AP Poll - UConn 17 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - UConn 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"I think there are probably seven teams that all could be No. 1 in the country," Calipari said.

Based on what?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The team that jumps out to me is UVA. I just don't buy them at 10. They lose Harris and Mitchell, don't bring in anyone of note that I'm aware of. Brogdon is the only guy that even registers on production radar last year. Why do they deserve to be at number 10?

Reaction Score
Outliers (Voter, region / UConn rank / Other ranks of note)

Believers:
Aaron Brenner, SC / 7 / Cincy 22, Dayton 23, Iowa 20, Utah 19, Minnesota 21, Baylor 25 (clearly out of his mind but respects champ)
Matt McCoy, Ohio / 11
Chris Dahille, Baltimore / 11 / Utah 19, Texas 25
Daniel Shirley / 11 / Wisconsin 7
Joe Rexrode, Detroit / 12
Dave Borges, New Haven / 12 / Memphis 25

Doubters:
Mitch Vingle, WV (the Dude?) / unranked / UNLV 24, Memphis 25, Texas 2!!!!
Mark Berman, VA (we have problems w/ the virgins) / unranked / Texas 3, Harvard 18, Colorado 20, Kansas St. 23, S. F. Austin 25
Jon Werner, Texas / unranked / Iowa 14, Syracuse 18, Colorado 21
Rick Bozich, Louisville / unranked / Dayton 23, Iowa 17 (Bozo hated UConn all season last year)
Steve Wiseman, NC / unranked / Colorado 19 (his relatives have suggested he change his last name)
Cormac Gordon, Staten Isle, NY / unranked / Villanova 25, Iowa 24, Utah 21, Minnesota 16, NC State!!!!!!! 12 (don't drink the water Cormac)
Randy Rosetta, New Orleans / 24 / Syracuse 15, Colorado 16, Illinois 23
Jerry Carino, NJ / 24
Jay Drew / 24 / Iowa 19, Kansas St 21
Kevin McNamara, Providence / 23 / Georgetown 24 (only vote in poll), FSU 21, Kansas St 17
Jon Wilner, San Jose / 22 / Utah 21
Scott Mansch, Montana / 22
Jason Smith, Memphis (guess we'll need to beat Memphis 3x again before he's impressed) / 22 / Pitt 23

Reaction Score
You put all that together on your own going voter by voter?

I mass selected all the links first into new windows (i.e. I opened all the links at once). Then I just went window by window.

I think it took me about 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
"I think there are probably seven teams that all could be No. 1 in the country," Calipari said.

Based on what?

So when they lose he can say it was to one of the seven schools.
And he had to much talent so he couldn't justify playing the best in that game.
Whiner

Reaction Score
I think we were 17 or 18 last years..... Good Mojo

Reaction Score
First, I'd like to thank the board for awarding me the "new member trophy." I'm honored. Truth be told, not since junior soccer have I done so little to warrant a trophy, but, just like then, I proudly accept the symbol of my minimal achievement, which, in this case, was registering at the Boneyard.
Second, I like being 16 or 17. Just wonderful. When the time comes - and by "the time" I mean March and April - we'll be primed, raring, banging on all, and so on and so forth. And the pressure will be all on them. Let the choke artists of the world have the 1 seeds. Give one to Poorexcuse. Another to Roy at NC - "call me when you have no class. [literally]" RDangerfield. Send one out to the Pitts. One to Phew Devils. We'll take a nice 5 seed, thank you very much.
I pity the poor fools who get seeded higher than us.
I love the fact that we're now the team that higher seeds will look for, first thing, in their brackets and think, "damn, UConn's in our bracket."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First, I'd like to thank the board for awarding me the "new member trophy." I'm honored. Truth be told, not since junior soccer have I done so little to warrant a trophy, but, just like then, I proudly accept the symbol of my minimal achievement, which, in this case, was registering at the Boneyard.
Second, I like being 16 or 17. Just wonderful. When the time comes - and by "the time" I mean March and April - we'll be primed, raring, banging on all, and so on and so forth. And the pressure will be all on them. Let the choke artists of the world have the 1 seeds. Give one to Poorexcuse. Another to Roy at NC - "call me when you have no class. [literally]" RDangerfield. Send one out to the Pitts. One to Phew Devils. We'll take a nice 5 seed, thank you very much.
I love the fact that we're now the team that higher seeds will look for, first thing, in their brackets and think, "damn, UConn's in our bracket."
When you make up your mind let us know.

Welcome to the Boneyard, land of multiple personalties and idiosyncrasies. You may come to the conclusion that this site reviews anything but UConn men's bb. Dig deep enough and you will find a few nuggets about the topic of your passion - UConn men's bb. Although you may scratch your head and wonder if everyone that claims to be a UConn fan is a card carrying fan. It's an interesting place to say the least. Pleas contribute.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like the way you came right out of the gate with a Freudian Slip to confirm your name.
Only question is whether the guilty or not guilty pleas are contributing.
You're just lucky I'm not Friar J. Otherwise I'd call you an obnoxious little punk! Can't do it because I have no idea if you are little. :cool: For all I know you could be Tampahusky.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
How many cell phones do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul