AP Preseason All-America Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Preseason All-America Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Five minutes, sure. Notice above I extrapolated using Stokes' 18.5 per game from last year, a number that certainly would've been higher if not for Dolson. That's 61% of Williams' PT which I think is enough to give us a decent estimation.
I'm with you and couldn't disagree with Vowel more. There's "usually a reason"? Yeah - Stokes was playing behind an AA center who was taken 6th in the WNBA draft. How else can you compare players who play a disparate number of minutes? Any way agree with you 100% FWIW.

To use Rigby as an example is just silly. Anyway, keep on with your stats. Love em...

Reaction Score
Jewel Loyd is a great player.
She may have given a dumb interview but she can go off at any time.
I don't think it's a given that anyone stops her on a night she's hot.

But it'll be fun seeing Mo try. :)
Agree Loyd is a great player. She may have a tendency to get hotter when playing inferior opponents. Would love to see Moriah shut her down twice - once in the regular season game (AA voting before NCAAs?), and again in the tourney.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll be happy as long as Moriah makes the WBCA AA team. I would love for the name of all five starters from that transcendent 2013-2014 team to be on the Huskies of Honor Wall. Bria and Stef are already on it, KML and Stewie have secured their spots, and it's all about Moriah being considered one of the 10 best players in the country this season.

As for Kaleena, I thought she deserved AP AA honors in 2012-13, and it'd be wonderful if she made that cut in 2015.
I think Moriah makes a 10-player team this year. She's in charge of this team and she'll simply take over games. She had 19 points in the exhibition opener. She'll score a lot more than 10 ppg this season.

Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd is athletic, talented, and confident, but not humble. She's missing a key trait, in my book.
Some great players are not humble (Michael Jordan & Diana Taurasi, for example), but that doesn't mean they have to tell everyone how great they are. If JL was so great that nobody could guard her (except her brother), then we'd all be saying it without her having to point it out.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd is athletic, talented, and confident, but not humble. She's missing a key trait, in my book.

Honestly, that quote is so out of character for her.

Not that it really matters, but I never thought I'd see the day when Loyd was criticized for a lack of humility.

Reaction Score
Honestly, that quote is so out of character for her.

Not that it really matters, but I never thought I'd see the day when Loyd was criticized for a lack of humility.
She may have been taken advantage of, or taken out of context, by the interviewer (Michelle Smith). Being a Notre Dame payer, I'm sure she's really very humble. (Like Skylar Diggins)

Reaction Score
She had 28 points, 7 boards, 5 blocks against UNC last year, 17/11, 3 blocks and 4 steals against Maryland, 20/6 against Notre Dame, 17/16 against Notre Dame, etc. She is inconsistent, but she can put up big numbers. If she finds consistency this year, she could be one of the better players in the nation.
I can tell you that getting big numbers against North Carolina and Maryland isn't overly impressive to me since neither of those teams come across as well coached teams defensively. They play basketball less like a team and more like they're playing playground basketball. I think there's a matchup issue with Notre Dame that helped amp up her stats against them. One of the issues with the defense of her making first team All-American that I think is silly is when people say she's very talented but totally inconsistent. If that's the case and has been for 3 years, then she is NOT an All-American! No one who doesn't bring it night after night after night should be considered for that type of accolade. Someone might have an off night but to be so totally inconsistent, particularly in big games, shouldn't even be considered. End of story!

Reaction Score
I can't wrap my head around a Nancy Lieberman top five finalist not getting any votes. She held the eventual winner, Sims, to 4 of 25 shooting last year. The only reasoning that makes some sense to me is they didn't want to vote for too many UCONN players. :eek: There will certainly be a large group of point guards that line up against Moriah this year that will wonder why she didn't get any votes.

45 TO GO

Reaction Score
It must have been that SID's at each school were limited to two nominees for the AA team and Moriah's name was left off the ballot as a result. Moriah has too great a reputation already to have been totally snubbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom