AP Top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25

Reaction Score
Truthfully, as a SC fan. Don't you find the idea of hosting a banner for a non-existent championship just a little embarrassing? It's not as if you don't have an actual championship banner.

Reaction Score
I would expect something for the first game. Not a "championship banner" but something like

2019-2020
32-1
Coaches & AP Number One

I could be wrong, but I expect Dawn to commemorate that team and its departed seniors

Of course, a 2019-2020 SEC Championship Banner will fly so maybe she will consider that enough
And I suppose all the players will get some sort of plastic ring to commemorate the "championship"..?? :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Truthfully, as a SC fan. Don't you find the idea of hosting a banner for a non-existent championship just a little embarrassing? It's not as if you don't have an actual championship banner.

Ahem, Never mind. Can we get some UConn NC Banners 2021-2025 displayed ASAP

Reaction Score
Ahem, Never mind. Can we get some UConn NC Banners 2021-2025 displayed ASAP

Does my proposed banner say the word "Championship?"

Reaction Score
If it's not a championship, then why a banner?

To commemorate an outstanding season and the two seniors who made it special. A one loss season is quite special even if not crowned with a championship especially where they never got a chance to play for one through no fault of their own. Beating UConn, Baylor, Maryland and Mississippi State twice is special. It's not a championship, but it is special.

I wouldn't expect a UConn fan to understand with all the true championship banners they have. You have tradition. We are merely building toward it.

Reaction Score
1605118019394.png

Reaction Score
To commemorate an outstanding season and the two seniors who made it special. A one loss season is quite special even if not crowned with a championship especially where they never got a chance to play for one through no fault of their own. Beating UConn, Baylor, Maryland and Mississippi State twice is special. It's not a championship, but it is special.

I wouldn't expect a UConn fan to understand with all the true championship banners they have. You have tradition. We are merely building toward it.

Sorry, for me, banners are for actually winning something. You guys have SEC championship banners and a National Championship banner. Don't see the need to dilute that by putting up banners for hypothetical championships.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
it’s perhaps more fun when everybody isn’t quite sure. Those Boneyarders with whom I have interacted “got it” immediately. Some weren’t sure. Some took it completely seriously. Isn’t ambiguity more fun?
Unclear

Reaction Score
Sorry, for me, banners are for actually winning something. You guys have SEC championship banners and a National Championship banner. Don't see the need to dilute that by putting up banners for hypothetical championships.

That 32-1 banner was earned more than and means more than any SEC banner we have. It was the best record in the country and was earned through beating the 3rd, 4th and 5th best teams in the nation and who are not in the SEC. To many of us, it was harder earned than the championship banner where luck did not match us up with UConn in the finals. Y'all were the superior team that year, as you had clearly proven in the regular season.

Remember, we aren't UConn. There is only one of those.

Peace.

Reaction Score
anyone notice that we play #1, 4, 5 and 6? We can't play #3, since that's us! Not a bad OOC schedule....
...and #2 Stanford does not have a schedule yet, although the PAC-12 men do have a schedule. With that said, Geno should tie Tara with a win over Louisville, pass her at Seton Hall, and tie Pat Summit with a win over Baylor in January for most wins ever....and stay ahead of Tara!

Reaction Score

It's brutally embarrassing, I am not even an SC fan but I am embarrassed for them! I literally have "cringe chills" on my arm right now as I type this!

Reaction Score

I have no problem hanging up a banner than says Final AP and Coaches Poll #1 for a season that did not have a postseason.

I would have a problem hanging one that said National Champion.

Reaction Score
I have no problem hanging up a banner than says Final AP and Coaches Poll #1 for a season that did not have a postseason.

I would have a problem hanging one that said National Champion.

Will you be hanging that alongside your banner for preseason #1?

Reaction Score
Will you be hanging that alongside your banner for preseason #1?

We will only use the Pre-Season banner when we play Jawja. it's a football thang - and it ain't no rivalry with them.

Reaction Score
We will only use the Pre-Season banner when we play Jawja. it's a football thang - and it ain't no rivalry with them.

Fair enough. By the way, what is this "football" you speak of?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom