AP rankings | The Boneyard

AP rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Oregon not in the Top 25 is LOL. I get that they lost to Arizona and OSU recently, but does anyone think on a neutral floor they are not a top 25 team? Iowa's only top 50 win is Nebraska. FGCU just lost to Stetson and their only top 50 win was Kim's second game helming LSU.

Also think UConn is a bit underranked. Winning games when you have six total players available is a bit like winning with one hand tied behind your back. And speaking as the competition, I'm really not excited when that other hand is finally back from COVID/injury, because the one hand is packing quite a lot of punch already!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Two relative blow-out wins (Depaul and Marquette) and a 3 point loss (Villanova)...and then dropping 2 spots from last week seems a bit much. BUT as I always say... these polls are "fun to debate".. but the only poll that matters is which Team is THE LAST ONE STANDING in April.

GO HUSKIES.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Villanova is now #31 and DePaul is #35. 'Nova had a great start to the week with a win over UConn and an OT win vs. Marquette, but then they lost to Seton Hall, because they couldn't control Lauren Park-Lane. DePaul had to go to 2 OTs to edge Georgetown, surprisingly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oregon not in the Top 25 is LOL. I get that they lost to Arizona and OSU recently, but does anyone think on a neutral floor they are not a top 25 team? Iowa's only top 50 win is Nebraska. FGCU just lost to Stetson and their only top 50 win was Kim's second game helming LSU.

Also think UConn is a bit underranked. Winning games when you have six total players available is a bit like winning with one hand tied behind your back. And speaking as the competition, I'm really not excited when that other hand is finally back from COVID/injury, because the one hand is packing quite a lot of punch already!

After the Ducks beat Arizona and then beat us decidedly, I had high expectations for them. But they have been underwhelming since then. For some reason, they are lacking consistency. I agree that their potential is top-10 or so, but they need to find it.

At this point, I'm as worried about Caroline and Liv as I am about Paige. Buckets looks really good in "warmups." If we get healthy, I think we are a clear top-3 team, as we were in November.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
After the Ducks beat Arizona and then beat us decidedly, I had high expectations for them. But they have been underwhelming since then. For some reason, they are lacking consistency. I agree that their potential is top-10 or so, but they need to find it.

At this point, I'm as worried about Caroline and Liv as I am about Paige. Buckets looks really good in "warmups." If we get healthy, I think we are a clear top-3 team, as we were in November.
This may be true but for us to even get back to the Top 5 or 4, a whole bunch of teams in front of us will have to have multiple losses to lower ranked or unranked teams before their conference tournaments. IMO.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Initially Oregon stumbled out of the gate due to Covid. We all thought the Ducks were back after the UConn beat down and several other big wins. But Oregon has stumbled several times since. You just never know which team is going to show up.

Which takes me to Kelly Graves. A few years ago, with Ionescu running the show, many believed it was just a matter of time before Graves won a national championship. Now, I honestly wonder if he will ever reach that goal at Oregon. Graves is a great recruiter to be sure. But his teams are inconsistent.

Reaction Score

They also have TWO players that Geno pretty much neglects to play.
They are at least as much members of this team as Aubrey.
They practice every week and are in uniform, with sneakers on, and on the sideline ready to contribute.
It is impolite and inaccurate not to categorize them as active and available.
So more than 6.
Coach often chooses to play only 6.
But more than 6.

Reaction Score
UConn is a tough team to rank because you never know from one week to the next
who will be playing. A team with everyone but Paige healthy and playing would be
a top 8 team, maybe a top 5. A team like we've had for the last few games is not
a top 10 team IMO.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Like this?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Initially Oregon stumbled out of the gate due to Covid. We all thought the Ducks were back after the UConn beat down and several other big wins. But Oregon has stumbled several times since. You just never know which team is going to show up.

Which takes me to Kelly Graves. A few years ago, with Ionescu running the show, many believed it was just a matter of time before Graves won a national championship. Now, I honestly wonder if he will ever reach that goal at Oregon. Graves is a great recruiter to be sure. But his teams are inconsistent.
Can UConn fans really point fingers at another team’s inconsistency?

Reaction Score
If Rhode Island doesn't make the tourney, then something needs adjusting.
RI currently sits atop the A10 but has to play Dayton (half game back) twice in the
next four games. For what it's worth Charlie Creme has Dayton as the automatic
qualifier from the A10 and no other A10 team in the field. Looks like it will all depend
on the A10 tournament.

Reaction Score
Like this?

IF you watch the video with your head tilted about 30 degrees to the right (or left if you are left handed) and squint your eyes just right, Captain Marvel getting her powers looks somewhat like our skinny blonde Sophomore that's been on the bench since early December. Ready to break out!!! ;);)

This could be a magical end to a bumpy season. :):D:cool:

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This may be true but for us to even get back to the Top 5 or 4, a whole bunch of teams in front of us will have to have multiple losses to lower ranked or unranked teams before their conference tournaments. IMO.
Based on the team having 5 losses, I think we'll do well to get a seed of 7 or 8 overall (2 seed in Bridgeport). But the full lineup makes us a better team than our record accumulated during an injury-decimated season. With everyone but Aubrey back and healthy, only South Carolina and Stanford may be better than us. IMO.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Still can't see why Louisville is ahead of State in both this poll and the BY Poll.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
RI currently sits atop the A10 but has to play Dayton (half game back) twice in the
next four games. For what it's worth Charlie Creme has Dayton as the automatic
qualifier from the A10 and no other A10 team in the field. Looks like it will all depend
on the A10 tournament.
Well Dayton just lost to a significantly lesser team yesterday and their NET dropped to #50 overall and URI is #44. The proof will be played out over the next week+ as they do play Dayton twice and in the Conference Tournament.

The real issue will be if Rhody runs the regular season undefeated but loses in the A10 Tournament is #44 ranking enough to get them an at-large bid as that is about the cut line for the non-automatic qualifiers.

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
I agree with Stymie. As I said before, I am uncomfortable with the comment that we had only 6 players available. We have two 6'5" players on the bench that contribute their best in practice and are standing by and eager to contribute. Consider how they would feel if they thought they were considered as non-existent.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Still can't see why Louisville is ahead of State in both this poll and the BY Poll.
2 losses v. 3 losses?
Even though State beat Louisville in their only head to head matchup, the Cardinals did crush the Golden Domers this weekend...oh wait, that shouldn't have been a reward. Oh well. The ACC Tournament should sort that out.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Not convinced Iowa State, Baylor, Indiana, Michigan and LSU should be as high as they are.

I agree that no Oregon while Iowa and FGCU manage to hold on is an LOL.
Because they are in a P5 conference...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44