Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yep, Gamecocks now have an official pre-Season Championship

Stanford stole our only chance at 1st place vote. :mad:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yep, Gamecocks now have an official pre-Season Championship

visitingcock, I understand and appreciate your glee, enthusiasm and exuberance, but let's keep it real. This is a POLL, not a championship. Championships are won in April between the lines, not in November, and not in a poll.

Congratulations on your team's recognition as the "preseason" number 1 WCBB team in the country by the Associated Press. It's a designation Gamecock Nation can/should be proud of. The Boneyard is aware of your team's recent success and it's intent to remain and be recognized as one of the top 5 teams in the country.

Dawn has done an excellent job of building her program and raising it to an elite status. We expect (as you do) for her to maintain that status for years to come. UConn Nation looks forward to our scheduled meeting on February 8 in Gampel Pavilion.

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
UConn plays everyone else in the top six but Stanford, and two of them - Miss St and Louisville - in the first seven days of their season.

Other than that, the only other top 30 opponent is DePaul, presumably twice. Marquette and Tennessee show up as getting vote(s) but not in top 30. So not much of a chance to build back a resume if they falter early. Those two early games are huge.

At Baylor in January will be tough although uncertain whether Richards will play. SC obviously tough even though at (empty) Gampel.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
visitingcock, I understand and appreciate your glee, enthusiasm and exuberance, but let's keep it real. This is a POLL, not a championship. Championships are won in April between the lines, not in November, and not in a poll.

Congratulations on your team's recognition as the "preseason" number 1 WCBB team in the country. It's a designation Gamecock Nation can/should be proud of. The Boneyard is aware of your team's recent success and it's being recognized as one of the top 5 teams in the country. Dawn has done an excellent job of building her program to an elite status. We expect (as you do) for her to maintain that status for years to come.

Related question.

What is our NC record when we were preseason #1? What is our NC record when we were not ranked Preseason #1?

Reaction Score

Congratulations on your team's recognition as the "preseason" number 1 WCBB team in the country by the Associated Press. It's a designation Gamecock Nation can/should be proud of. The Boneyard is aware of your team's recent success and it's intent to remain and be recognized as one of the top 5 teams in the country.

Dawn has done an excellent job of building her program and raising it to an elite status. We expect (as you do) for her to maintain that status for years to come. UConn Nation looks forward to our scheduled meeting on February 8 in Gampel Pavilion.

That's a yoke, son. I say I say, that's a yoke. (In my best Foghorn Leghorn drawl)

People just don't appreciate my attempts at self-deprecating humor. Yet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
We got a vote. Probably the only vote we will get all year.... but we got a vote.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Just one vote for Tennessee? Aren't the rankers always supposed to put UT into the Top 25? Is it that they don't feel the same sense of obligation now that no one from the Pat Era is there anymore? Thought they were recruiting strongly. Not even close to Top 25? How strange is that.....?

Reaction Score
Just one vote for Tennessee? Aren't the rankers always supposed to put UT into the Top 25? Is it that they don't feel the same sense of obligation now that no one from the Pat Era is there anymore? Thought they were recruiting strongly. Not even close to Top 25? How strange is that.....?

They had enough votes for ranking, but they turned 'em over.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
They had enough votes for ranking, but they turned 'em over.

Wow, that's really giving the needle. So, where are all the Lady Vol fans? Is there no one willing to pick-up the gauntlet?

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, wonder if Dawn is lobbying the NCAA to create some sort of trophy?:)
I can’t believe how little respect North Carolina is getting! I think they are the next big thing. I would put Arizona in that category as well, but they, at least have actually started to get some recognition. Adia Barnes has really turned them around in a hurry! In just four seasons she has transformed the Wildcats from a perennial PAC-12 doormat into a legitimate contender for the conference title and is apparently not just a flash in the pan as she is recruiting (and signing) top 50-75 talent as well. Keep your eyes on NC! Banghart is going to surprise some people in the next few years!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That's a yoke, son. I say I say, that's a yoke. (In my best Foghorn Leghorn drawl)

People just don't appreciate my attempts at self-deprecating humor. Yet.
I say son, I say. I got it. I have no doubt as to your kinship with the illustrious Mr Leghorn. And as Foghorn was wont to say , go ahead and tell @Carnac "Ah, shaddup!"

Reaction Score
As a Ladyvol fan, we're not worried about rankings at the moment. Starting from the bottom and headed to the top... I think these young ladies are ready to earn it!

Reaction Score
As a Ladyvol fan, we're not worried about rankings at the moment. Starting from the bottom and headed to the top... I think these young ladies are ready to earn it!

I think they will be a much better team overall. They need shooters/scorers, players with good hands. I don't see 25 teams better.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to having your guys at the Ferrell Center in January.

In a video press conference last Monday Richards says she'll be fine. KMulkey didn't say otherwise; simply that only when the training staff and team docs clear her completely will she then address when, and at what position Didi will be on the court.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
visitingcock, I understand and appreciate your glee, enthusiasm and exuberance, but let's keep it real. This is a POLL, not a championship. Championships are won in April between the lines, not in November, and not in a poll..
I think we need to teach @visitingcock how to add an emoji to his posts that connote the correct interpretation as I believe he was trying for humor or jest... to wit :rolleyes: or;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting that Stanford got 1 first-place vote and UConn is just slightly behind the Cardinal in points.

Reaction Score
I think we need to teach @visitingcock how to add an emoji to his posts that connote the correct interpretation as I believe he was trying for humor or jest... to wit :rolleyes: or;)

it’s perhaps more fun when everybody isn’t quite sure. Those Boneyarders with whom I have interacted “got it” immediately. Some weren’t sure. Some took it completely seriously. Isn’t ambiguity more fun?

Reaction Score
it’s perhaps more fun when everybody isn’t quite sure. Those Boneyarders with whom I have interacted “got it” immediately. Some weren’t sure. Some took it completely seriously. Isn’t ambiguity more fun?

I got it. Funny and self-deprecating. No ambiguity at all.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
On which date will they hoist the banner , Mr Cock,sir? ;):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
On which date will they hoist the banner , Mr Cock,sir? ;):rolleyes:

I would expect something for the first game. Not a "championship banner" but something like

2019-2020
32-1
Coaches & AP Number One

I could be wrong, but I expect Dawn to commemorate that team and its departed seniors

Of course, a 2019-2020 SEC Championship Banner will fly so maybe she will consider that enough

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom