Apologista 2.0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Apologista 2.0

Reaction Score
The only thing infuriating about Edsall is the constant assigning of blame and never taking accountability for anything. People have eyes and see what's happening. Now he's chirping about how the job is more difficult post BCS status. No kidding, but you chose the to take the job so shut up and coach.

Fishy said dont listen, but its hard to not be frustrated. I hope he's done with that nonsense.

Reaction Score
The only thing infuriating about Edsall is the constant assigning of blame and never taking accountability for anything. People have eyes and see what's happening. Now he's chirping about how the job is more difficult post BCS status. No kidding, but you chose the to take the job so shut up and coach.

Fishy said dont listen, but its hard to not be frustrated. I hope he's done with that nonsense.

Good post. We know how difficult the task is. He should have known as well.

Reaction Score

I don't really care what he says either way. He could blame the failures on our thetan levels and I'd just look the other way. We knew it wouldn't be a quick fix. I'm sure he's frustrated and has switched from anger to apathy for the time being

Reaction Score
Yup... but his rant/messaging isn’t being directed @ the Boneyard denizens - it’s for a much broader audience.
Right, which is why I don't really care either way. It just is what it is. I'm not sure he's said anything I disagree with.

Reaction Score
Randy 2.0 will improve. I see us getting to winning seasons, but winning being 7 games at most.

We will never be as good as we once were because of conference affiliation. Kids are smart enough to now the American does not have the clout.

We use to battle against Cuse, BC, Pitt, Rutgers and Maryland for recruits. Now we have no shot at getting those kids anymore and we will never be able to beat a quality team like South Carolina in pizza bowl for example...

Reaction Score
Remember that time Diaco had to start 4 Freshman along the DL? No? Me neither. Instead he inherited Fatukasi and Myers. He also had Byron Jones for a year.

We are seeing freshman and redshirt freshman all over the field on defense because Diaco recruited against FCS teams for 3 years. Diaco's defense was competent because 1) he is a decent defensive coach and 2) Pasqualoni was a decent recruiter. Diaco can't recruit (or coach), and now we're seeing the effects of that. It's why his year 3 was worse than his year 2, not better.

I'd love for us to be able to find a young up and coming coach like Lashlee to take over who can recruit excellent defensive coaches and players, but until that happens, let's not pretend like Diaco recruited all-AAC talent literally anywhere on the field.

This right here. Diaco would have lost these games just as badly but would have got in front of the fanbase fed all of us a bunch of BS and acted like he is the smartest guy in the room. Dude was a straight looney tune and look how bad his defenses have performed at his next jobs.

It may be hard to watch and hear that we are in a full on rebuilding job but at least Edsall is upfront and honest about it all. We are starting 11 underclassmen on defense. Last I checked our secondary had 5 true freshman on the 2 deep. What did everyone expect was going to happen this year?

Reaction Score
Exactly. Any of RE’s successes are on the back of Diaco. Wait and see how much worse it gets once it’s just Randy’s boys and the Diaco recruits are gone.
I thought you were done messing with us? :cool:

Reaction Score
Has anyone even looked at the roster Diaco inherited?

QB: Whitmer/Cochran/Boyle
RB: McCombs/Newsome/DeLorenzo/Josh Marriner/Clax/Walsh
WR: Geremy Davis/DeShon Foxx/ Dhameer Bradley/Lemelle/Abrams/Thomas Lucas
TE: McQuillan/Myers
OL: Samra/Mateas/Cruz/Gifford/Bullock/Rugg/Levy/Hopkins/Knappe
DL: BJ McBride/Angelo Pruitt/Julian Campenni/Mikal Meyers/Foley Fatukasi/Kenton Adeyemi
LB: Marquis Vann/Jefferson Ashiru/Graham Stewart/Cole Ormsby/Junior Joseph/Ruben Frank/Brandon Steg/Cameron Stapleton
DB: Byron Jone/Obi Melanfonwu/Andrew Adams/Ty-Meer Brown/Jhavon Williams/Tyree Clark/Javon Hadley/Wilbert Lee

Sure, Diaco lost a couple players like McQuillan and McCombs, but he inherited a much better roster than Edsall 2.0 did. Granted, the OL was a question, but there was talent and some depth and Diaco went 2-10 with that roster!

There are 15 scholarship R-Sr/Sr/R-Jr/Jrs that Edsall inherited from Diaco left on the roster and only 5 are starters, none on defense. This is a rebuild.

Reaction Score

DL: BJ McBride/Angelo Pruitt/Julian Campenni/Mikal Meyers/Foley Fatukasi/Kenton Adeyemi
LB: Marquis Vann/Jefferson Ashiru/Graham Stewart/Cole Ormsby/Junior Joseph/Ruben Frank/Brandon Steg/Cameron Stapleton
DB: Byron Jone/Obi Melanfonwu/Andrew Adams/Ty-Meer Brown/Jhavon Williams/Tyree Clark/Javon Hadley/Wilbert Lee

Sure, Diaco lost a couple players like McQuillan and McCombs, but he inherited a much better roster than Edsall 2.0 did. Granted, the OL was a question, but there was talent and some depth and Diaco went 2-10 with that roster!

There are 15 scholarship R-Sr/Sr/R-Jr/Jrs that Edsall inherited from Diaco left on the roster and only 5 are starters, none on defense. This is a rebuild.
This should end any discussion on Edsall & Crocker for right now. I don't think they're world-beaters by any means, but if they had that roster the past two years things would be different. Let them rebuild the defense and see where we stand.

Reaction Score
I don’t actually believe this lol I’m just messing around.

I do think that this team is worse than any Diaco team we saw, though
I hate you.
you-got-me_o_1891513.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t actually believe this lol I’m just messing around.

I do think that this team is worse than any Diaco team we saw, though
Mmmm, sort of agree, at least at this point in the season, but with all the youth of the field I feel like there is a purpose behind the suck. It's not just Captain Cranberry being an idiot. At least that's what I am telling myself right now. We'll see if that changes after URI.

Reaction Score
Do we really need to do this? We saw what PP/GDL, Dibacle, and Hathaway did to this program after Randy left. Now we’re second guessing Randy already? Who else would have taken this job that’s better? And stuck around for that matter? Getting rid of Cranberrypants was absolutely the right move.
Don’t forget the damage Warde dis to the entire brand! But this is just a silly argument. Edsall for all intents and purposes has “dismissed” Diaco’s guys in favor of his own. This reminds me very much of his first couple of seasons (when we were in trailers). He basically did the same thing with the same results and we got beaten by the likes of Northeastern and Georgia Tech could have beaten us by any amount they chose. Then after a few years it pretty suddenly clicked as the kids matured and players improved. This year’s schedule is absolutely brutal with likely 3 ranked teams in the first 6 games. A better set up would have been URI and a MAC or two, but we will get through it.

Reaction Score
This should end any discussion on Edsall & Crocker for right now. I don't think they're world-beaters by any means, but if they had that roster the past two years things would be different. Let them rebuild the defense and see where we stand.

Ok, what is the timeline and when will we know it is working?
Give me an acceptable result for the RI game. Give me point spread, yardage, something to quantify what would be ok playing a FBS team at home in game 3 of the experienced coach's 2nd year on the job. I'll be ok with a game played within less than 2 touchdowns, win or lose.
As to rebuild, when is the "too young" to compete get lifted and when does the not talented enough get put on HCRE2.0? 2018 has HCRE2.0's 1st real class so for him to get real shot at showing what he can do with "his" guys they need to at least be juniors so has at least one other class with over a year on campus. So that gets us to 2020 (with his Diaco/HCRE2.0 hybrid class as seniors). I'll give up 2018 as it will be whatever (maybe UCF type 0-12 where talent is better than the record) but what is ok on the rebuild path for 2019: more wins than 2018 (could be zero in 2018), more wins than 2017, bowl game?
HCRE2.0 needs to show in game 15 of his second tenure that whether too young, too slow, too weak, or too low football IQ as a team he and his coaches can get them to compete (didn't say beat) with the RI's of the football world at home.

Reaction Score
I'm all for edsall gutting this roster down to the studs for the complete rebuild and agree he has little to nothing to currently work with. I'm hoping he hits his stride with recruiting this year but what we've gotten so far is exactly lighting the world on fire....

1. Dillon Harris (LB)- Cheshire Academy via Bloomfield CT (UConn Commit 4/5/17>> Lackawanna JUCO 2017/2018>>Confirmed UConn Commit 3/11/18)
  2. Jackson Mitchell (WR/DB) - Ridgefield High School, Ridgefield CT (UConn Commit 6/14/18)
  3. Winston Jules (WR/DB) - Salisbury School, Salisbury CT. (UConn Commit 6/16/18)
  4. Jayce Medlock (WR/TE) - Desoto High School in DeSoto Texas (UConn Commit 6/17/18)
  5. Chase Lundt (TE/OL) - Martin High School, Arlington Texas (UConn Commit 6/19/18)
  6. Cameron Ross (WR) - St. John’s College High School, Washington DC (UConn Commit 7/28/18)
  7. Kevens Clercius (WR/DB) - Montreal Canada (UConn Commit 8/1/18)

Reaction Score
Yup... but his rant/messaging isn’t being directed @ the Boneyard denizens - it’s for a much broader audience.
Who by in large have tuned this program out. If a tree in the woods falls down type of thing. He should be more concerned about his young teams psyche. His comments were just so bad as Mensah's which he said should have been kept in house. A leopard is leopard I guess.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I agree with that. RE seems to have a particularly large ego to an extent that hurts him

Reaction Score
Let’s see

PP got stuck with Edsall recruits

Diaco got stuck with PP recruits

RE stuck with Diaco recruits.

And round and round we go. Where we stop nobody knows.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

It’s malpractice that Diaco gave up any points with defense he inherited. He also had Geremy Davis and gave up on him to develop younger receivers. If he only had the same mentality in getting Boyle reps over Whitmer (and remember Deshon Foxx running the “wild fox” offense?)who knows how differently his tenure could have unfolded. I think the justification at the time was keeping Boyle healthy and not subjecting him to that Swiss cheese o-line. But then he brought Sherriffs in and Boyle’s UConn career was effectively over outside of spot work. (He never looked that great but it’s tough to get plugged in and be effective).

Reaction Score
For me, the issue with RE 2.0 versus 1.0 is age and energy.

1.0 knew what he had to build and also knew that if successful he had a whole lot of opportunities and cash coming his way.

2.0 maybe thought that were some shreds left from his time before and there clearly is none. I'm not sure if he has the energy and additional opportunities remaining to build it all over again in a more restricted recruiting pool. And he will not change his approach because he built it the same way before except he does not have a strong QB like DO to build an offense around. And don't tell me the guys on the bench are the answer, because if they were, they would be on the field.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom