AP Poll - Week 5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 5

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Could you imagine where we'd be without this piss poor OOC scheduling?! Shizzle wasn't willing to buy a Gampel ticket to watch his team. It's about November "events", not about building success to March...
Usually people like it when a plan comes together.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Totally agree.

Baylor will be interesting to see where the go being 1-1 last week With the win being over darling Gonzaga.
A sigh of relief that Baylor isn't ahead of us. Shouldn't dodging them in the Big 12 challenge get counted as a forfeit? Plus, we haven't really played anybody good. And now that our conference stinks, we're pretty much cooked. Unless we can get our free throws made comfortably above 80%.

Ever the optimist, I will celebrate the #5 ranking, breathe steadily, and return to taking one game at a time. I am hopeful that the coaches, players, and fans do the same.

Saturday's game is a big deal.

Reaction Score
I’ve always been a staunch supporter of Houston basketball ever since Sampson took over, but what exactly have they done to be #1 and receive the majority of first place votes? Start the year high in the AP poll and not lose games they shouldn’t I guess? Their best wins were against an injured Oregon team (which we witnessed firsthand how short of bodies they were), and a 50 point win against St. Mary’s (who also lost 2 straight to mediocre teams the week before). What am I missing here?

Reaction Score
I’ve always been a staunch supporter of Houston basketball ever since Sampson took over, but what exactly have they done to be #1 and receive the majority of first place votes? Start the year high in the AP poll and not lose games they shouldn’t I guess? Their best wins were against an injured Oregon team (which we witnessed firsthand how short of bodies they were), and a 50 point win against St. Mary’s (who also lost 2 straight to mediocre teams the week before). What am I missing here?

You meant 5 point win against St Mary’s I think, in which they scored 22 in the 2nd half lol. But it’s a win, good for them. Time will tell for all these teams, bumps in the road etc.. Let it play out we will see.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Marcus Sasser is still one of the best guards in the country. He has the ability to Kemba/Shabazz takeover games at times.

Reaction Score
A sigh of relief that Baylor isn't ahead of us. Shouldn't dodging them in the Big 12 challenge get counted as a forfeit? Plus, we haven't really played anybody good. And now that our conference stinks, we're pretty much cooked. Unless we can get our free throws made comfortably above 80%.

Ever the optimist, I will celebrate the #5 ranking, breathe steadily, and return to taking one game at a time. I am hopeful that the coaches, players, and fans do the same.

Saturday's game is a big deal.
Why is LIU a “big” game, what am I missing?

Reaction Score
Might have to ask one of the historians here but would this be the first time we have made the top 5 in AP without having an all-american? I guess Sanogo could end up there but I feel like this is a first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom