AP Poll 11/13 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AP Poll 11/13

Reaction Score
He doesn't think they should've moved from #12 to #3, I don't think they should've either.
Maybe, I'd strongly disagree though with polls this early in the season. When you have one of the few good wins of the season you're going to see a big jump. Which is why Arizona moved way up, James Madison was ranked, and Weber State even got 2 votes

Reaction Score
The fact that clowns like Goodman are still allowed to put content out is just laughable, how are you ALWAYS wrong with your takes and assessments on a sport you cover

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Going from 12 to 3 is too much. But it’s early and they’ll have plenty of chances to prove they belong that high. I do sorta agree if it wasn’t Duke, they probably don’t get past 5 or 6 though,

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My point is I think Duke was over valued preseason and the AZ win is not as valuable as the jump they made in the polls (I wonder how many voting actually watched the game?!), but yes it will all work itself out. :)
This is actually a really interesting question. It's been raised around here, but I didn't really think about it. It would be criminal if these clowns didn't see the games, but I'm also sure there's no way they see them all.

Reaction Score
Not if you watched the game - both looked like 12-15th ranked teams.
Most teams had played either 1 or 2 games vs inferior competition up to that point, Arizona vs Duke on the road was the most "challenging" scheduled game of the year so far, and its a CBB year devoid of truly elite talent, I don't even know how you come to that evaluation so early in the year.

Reaction Score
Most teams had played either 1 or 2 games vs inferior competition up to that point, Arizona vs Duke on the road was the most "challenging" scheduled game of the year so far, and its a CBB year devoid of truly elite talent, I don't even know how you come to that evaluation so early in the year.
I disagree completely with it being a year devoid of elite talent. NBA talent? Maybe. But there are some truly great college players this year

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’s too early to make that assessment, but not too early to say there’s no elite talent? How does that work?

Reaction Score
I disagree completely with it being a year devoid of elite talent. NBA talent? Maybe. But there are some truly great college players this year
Yes, projectable NBA talent, it's been a talking point about this year's freshman class(since those are usually the guys drafted at the top besides international guys) for awhile now

Reaction Score
It’s too early to make that assessment, but not too early to say there’s no elite talent? How does that work?
Its works because I'm talking about guys projected for the NBA, figured it was obvious but I guess not

Reaction Score
Yes, projectable NBA talent, it's been a talking point about this year's freshman class(since those are usually the guys drafted at the top besides international guys) for awhile now
What does that have to do with the CBB season? Adama and AJax weren’t considered projected NBA talent.

Reaction Score
Its works because I'm talking about guys projected for the NBA, figured it was obvious but I guess not
It wasn’t obvious because it has nothing to do with the CBB season lol

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with the CBB season? Adama and AJax weren’t considered projected NBA talent.
Last year's team had 3 guys who are on NBA rosters(one that was a lottery pick that you left out) and Clingan and possibly Karaban will join them. I'm not sure I can say alot of these other 10-12 teams the guy I was responding to who feels Zona/Duke are behind can say they have 5 NBA guys on their roster. I know you guys are thirsty to beat your chest and say Duke is trash but looking at the landscape right now after 2 bleeping games I can't say this early that there are 10-12 teams better than Zona & Duke because these teams are not loaded like that. It's not 2015, there isn't Duke/UK/Wisc sitting at the top of the mountain, it's open. If you disagree that's fine, you can have your opinion.

Reaction Score
Last year's team had 3 guys who are on NBA rosters(one that was a lottery pick that you left out) and Clingan and possibly Karaban will join them. I'm not sure I can say alot of these other 10-12 teams the guy I was responding to who feels Zona/Duke are behind can say they have 5 NBA guys on their roster. I know you guys are thirsty to beat your chest and say Duke is trash but looking at the landscape right now after 2 bleeping games I can't say this early that there are 10-12 teams better than Zona & Duke because these teams are not loaded like that. It's not 2015, there isn't Duke/UK/Wisc sitting at the top of the mountain, it's open. If you disagree that's fine, you can have your opinion.
I’m not even reading past the first sentence. That only became true at conclusion of the season. We 2 games in.

And even if we were to know for certain which guys will be in the league a year from now, that still has ZERO effect on the college season. You brought up that Wisconsin team. Name me all of the NBA guys on that team…

Reaction Score
I’m not even reading past the first sentence. That only became true at conclusion of the season. We 2 games in
I'm glad you realized this, that was the original point to begin with. I'm glad I was able to help.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you realized this, that was the original point to begin with. I'm glad I was able to help.
I’ve never not realized it lmfao. You made a ridiculous statement. That insinuated the best teams will have the most “projected NBA talent”. And that’s just completely untrue

Reaction Score
They failed my top-10 eye test (based on years of watching past college basketball seasons). They could pass it down the road but they were not impressive.

Reaction Score
I’ve never not realized it lmfao. You made a ridiculous statement. That insinuated the best teams will have the most “projected NBA talent”. And that’s just completely untrue
Dudes like you make this board so damn difficult and I don't get it, the manner in which you dudes conduct yourselves man, some of y'all really need to get hit with some act right.

Reaction Score
Dudes like you make this board so damn difficult and I don't get it, the manner in which you dudes conduct yourselves man, some of y'all really need to get hit with some act right.
You can’t be this clueless

Reaction Score
He's actually not wrong.
So the teams with the most NBA talent are the best college teams? You can’t be ready to join club clueless.

John Calipari would like a word with both of you.

2014 UConn would like a word with you as well.

The NBA mock drafts are not determined based on college production. Or else Adama would’ve been a lottery pick

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So the teams with the most NBA talent are the best college teams? You can’t be ready to join club clueless.
I have no comment on players with NBA talent. look at his comment that I was referring to (your post #118). but you be you.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
These guys can't watch all the games and I can see them skipping our early slate. and holding back "until we've played somebody". But anyone who has seen at least 10 minutes of UConn basketball can see we're real good.

Reaction Score
10 point loss on the road to an unranked opponent. Granted we played poorly, but I don't know that it reached "Trainwreck status".
Best thing to happen to them. State is better than unranked. May light that fire that was missing since stewie left and Paige got hurt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thread turned into a disaster. NBA talent helps, but doesn’t overcome a lack of experience. Experience is critical but doesn’t overcome a lack of talent. A great college team needs talent and experience and preferably talented experience. KU was #1 because Dickinson, Harris and McCullar all provide that. Just not much depth. UConn has some talented experienced players too. Purdue, Marquette do too. Duke has some as well, but is younger overall. They won’t be as good early in the season.

The Top 25 is going to change a lot in the weeks to come. No sense worrying about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom