Apologista 2.0 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Apologista 2.0

Reaction Score
Randy is Randy

I don't critique him for being frustrated and butthurt after those whippings. The closest WE probably could have come - all things considered - is scoring high 20s against UCF; and more offense against Boise. Edsall would have been pissed about a 20 point loss as well.

The things we discussed back in 2003-2005 (nice to see Dan Orlovsky's father still around) are the same things. He has a weird way of not accepting "accountability" in his words. The recruiting phrases are unfortunate - but you simply have to work harder and find new ways for talent; we get it that some things are harder. And unlike the first go-round, he has to really really sell the skeptical fans hard. That's a change in attitude that I don't think he is capable of. He does have a good framework for improving and getting the right kids to play for this New England University program; this I believe.

Thanks Pudge, miss catching up with you at the rent. Please indulge me with a few comments here

Randy is Randy, period. His first go around,comments went something like this.We put the young man in position to make a play and he didn't make it or

I don't know what the young man was thinking.

Heck I still remember when Ryan Bushy fell on a fumble late in a game at Memorial and Edsal got on him for not trying to pick it up and advance it.
He did not accept responsibility then and it seems like nothing has really changed.

He blames the current sitution on what has happened over the last 7 years or so in terms of recruiting and HC selection

Well, perhaps if he had rode back with the team from the Fiesta bowl,he could have informed the coaching staff of his intentions and he could have paved the way for one of his trusted assistants to keep the program going. Nope , he hightailed it out of town so he did not have to deal with JH.

Also, I believe he left as he saw the cupboard was getting thin. Currently I don't understand why he did not go the JC route to get some wart hogs to protect young underclassmen or grab a few DL or backers to help a young secondary. JC lineman would give his youngsters time to get stronger and meaner

Many teams rebuild,reload with JC while their young pups are growing up. But hey, down here in sunny Florida I travel 10 hours or so several times a season just to yell Roll Tide!

Thanks

Reaction Score
Thanks Pudge, miss catching up with you at the rent. Please indulge me with a few comments here

Randy is Randy, period. His first go around,comments went something like this.We put the young man in position to make a play and he didn't make it or

I don't know what the young man was thinking.

Heck I still remember when Ryan Bushy fell on a fumble late in a game at Memorial and Edsal got on him for not trying to pick it up and advance it.
He did not accept responsibility then and it seems like nothing has really changed.

He blames the current sitution on what has happened over the last 7 years or so in terms of recruiting and HC selection

Well, perhaps if he had rode back with the team from the Fiesta bowl,he could have informed the coaching staff of his intentions and he could have paved the way for one of his trusted assistants to keep the program going. Nope , he hightailed it out of town so he did not have to deal with JH.

Also, I believe he left as he saw the cupboard was getting thin. Currently I don't understand why he did not go the JC route to get some wart hogs to protect young underclassmen or grab a few DL or backers to help a young secondary. JC lineman would give his youngsters time to get stronger and meaner

Many teams rebuild,reload with JC while their young pups are growing up. But hey, down here in sunny Florida I travel 10 hours or so several times a season just to yell Roll Tide!

Thanks

Never expected to say this on the BY, but

RTR!!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The difference between our program and Nebraska's program is that it only took 1 year for Nebraska to fire Diaco...

Reaction Score
The only thing infuriating about Edsall is the constant assigning of blame and never taking accountability for anything. People have eyes and see what's happening. Now he's chirping about how the job is more difficult post BCS status. No kidding, but you chose the to take the job so shut up and coach.

Fishy said dont listen, but its hard to not be frustrated. I hope he's done with that nonsense.

I hate to say this, but Fishy was right.

Reaction Score
I hate to say this, but Fishy was right.
He's not wrong, but what's Randy's point in trashing the team publicly?

The ONLY people even listening are mostly found on this forum. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. We want fans back but when they get trounced he talks about man mountain dean and ferry dust?

He has all the time he wants to turn it around. Focus on that not excuses.

Reaction Score
I can improve the league in 15 seconds. When Aresco says lets add Tulsa and Tulane you just hang up.

Tulane has a great recruiting area and based on a small sample this year of their game against WF are much better than UConn. You think UConn could hang with Texas this year as Tulsa did, doubt it. If AAC wanted to improve football it would get rid of UConn. Last 5 years: 2-10, 6-7, 3-9, 3-9 and 0-2 on its way to (hate to think). We are the Temple of the ol' BE.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tulane has a great recruiting area and based on a small sample this year of their game against WF are much better than UConn. You think UConn could hang with Texas this year as Tulsa did, doubt it. If AAC wanted to improve football it would get rid of UConn. Last 5 years: 2-10, 6-7, 3-9, 3-9 and 0-2 on its way to (hate to think). We are the Temple of the ol' BE.

Yeah UConn has fans and a bunch of other programs. Tulane is a character in John Grisholm books.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I didn't much like Edsall the first time around, and I don't like him any better now. I also don't think UConn can do better in its current conference and athletic program situation.

Reaction Score
I didn't much like Edsall the first time around, and I don't like him any better now. I also don't think UConn can do better in its current conference and athletic program situation.

Why not? Frost's salary at UCF (AAC!) was 1.7 mil/yr, Norvel at Memphis (AAC!) is 1.8 mil/yr.

UConn is currently paying Edsall 1 mil per year. I definitely think UConn can pony up another 700k/yr to a hire a coach who can turn UConn into 8-10 win a year program.

I am bullish on UConn football's potential. We have some of the best facilities in the country, the tri-state area is filled with talented high school fball players, and the state has shown it is invested in the fball program and the fans will show when the team on the field can compete. All we are missing is the right coach, and Edsall is not the answer.

Reaction Score
Why not? Frost's salary at UCF (AAC!) was 1.7 mil/yr, Norvel at Memphis (AAC!) is 1.8 mil/yr.

UConn is currently paying Edsall 1 mil per year. I definitely think UConn can pony up another 700k/yr to a hire a coach who can turn UConn into 8-10 win a year program.

I am bullish on UConn football's potential. We have some of the best facilities in the country, the tri-state area is filled with talented high school fball players, and the state has shown it is invested in the fball program and the fans will show when the team on the field can compete. All we are missing is the right coach, and Edsall is not the answer.

Ok. Unpack this

We have paid Football coaches $1.6-2m per annum. HCRE gave UConn the discount to get back into it - and given the wad MD gave him in Exit, nobody should be surprised that Edsall was one of few that could/would do that. After a fail with Diaco on the young Asst route (ooops Frost & Norvell) & PP on the established NE HC route (I guess we weren’t getting Chip Kelly or Dan Mullen), be satisfied with Edsall. Right move - on paper. Don’t like his comments? I get that. But I want him embarrassed by butt whipping.

Disco + PP proves a point in my head: to win at UConn takes a very disciplined fine mind and tremendous evaluative capabilities. Edsall - see 1.0 - has that. And good development skill set. You can’t be Memphis or UCF. First, we aren’t Florida full of talent not the Delta. We can get great kids. But they need full college development. Second, we really don’t let coaches reach on talent and sketchy issues. Memphis? So.

This ain’t easy. Throw your bricks. Expect wins. But nothing about UCF or Boise was a surprise. URI? Heck, they are a helluba lot better than 10 years ago. Congrats Fleming.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I think you are setting yourself up for years of anger and disappointment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom