AP Poll Week 16 - UConn #21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll Week 16 - UConn #21

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bama is up and down but Ive somehow watched a ton of them this year. It's a scary team. Ive seen them look as good as anyone in country.
Those mid pack SEC teams are scary every year. Not sure what it is, but it seems like there is always one that overachieves.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Xavier final 4 stat was wrong, but either way you make a great point. I have learned something here today . I originally stated that the BE gets no love. I guess I should change that to - they probably haven't done enough to deserve it.

This is probably the big frustration of the BE. In recent history usually the 2nd to 7th-ish place teams are all good and quite evenly matched, along with coaches that tend to know eachothers strengths and weaknesses very well. This has created a quadmire that makes it difficult to rise above and the conference eats itself alive. Even DePaul snipes a few wins each year from higher tier teams. This has had a big affect on seeding, making second weekend runs in the tournament more challenging (combined with a few untimely and/or unfortunate upsets or other mishaps), and you have the lack of progress you see now.

I'm hoping that with 11 teams going forward that the odd number will help break up the conference a bit more and we'll begin to see more semi-high/middle seeds going forward. Consequently we should see more success in the tourney as well.

Reaction Score
Bama is up and down but Ive somehow watched a ton of them this year. It's a scary team. Ive seen them look as good as anyone in country.
I don't know. They almost lost to Vandy and have won 11 games by very close margins. I'm not sold

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom