AP Poll, 02/13/22 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Poll, 02/13/22

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I am so TIRED of seeing the word TIRED when people talk about this team.

--Make them go to bed early; cut back on the number of hours they practice weekly; make the managers carry their gym bags; have meals served in their dormitory rooms; take away their cell phones......and anything else any one can think of!

Reaction Score
All I want to know is, who keeps voting for Tennessee (18-9)?
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv
The same people who keep voting for NC who just keep losing . NC State finally dropped out.

I think LSU is better than both Uconn and Iowa.
You have to think of the difference makers on both teams. LSU really only has 2 - Reese and Morris. If you can play defense and minimize just one of those LSU doesn't have enough scoring to beat out the rest of UConn. Iowa vs LSU might be a better game. Morris and Clark could both get lots of points. Then it becomes who controls the boards - LSU or Iowa - and they both have players who are great at that, although their post players are completely different.

Reaction Score
I am worried about this week. the team continues to look tired and a little slower. Muhl may have a worse ankle sprain than I realized. Edwards seems to be letting people go by her that she was stopping earlier in the year. Could be she is tired or she has been told if you may foul let the person go. I think she had Maddy at least part of time in the first game. Maddy could really light us up this time around. We need another player back sooooooo bad.
We will. Just a gut feeling.

Reaction Score

--Make them go to bed early; cut back on the number of hours they practice weekly; make the managers carry their gym bags; have meals served in their dormitory rooms; take away their cell phones......and anything else any one can think of!
They don’t mean physically tired. They mean mentally tired. It’s the mental and emotional pressure of having to be perfect everytike out there that is exhausting them. That and the travel. They haven’t had back to back home games since early January so the non-stop travel really interferes with mental recovery. This week of being home will likely be the longest they have gone at home in a month.

Reaction Score
While good, I would rate LSU and Utah as "pretenders" relative to being Top 4 teams. Both should have 1-2 loses before the end of the season, and if not, are likely to lose in their league championship. Even if they win out, not a major issue for UConn since it appears that whether seeded 1st or 2nd, the challenge will be about the same.
After watching the LSU-SC, I feel semi-bad for LSU. They are a solid entertaining team to watch, but I feel like the media is setting them up for a harsh reality check once March Madness comes around. I wasn't impressed by their play against SC (SC seemed to be playing around in the 2nd half), but it seemed the loss was brushed off as "SC is just too good." What happens when LSU faces Iowa, Indiana, ND or any of the other "battle tested" ranked teams who may be feeling a type of way about the rankings and hungry for an "upset?"

Reaction Score

Except the tired is mental, not physical, two entirely different things. It is very, very tough to keep the focus necessary to maintain a high level of play game after game for virtually the entire game. These are human beings, no matter how much they are talked about like they are or should be robots. Throw in that opponents are certainly smelling blood in the water which means they are coming into games with a much different mind set than in years past.
Not everyone by any means, but the true light of a spoiled, self-entitled portion of UConn’s fan base has certainly reared its head now that the team has hit the inevitable wall.
Editorial comment, especially endearing to me are the posters who post they are willing to make the sacrifice and keep following and rooting even though they have essentially written off the season. Very big of them.

Reaction Score
Based on last two games, the two upcoming against Creighton and Villanova is going to be a real dig deep gauntlet for this team.

Lose both, they lose the Big East title possibly. Never thought I would say that at this stage of the season.....

Reaction Score
M. Vopel voted for Tennessee at #25 this week. (Also voted for UConn at #5.)
I am cool with M. Vopel voting for us to be #5 but holy smokes that vote for Tennessee is a head scratcher, especially considering their 8th or 9th loss at the time of voting. Heck I would have stopped voting for them after the 6th loss.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Based on last two games, the two upcoming against Creighton and Villanova is going to be a real dig deep gauntlet for this team.

Lose both, they lose the Big East title possibly. Never thought I would say that at this stage of the season.....
There are two Big East titles - regular season title and tournament title.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom