AP Poll - Week 16 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 16

Reaction Score
Creighton's center played sick for the Nebraska game, and was out for the BYU, Arizona State and Marquette losses.
We started the first 3 games without Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins. That never gets brought up in the trajectory of the season

Reaction Score
Creighton's center played sick for the Nebraska game, and was out for the BYU, Arizona State and Marquette losses.
We've had injuries over the years and this is never taken into account by the rankers.

He even played in both games against UConn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We started the first 3 games without Andre Jackson and Jordan Hawkins. That never gets brought up in the trajectory of the season

And UConn won all 3 games so it doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
And UConn won all 3 games so it doesn't matter.
But it does. If you’re going to give them the excuse of missing a player then you’d have to give every team that has missed significant players that same excuse

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
But it does. If you’re going to give them the excuse of missing a player then you’d have to give every team that has missed significant players that same excuse

Do I have to draw this using crayons? UCONN DIDN'T LOSE THOSE GAMES. Therefore, UConn doesn't need an excuse.

You are welcome to think it doesn't matter all you want, but when healthy, Creighton is really good, and Creighton is healthy right now.

Reaction Score
Balonga. Every team has had injuries. And watching the broadcast just now King was pretty good in his absence. It provides context. But it shouldn’t absolve them of those losses. They lost to Nebraska with Kalkbrenner. They weren’t setting the world on fire before his absence. And yes they are pretty good

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Balonga. Every team has had injuries. And watching the broadcast just now King was pretty good in his absence. It provides context. But it shouldn’t absolve them of those losses. They lost to Nebraska with Kalkbrenner. They weren’t setting the world on fire before his absence. And yes they are pretty good
Im not getting into you guys pissing war but Nebraska has beaten Wisconsin, Rutgers and Maryland the last 3 games

Reaction Score
Im not getting into you guys pissing war but Nebraska has beaten Wisconsin, Rutgers and Maryland the last 3 games
Yea but they weren’t playing this well when they beat them. 14-14 they’re objectively not good. All of this is moot though because Creighton is a good team. But a top 4 seed with 10+ losses is a stretch

Reaction Score
Makes sense...and I have no knowledge, it just seems like it's hard to overcome recency bias in a subjective poll IMO.
For the poll, that's fine. AP voters can use whatever criteria they want.

For NCAA Tournament selection and seeding, they're supposed to consider the whole resume, not just who's hot at the time. It's clear that they're not doing that and are deferring to the (subjective, recency-bias-affected) polls, which hurts us more than anyone else.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

ummmm because we played Stonehill (332), BU (286), and Buffalo (196)? Maybe?

August_West

Reaction Score
Yea but they weren’t playing this well when they beat them. 14-14 they’re objectively not good. All of this is moot though because Creighton is a good team. But a top 4 seed with 10+ losses is a stretch

Will you say that on selection Sunday if we have 10 losses but a top 16 Net ranking and end up as a 6 or maybe a 5? methinks you and the metrics crew will be screaming that we got robbed.

August_West

Reaction Score
They lost to Nebraska with Kalkbrenner.
Kalkbrenner was already sick. That was his last game before shutting it down. Kalbrenner still wasn't right for our win either. I don't care, it was still a real good win for us. You have to play the games in front of you with the players you have. But Kalkbrenner wasn't Kalkbrenner for either of those games, but he was worse (sick) for the Nebraska game for sure.

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner was already sick. That was his last game before shutting it down. Kalbrenner still wasn't right for our win either. I don't care, it was still a real good win for us. You have to play the games in front of you with the players you have. But Kalkbrenner wasn't Kalkbrenner for either of those games, but he was worse (sick) for the Nebraska game for sure.
He wasn't right for our win based on what? Kalk had been back 2+ weeks and played in 3 games prior to our matchup, including a 19 points outing and another with 17/8 with 6 blocks. He was fine health wise, we just shut him down.

Reaction Score
Will you say that on selection Sunday if we have 10 losses but a top 16 Net ranking and end up as a 6 or maybe a 5? methinks you and the metrics crew will be screaming that we got robbed.
No I won’t. If we have 10 losses we won’t be deserving of a 4 seed

Reaction Score
He wasn't right for our win based on what? Kalk had been back 2+ weeks and played in 3 games prior to our matchup, including a 19 points outing and another with 17/8 with 6 blocks. He was fine health wise, we just shut him down.
Every other team gets all the excuses. From the same fans that don’t give us any

Reaction Score
Idk if there is one player on our team who could’ve been out that would have you giving us a pass had we lost a game like that

August_West

Reaction Score

Does it hurt your manhood that Kalk was under the weather for our game? I already credited us for a great win.

August_West

Reaction Score
Every other team gets all the excuses. From the same fans that don’t give us any

Sanogo was pretty ill against Seton Hall Saturday, certainly not at top of his game. Thankfully we won.

August_West

Reaction Score
No I won’t. If we have 10 losses we won’t be deserving of a 4 seed

Why is 10 your benchmark for a 4 seed? Just curious.

Reaction Score
The UConn men's basketball team.
If UConn lost to PC, Nova and a BE tournament game there is no way in hell they should be a 4 seed. Not in my opinion at least. But my 10 loss criteria has nothing to do with UConn.

I could be wrong but do 10 loss teams regularly get top 4 seeds? There wasn’t one last year. Or the year before.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If UConn lost to PC, Nova and a BE tournament game there is no way in hell they should be a 4 seed. Not in my opinion at least. But my 10 loss criteria has nothing to do with UConn.

I could be wrong but do 10 loss teams regularly get top 4 seeds? There wasn’t one last year. Or the year before.
UNC was a 2 seed in 2018 with 10 losses

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom