AP Poll 11/09 | The Boneyard

AP Poll 11/09

Reaction Score
I would broadly say that the entire Big East is underrated in this poll.

But, as is always the case, pre-season polls are worth very little... UConn has to prove themselves on the court these days before anyone will believe in them again pre-season, lots of new pieces and lots of talent and opportunity.

Reaction Score

UConn still hasn’t been ranked since Oct. 31, 2016, when it was ranked No. 18 in the preseason poll. The following week, after a home loss to Northeastern in their season-opener, the Huskies were out of the Top 25.

That hurts to read.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'd rather start low and move up than start high and move down.

Makes for some nice wrong side favorite betting action early season when the first ranked/favored victim comes to town.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

Makes for some nice wrong side favorite betting action early season when the first ranked/favored victim comes to town.
I agree with that but many AP voters are subject to anchoring. So I'd argue it's easier to maintain your ranked position than to ascend into the top 25.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We belong in the top 25, but when you haven't shown anyone you can do it, and the last time you were ranked pre-season the team ended up being terrible, I can understand the skepticism. They are being cautious.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I like to use tbis poll tracker. It shows what the AP voters voted each week and some other comparison metrics that make it interesting. In our case, as with others, you can see who voted for us and at what number. You can find football and NET here too.

Basketball :: College Poll Tracker :: Breaking down college polls every week of the season.

This is cool, thanks for sharing.

Why did Jon Rothstein vote us 25 but have us 30 in ‘The Rothstein 45’?

Love the home cooking from Borges.

Reaction Score

I’m pretty sure last season we covered the spread in every Nov, Jan game except, he who shall not be named.

Reaction Score

Good question. I don't know. The cool thing about this tracker is you see who votes what. It is different then HOF ballots which is nice. I find it interesting to see the different perspectives. There is a lot of home cooking across the board per region for local teams. I like to see who gives us votes each week. I also think there is weekly trending and hostorical tallies on the site too.

Reaction Score

Jeff Goodman had us at 23 in his rankings, so not everybody is sleeping on us. Before the 2010-2011 season, Sports Illustrated didn't even have us in their pre season NCAA Tournament projections. Then, we went on to win the National Championship. I know we try not to get too caught up in the pre season rankings. You try to stay neutral and realize that anything can happen once the season starts whether you're ranked in the top 10, or not ranked at all.

Reaction Score
It’s interesting to see 3 private religiously-affiliated universities at the top of the poll.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
It’s interesting to see 3 private religiously-affiliated universities at the top of the poll.

I was thinking the same thing. Very unique top 3.

Reaction Score
I think the polls and seed are going to be somewhat worthless this season. It will be a season of survival and who can get in the most games.

Take one of the local high school soccer team near me in Jersey. They're considered one of the best in the State and ranked; but, are seeded 7th because they only got in 4 games before the playoffs began due to a Covid-19 outbreak that shut them down for 2 weeks. They beat one team twice by a combined score of 10-0 and that team is the #2 seed because they got in 9 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom