AP poll 1/14 | The Boneyard

AP poll 1/14

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
AP Women's Basketball Poll Week 11

Major carnage in the bottom half of the poll, resulting in lots of movement:
  • Louisville falls to #4. UConn and Baylor tied #2!
  • Tennessee drops to #20 in a tie with Rutgers, who re-enters the poll.
  • South Carolina jumps from #21 to #15.
  • Michigan State jumps from #23 to #17.
  • Iowa drops from #17 to #22.
  • Minnesota drops from #18 to #23.
  • DePaul re-enters at #24.
  • Former #22 Florida State and #24 Cal drop out this week.
Surprising that #25 Indiana remains in the poll despite a loss to Ohio State.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thanks Plebe! You're pretty efficient getting this stuff to us.
Now for my snark:
1. Minnesota has NO BUSINESS being in the top 40 never mind the top 25. They have played an abysmally easy schedule. These voters are LAZY.
#2. We all love the underdog darling, however, Marquette with 3 losses, has no business being ranked as high as they are given their weak schedule. ASU has played a much harder schedule and given team a harder time that Marquette.
#3. NO FREAKIN WAY should Maryland be #9 never mind ahead of OSU.
#4. While a nice story, NC State is a bit of fraud at #8. Wes has done a great job given the injuries but they too, HAVE NOT PLAYED a tough schedule. I suspect they will end up with 3 or 4 ACC losses when all is said and done.
#5. Louisville falling to #4 is odd as well. UConn, Baylor and Louisville all lost on the road to tough opponents but the voters should do some "eye test" assessment. Louisville belongs behind Oregon and Stanford.
#6. SC is rounding into shape but they have some tough games coming up to prove this is not a mirage. Their record against ranked teams this year is not so great.

Ok, I am done. Let me know what I screwed up.
:cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Clemson getting more votes than Duke

what a time.png

Reaction Score
"#5. Louisville falling to #4 is odd as well. UConn, Baylor and Louisville all lost on the road to tough opponents but the voters should do some "eye test" assessment. Louisville belongs behind Oregon and Stanford. "

and let's not forget... #1 Lost at HOME... by 18 pts... which is more than Baylor lost by at Stanford, than UCONN lost by at Baylor and that Louisville lost by at ND. Just an interesting note to share.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nice. Don't think the folks at Baylor like your demotion though. :rolleyes:
Whoa! That's what I get for not taking my time. Thanks for the correction. Revision made.

Reaction Score
"#5. Louisville falling to #4 is odd as well. UConn, Baylor and Louisville all lost on the road to tough opponents but the voters should do some "eye test" assessment. Louisville belongs behind Oregon and Stanford. "

and let's not forget... #1 Lost at HOME... by 18 pts... which is more than Baylor lost by at Stanford, than UCONN lost by at Baylor and that Louisville lost by at ND. Just an interesting note to share.

ND being #1 is an absolute no brainer in my book. Baylor would be #2, and no idea who after that.

Reaction Score
Whoa! That's what I get for not taking my time. Thanks for the correction. Revision made.
Not to worry! You're not alone. They went live on Twitter though, and I don't think they have a valid excuse. :eek::D:rolleyes:

1547493331810.png

Reaction Score
ND being #1 is an absolute no brainer in my book. Baylor would be #2, and no idea who after that.
I am NOT arguing any ranking. Just adding to the comment that UCONN, Baylor and Loiisville all lost on the road...

Reaction Score
Thanks Plebe! Hard for me to write this....but I watched the Oregon Ducks games this weekend, and they looked "tough", meaning, they owned UCLA on the boards yesterday, smothering defense, and, played very well as a unit. I don't see any weaknesses in this team, and, seeing massive maturity from Satou S., who is already showing dominance as a sophomore. This is a team now that doesn't have to depend on Sabrina like they did last year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Charlie also has Clemson in the field as a #10 seed in his latest bracketology.

I saw that he had 8 ACC teams in the field.... I was scratching my head to figure out #8...

Reaction Score
Throw out the record books when the Tigers and Blue Devils meet :mad:

Think about it this way: the sooner the BDs crash, the sooner you get a new coach. I can be conflicted watching TN play for similar reasons as of late.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SHOWDOWN FEB 28 IN DURHAM !!

I assume Kara & Rebecca will have the game?

Well Rebecca Greenwell should be doing the Color Commentary on Duke Radio. .:cool:

At the beginning of the season I had no intention of attending that game........ but I may reconsider.. it might be a barn burner.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ha I couldn't help but chuckle at this portion of the bracketology article:

"The Lady Vols are once again a difficult team to slot in the S-curve. Trying to properly assess Tennessee has become an annual headache. With the Lady Vols losing their third straight game for the first time since 1986, it's even harder this year."

Trio of SEC teams help shake up bracketology's S-curve

Reaction Score
Ha I couldn't help but chuckle at this portion of the bracketology article:

"The Lady Vols are once again a difficult team to slot in the S-curve. Trying to properly assess Tennessee has become an annual headache. With the Lady Vols losing their third straight game for the first time since 1986, it's even harder this year."

Trio of SEC teams help shake up bracketology's S-curve

Vols have been a high variance team for years.
Meanwhile this year's UConn team may be the highest variance in the Geno era.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Vols have been a high variance team for years.
Meanwhile this year's UConn team may be the highest variance in the Geno era.
From beating Notre Dame to just barely beating a team outside the RPI top 150. I'd say so.

Reaction Score
From beating Notre Dame to just barely beating a team outside the RPI top 150. I'd say so.

Which team are you talking about? USF? Houston? Okla? :( :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom