Reaction Score
Being #9 is scary.

UConn is good but not that good

Beat Maryland by 1
Beat BC by 2
Beat Indiana by 1
Beat a depleted Florida team by 1

A number 9 team would destroy these teams

How many #9 teams can't rebound and have zero low post offense?

Not horribly tough games until 1/16 at Memphis and 1/18 at Louisville so we will see

Bazz can't save our ass in every tough game. He is not Kemba yet

Sorry the voice of reason.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Reaction Score
Why do people keep saying Florida is depleted? They were missing a backup point guard. They had all their starters. The frosh PF Chris Walker? Yeah, that might be considered a miss, but the kid isn't even on campus yet. His academics aren't cleared. How can you call that depleted?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
No biggie bro just some friendly give and take. I'm sure my points are pretty irrelevant compared to a BY legend like yourself. :) Hopefully I can continue to learn from the best here.

Have a good 1 OkaFor.
You too man. Hope that didn't come off contentious.

Reaction Score
Being #9 is scary.

UConn is good but not that good

Beat Maryland by 1
Beat BC by 2
Beat Indiana by 1
Beat a depleted Florida team by 1

A number 9 team would destroy these teams

How many #9 teams can't rebound and have zero low post offense?

Not horribly tough games until 1/16 at Memphis and 1/18 at Louisville so we will see

Bazz can't save our ass in every tough game. He is not Kemba yet
I
Sorry the voice of reason.
For starters, it's never a good idea to dub oneself as the voice of reason around here. Plenty in this thread have already done more than enough to blow holes in your so called reason.

With that said, I want to thank you for bringing up some awesome memories of what has already been an exciting season. I have no idea where this train is going to leave us off, but no matter where it goes I'm going to enjoy every moment of it.

As to why you had to hijack this thread about the wonderful achievement of being the first non-JC coached UConn team to crack the top ten most of us have witness in our lifetime, and doing so just one and a third seasons after the program's architect handed over the keys to KO is just mind numbing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
STB is a fan of some other team and just comes here to troll, right?

Reaction Score
Yes, but it's been tested against a bunch of average ones, BCU, Maryland, UF, IU. Good that they pulled these out. UF will be good when they get all their players back, so will help RPI in end.

This team really hasn't been tested against a top opponent yet. I can't wait for the Louisville game and Memphis games. Should be good ones.

Reaction Score
Yes, but it's been tested against a bunch of average ones, BCU, Maryland, UF, IU. Good that they pulled these out. UF will be good when they get all their players back, so will help RPI in end.

What players are coming back for Florida?

People keep saying this.

I don't know why.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
What players are coming back for Florida?

People keep saying this.

I don't know why.
Chris Walker and their PG Hill. Walker will help them on the boards and add another post-scoring option. And Hill can play. They are pretty much a new team with them in the lineup and Wilbekin healthy.

Reaction Score
Chris Walker and their PG Hill. Walker will help them on the boards and add another post-scoring option. And Hill can play. They are pretty much a new team with them in the lineup and Wilbekin healthy.

But UF's preseason ranking didn't factor in Walker, its not even a given that he will be cleared by the NCAA. The only player that was relevant to the UF team that was missing is Hill.

Reaction Score

This is a stretch though since Wilbekin played all but the final minutes. They are not on the floor together.

As for Walker, he's not even on campus yet. Never played for them. That's not a matter of depletion as much as it is waiting for a freshman to join the team.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is a stretch though since Wilbekin played all but the final minutes. They are not on the floor together.

As for Walker, he's not even on campus yet. Never played for them. That's not a matter of depletion as much as it is waiting for a freshman to join the team.
Wasn't aware he isn't on campus. But as for Hill he adds another dimension for the team. Didn't they both play together to start the season?

Reaction Score
Wasn't aware he isn't on campus. But as for Hill he adds another dimension for the team. Didn't they both play together to start the season?

No, Wilbekin was suspended when Hill was available, then when Hill got injured they re-instated Wilbekin.

Reaction Score
No, Wilbekin was suspended when Hill was available, then when Hill got injured they re-instated Wilbekin.

If they play them together they take away their second best scoring option.

Reaction Score
If they play them together they take away their second best scoring option.

Pretty much, UF is obviously going to better with Hill because he's talented and for depth purposes, but how much time are you going to take away from Prather and Frazier? Prather was just a role player before this season and now he's their best player because he no longer has all those guards ahead of him.

Reaction Score
UConn. . .

Beat Maryland . . .

Beat BC . . .

Beat Indiana . . .

Beat . . . Florida . . .
163.gif

Yes. Yes. A pattern emerges. [evil laugh timbre]Mwu-hahah-hahah-hahahah[/evil laugh timbre]

oh, and Bill . . .

181.gif

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
You could make the argument that we know how to win in the clutch. You could also make the argument that if a few statistically random events (e.g. Bazz's badly missed shot caroms differently off the backboard, Brimah is called for a foul on Vonleh, Olander misses that 3 against Maryland and they tie on the next possession) break differently, we're 6-3 and seriously questioning the talent, makeup, and coaching of this team.

That's a pretty weak argument. There were just as many breaks that DIDN'T go our way, and we still won. If some of those breaks had gone our way, the close wins might have been a lot less close.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In all seriousness keep up the great work. I hope that band your kid is in continues to hit the right notes.
The grueling high school season ended Nov. 9 although we still do fundraising year 'round. However, my kid loves marching band and so he's auditioning for the 7th Regiment. If he makes it, he gets to live on a bus next summer while the band tours New England, the northern states, and the Midwest. If he's going 3 weeks without a shower in July & August, I'm going to hose him off in the back yard before I let him in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom