stomped on by a bunch of smurfs.

Case closed.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don’t actually believe this lol I’m just messing around.

I do think that this team is worse than any Diaco team we saw, though

Reaction Score
The next recruiting class by Edsall will go a long way on whether he has a future here or not. The old saying is make due with what you got and Edsall is our guy for now. Like him or hate him he's here for at least a couple more years. Don't want red pantz back nor PP. You can go through the whole list it doesn't matter. Its all about recruiting. He needs that one class that makes an impact otherwise I see no improvement.

I guess those awesome facilities we have on campus don't mean much otherwise recruits would be flocking here. Its more about tradition, campus enthusiasm on game day, and the league we are in that seem to matter.

Reaction Score
Remember that time Diaco had to start 4 Freshman along the DL? No? Me neither. Instead he inherited Fatukasi and Myers. He also had Byron Jones for a year.

We are seeing freshman and redshirt freshman all over the field on defense because Diaco recruited against FCS teams for 3 years. Diaco's defense was competent because 1) he is a decent defensive coach and 2) Pasqualoni was a decent recruiter. Diaco can't recruit (or coach), and now we're seeing the effects of that. It's why his year 3 was worse than his year 2, not better.

I'd love for us to be able to find a young up and coming coach like Lashlee to take over who can recruit excellent defensive coaches and players, but until that happens, let's not pretend like Diaco recruited all-AAC talent literally anywhere on the field.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy gets three full years. We are 14 games into his 36 game trial.

We will have to seriously start worrying about Randy if this team doesn’t play competitive football in November of this year and actually start winning October 2019.

The next coach for this team? Sleeper candidate is John Dunn... depending how the balance of the season goes.

And I think it would surprise no one if we go to a 4-3 by November.

Reaction Score
ask Nebraska fans what they thought of Diaco's defense. The guy has been reduced to low level assistant.

A lot of people with too much time on their hands on this board, guys in prison are more productive. We do not want Bob back.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So, we’ve brought back Randy and we sit here today with BC fans crapping on us on twitter saying the game vs URI is a toss up according to Vegas (not sure where they’re getting that, whaler showed -10 somewhere).

In any case, it begs the question...were things ever this bad during Discos era? Not in terms of program management, but just on field product. I truly believe we’re way worse now than we ever were under BD.

Brings me to my final point—is there another coach who deserves a second stint in Storrs not named Randy Edsall? Who would rather have Bob back? At least we’d have entertaining pressers. I truly believe he’d do a better job with this defense than what Randy is doing.
Diaco was playing with PP recruits. Edsall is playing with true freshman because of Diaco recruits.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
People fell for this. Well done.

I wrote that statement with you in mind specifically and laughed to myself. I could only troll for a few mins...can’t lose any cred I do have around these parts

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Diaco was playing with PP recruits. Edsall is playing with true freshman because of Diaco recruits.

Exactly. Any of RE’s successes are on the back of Diaco. Wait and see how much worse it gets once it’s just Randy’s boys and the Diaco recruits are gone.

Reaction Score
Diaco is the cause of this. No depth, no talent, and forced to play freshmen. With that being said, I wasn't happy about RE 2.0 and I don't know if we will be better off three years from now. My fear resides around many of the comments that speak to climate and culture, also comments about our talent. Three weeks ago I was told that these freshmen linemen were the best ever brought to UConn, today I'm being told that the talent isn't there and it's a shame what happened over the last six years. How about Results? Wins on the field and wins in the recruiting wars. I haven't seen either. As Hurley is courting top ten candidates and I know the basketball program is a whole different animal, we are still somewhere in the high eighties in recruiting rankings, maybe worse. Maybe the closed fist show how many wins we will get this year. Only time will tell, but the program is running out of time. 1 bad coaching hire is a mistake, 2 bad coaching hires are unforgivable, 3 bad coaching hires in the climate that UConn lives in could be a program killer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People fell for this. Well done.
Fishing with nukes
200.gif

Reaction Score
OP may be trolling, but if you look in other threads there are clearly a number of posters who would agree with everything he’s said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom