AP Poll Week 9 - UConn RV (#29) | The Boneyard

AP Poll Week 9 - UConn RV (#29)

Reaction Score

Received a few more votes this week than last. Big East still has 4 teams in, with Providence usurping Seton Hall as the highest ranked BE team.

Reaction Score
Poor Seton Hall. Went from being the highest ranked Big East team last week to being unranked next week.

Reaction Score
Those poll votes published on Twitter hyped me up. I thought UConn was gonna crack the Top25.

Reaction Score
Oh god, PC gets a minor taste of success, in December albeit, and their fans grow like fungus on this board.

Reaction Score
It will all change. The Hall was screwed by Covid in a big way. Don’t worry we will see the full squad Saturday and will probably not be 29 next week. Lots of season left will be interesting no doubt.

Reaction Score
It will all change. The Hall was screwed by Covid in a big way. Don’t worry we will see the full squad Saturday and will probably not be 29 next week. Lots of season left will be interesting no doubt.
Hard to say that we'll lose to Hall since don't know who or if we'll be missing anyone by Sat....but if Hall back to full strength Sat and we're missing a couple of key players them yes it's likely a loss for good guys.

If we're at full strength after Hall then we should be fine but if it's a week to week for awhile then who the freak knows. Eventually should be good but wish could have won at least 1 of the 3 winnable loses that gave away to have in the resume bank.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Poor Seton Hall. Went from being the highest ranked Big East team last week to being unranked next week.
yeah but at least they played being short handed - props to them

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Our win over Auburn is looking better each day, and our losses to Mich State, PC and WVU are all teams now in the top 30. No “bad losses” in the bunch.
PC is a bad loss - no matter how you look at it

Reaction Score
PC is a bad loss - no matter how you look at it
then you have blinders on. losing to the (now) #16 team by 4 w/o sanogo is not a bad loss every which way you look at it. we could have played better but that doesnt mean it's a bad loss on paper.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I watched the game. It was a bad loss.

Reaction Score
I watched the game. It was a bad loss.
Anyone calling it a bad loss should explain what he or she means. Reasonable people can argue it's an embarrassing loss, or a tough loss given the way it played out, or any number of other characterizations that one can consider "bad." The argument that the loss will hurt our résumé equally to or worse than an average D1 loss, however, is much harder to defend. In fact, I'd call that argument ludicrous.

Reaction Score
Anyone calling it a bad loss should explain what he or she means. Reasonable people can argue it's an embarrassing loss, or a tough loss given the way it played out, or any number of other characterizations that one can consider "bad." The argument that the loss will hurt our résumé equally to or worse than an average D1 loss, however, is much harder to defend. In fact, I'd call that argument ludicrous.
I just don't think providence is very good is why I think it is a bad loss....I think their resume is really fluffed up right now. Everything has gone perfect for them so far with COVID/Injuries. They caught the 3 best teams they have played shorthanded and got pummeled by a bad Virginia team.

Reaction Score
I just don't think providence is very good is why I think it is a bad loss....I think their resume is really fluffed up right now. Everything has gone perfect for them so far with COVID/Injuries. They caught the 3 best teams they have played shorthanded and got pummeled by a bad Virginia team.

You don't go 13-1 with just luck. Gotta give it to them. They are rolling right now. Their wins against Wisconsin and Texas Tech looking better too

The real question is whether they will be rolling when its most important - March. Providence needs to deliver for the Big East. Every time they get to the NCAAs they flop after having a great year.

Reaction Score
You don't go 13-1 with just luck. Gotta give it to them. They are rolling right now. Their wins against Wisconsin and Texas Tech looking better too

The real question is whether they will be rolling when its most important - March. Providence needs to deliver for the Big East. Every time they get to the NCAAs they flop after having a great year.
Texas Tech is a solid win at home, but Wisconsin didn't have Johnny Davis when they played who might be the best player in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom