AP top 25 to be unveiled this morning at 9 am | Page 4 | The Boneyard

AP top 25 to be unveiled this morning at 9 am

Reaction Score
That's good. The big question I have about Baylor. Is how will they do at the point guard this year?

I hope like ND did last year.

Truly that is our biggest concern. (Fans) No true PG so we saw a lot of different looks during the first Exhibition game. As of right now seems to be 3. Jackson, Landrum "Juicy", or Didi Richards. It makes me sick because they could have been really lethal with Morris this season. So we shall see if someone becomes the PG or by committee.

Excited to see how much the Sophomores for the Tenn look this year.

Reaction Score
Fact check: Gustafson was ranked #80 by ESPN and Howard #100...;)

Fact check, in the Vowelguy Composite RankingsTM
Gustafson was #108 (PN 81, BS nr, HG 92, ASGR 109) and
Howard was #117 (PN 86, BS 113, HG ~171, ASGR 125).

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When was the last time he had to do more with less?

Geno's 2010-2011 team was reduced to 8 players due to injury and a mid-season transfer (freshman Samarie Walker). He went with a 6 player rotation most of the year with Lorin Dixon as the 6th man. Lauren Engeln and Michala Johnson were on the far end of the bench, and only played in garbage time.

With only a 6 player rotation, that meant that no one could get tired, get in foul trouble or get hurt the entire season. Most of the starters averaged 33-35 minutes a game. Despite having only 8 players suit up after the Christmas break, UConn made the final 4 that year. I'd say that's doing more with less.

"Some of the inexperience and immaturity that our team has tried to grow through, it came out," she said. "Sometimes you've got to go through those growing pains. It hurts that it had to be in the Final Four. But I really hope that I'll be able to see the benefits of this experience for these guys next year. And hopefully, this will be something they can learn from and respond the same way we did my freshman year." - Maya Moore

Moore always expects the most from herself, and UConn depended on her a great deal this season after losing two starters to graduation (Tina Charles, Kalana Greene) and one to injury (Doty). Then in January, one of the Huskies' top freshmen, Samarie Walker, transferred.

It put additional weight on Moore's shoulders, when she was already carrying a huge load. But she responded in a big way. After the December loss to Stanford, the Huskies (36-2) didn't fall again until Sunday.

[Article]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Fact check, in the Vowelguy Composite RankingsTM
Gustafson was #108 (PN 81, BS nr, HG 92, ASGR 109) and
Howard was #117 (PN 86, BS 113, HG ~171, ASGR 125).

OK...........I'm letting you go on a technicality............;)

Reaction Score
Geno's 2010-2011 team was reduced to 8 players due to injury and a mid-season transfer (freshman Samarie Walker). He went with a 6 player rotation most of the year with Lorin Dixon coming off the bench. Lauren Engeln and Michala Johnson were on the far end of the bench, and only played in garbage time.

With only a 6 player rotation, that meant that no one could get tired, get in foul trouble or get hurt the entire season. UConn made the final 4 that year. I'd say that's doing more with less.

"Some of the inexperience and immaturity that our team has tried to grow through, it came out," she said. "Sometimes you've got to go through those growing pains. It hurts that it had to be in the Final Four. But I really hope that I'll be able to see the benefits of this experience for these guys next year. And hopefully, this will be something they can learn from and respond the same way we did my freshman year." - Maya Moore

Moore always expects the most from herself, and UConn depended on her a great deal this season after losing two starters to graduation (Tina Charles, Kalana Greene) and one to injury (Doty). Then in January, one of the Huskies' top freshmen, Samarie Walker, transferred.

It put additional weight on Moore's shoulders, when she was already carrying a huge load. But she responded in a big way. After the December loss to Stanford, the Huskies (36-2) didn't fall again until Sunday.

[Article]
Not much of a hardship. He started the season with preseason #1 level talent that had already factored in Doty's injury. Walker's transfer had no effect as he got bonus production from freshmen Hartley and Dolson. And he wound up doing what he did last year, playing a rotation of 6 and losing the final game. Sounds like business as usual.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Ok you switched up from Turner to Vaughn now back to Turner. Her scoring 18 points proves alot . Whether you like it or not , she will be a force for the Irish as well as Vaughn & Shepard. If Christyn Williams or Megan Walker score 18 pts sunday im pretty sure this board will be LIT full of "Next Legend" "FOY" winner talk for sure . Let Turner shine , the double standard is kind of annoying . The girl sat out literally a year and half and 1st game back scores 18 Pts 8 rebs 2 blks . Thats an accomplishment period no need to downplay the performace its scary i know. ND will be good enough that they most likely wont need her at AA form , but if so the extra bonus will just make them even more unbeatable .

I'm hoping she is back to AA form, but playing well in an exhibition game doesn't prove that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
UConn #2 in coach’s poll as well. Notre Dame #1 of course but not unanimous.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has exhibition game Monday night vs Carson Newman. The first look at this team. I'll be looking how the freshman look, and the returning players. To see how they look different from last year.
Why did Tennessee kick Anesthesia Hayes off the team? I enjoyed watching her play last season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why did Tennessee kick Anesthesia Hayes off the team? I enjoyed watching her play last season.

'Anesthesia' :confused::confused::confused:

Fruedian Slip? Not enough Sleep? Auto-correct ?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A violation of team rules. No details were given.

Reaction Score

Unconfirmed reports that there were multiple violations over time, including smoking weed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom