AP Top 25 Women's Preseason Poll | Page 9 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25 Women's Preseason Poll

Reaction Score
Azzi and Dorka gives UConn 2 impact players they simply did not have last year - and it showed in the FF. Azzi gives UConn another reliable perimeter threat alongside Paige, so defenses cant cheat by double-triple teaming Paige. Dorka gives UConn a physical inside game that can finish around the rim. I also believe Caroline has the potential to add perimeter defense & scoring with her length off the bench. Could be enough to put Geno over the top again!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
my oh my how things changed quickly with the Cardoso evaluations. Not saying everyone was saying it but many were thrilled and saying if she committed to Uconn they would be unstoppable. Now it's considered Dorka is a wash or might be better? Blasphemy. Was Dorka even a top 30 ranked recruit Cardoso was I believe 5th in her class.
When Dorka was signed by theOSU foreign players weren't ranked in the recruiting process. Some of them still do not rank foreign players, so your argument is moot (edit).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Dorka was signed by theOSU foreign players weren't ranked in the recruiting process. Some of them still do not rank foreign players, so your argument is mute.
I think the word is moot, but mute serves it's own purpose on this board too, but I think it's called 'ignore'. I've used it a few times and it works very well. :D

Reaction Score
Would a separate Dorka v. Kamilla thread be needed. I don't know if the original subject of this thread needs to be discussed any more, so maybe this one will suffice?
Welcome to the boneyard where most threads go in several different directions

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Azzi and Dorka gives UConn 2 impact players they simply did not have last year - and it showed in the FF. Azzi gives UConn another reliable perimeter threat alongside Paige, so defenses cant cheat by double-triple teaming Paige. Dorka gives UConn a physical inside game that can finish around the rim. I also believe Caroline has the potential to add perimeter defense & scoring with her length off the bench. Could be enough to put Geno over the top again!
I don't know about a physical inside game from Dorka, but her addition does give UConn the ability to play a more effective hi/lo game and the potential to play 4 out with 4 real threats (with the addition of Azzi and CD) from the arc, keeping the defense from collapsing inside. Dorka has very nice one on one skills around the basket. Dorka has the ability to dribble/drive from the arc or the foul line, keeping the defense honest as well. Dorka also has very good ball handling skills, has nice hands, can actually bring the ball up, and is an excellent passer from anywhere on the court. As Geno said, she has more skills than he thought.

As for Azzi she is a far better finisher around the basket than Nika, who at times was an atrocious finisher last year. Azzi has a nice power drive to the hoop as well. UConn likes to play both the dribble hand off and the 23 keep with Paige faking the handoff and dribbling around the pick for a pull up/drive or the pass to the corner. Paige now will have someone like Azzi that is a real threat to take the handoff on the 23 keep and is a threat in the corner for the 3. Geno can also run that play with Azzi. Azzi can take that dribble handoff, run the pick and roll, shoot the pull up, or pass to Paige, CW, CD, or Evina for the shot. From all reports CD also has this ability. It really gives Geno a lot of offensive flexibility to work his hybrid triangle.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
That is a specious argument. Yeah, Dorka was on the team, but if you'd actually watched the game 95% of the defensive responsibility for covering Hillmon was #23 Rebeka Mikulasikova, not Dorka. Watch the game. I've seen this quote from other SCar aficionado's on YouTube and it's just not true. You don't need to belittle UConn's pick up of a fine, highly skilled player in order to hype up your transfer.
Hey JordyG, as you stated you are very high on Cardoso (to be fair I am not as high on her
But do think she’s good), and you are acutely aware of Dorka’s skills (as am I having been down in Maryland for 2 of Dorka’s games against Shakira Austin) I am curious about your thoughts with our 3 main “big bodies” of ONO, Dorka and Liya against SC. We also have Amari but she would only be used due to injury or severe foul trouble.
What say you?

Addendum- I was at UConn 3 weeks ago for Parents weekend and we literally bumped into Dorka who was doing a photo shoot and I am sorry to say she IS NOT 6’5” and really closer to 6’3” as her FIBA bio has listed.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hey JordyG, as you stated you are very high on Cardoso (to be fair I am not as high on her
But do think she’s good), and you are acutely aware of Dorka’s skills (as am I having been down in Maryland for 2 of Dorka’s games against Shakira Austin) I am curious about your thoughts with our 3 main “big bodies” of ONO, Dorka and Liya against SC. We also have Amari but she would only be used due to injury or severe foul trouble.
What say you?

Addendum- I was at UConn 3 weeks ago for Parents weekend and we literally bumped into Dorka who was doing a photo shoot and I am sorry to say she IS NOT 6’5” and really closer to 6’3” as her FIBA bio has listed.
I'm curious about my thoughts on the matchup between these two teams bigs as well. Since I'm leaving the house now let me get back to you.

Reaction Score
You've got to be kidding me. So UConn has Paige and Azzi two game changers, Oliva, Dorka Paige and Amari all 6'5, 3 HS number 1's, 1 HS number 2 and a world of talent and UConn is not number 1??????

The only way UConn could loose a game this season is if they loose it themselves and beat themselves because I don't believe they can be beaten. .

Um

Reaction Score

If you're going to spend your time pointing out where BY posters were wrong, you are signing up a for a full time job. And subjecting your own posts and predictions to the same scrutiny.

Reaction Score
If you're going to spend your time pointing out where BY posters were wrong, you are signing up a for a full time job. And subjecting your own posts and predictions to the same scrutiny.
Uh no I’m not signing up for anything.

I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom