AP Poll, 02/13/22 | The Boneyard

AP Poll, 02/13/22

Reaction Score
All I want to know is, who keeps voting for Tennessee (18-9)?
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Reaction Score
Utah is sixth in Massey. The order is different, but the AP poll and Massey do have the same top six teams; that almost never happens.

Reaction Score
While good, I would rate LSU and Utah as "pretenders" relative to being Top 4 teams. Both should have 1-2 loses before the end of the season, and if not, are likely to lose in their league championship. Even if they win out, not a major issue for UConn since it appears that whether seeded 1st or 2nd, the challenge will be about the same.

Reaction Score
I am worried about this week. the team continues to look tired and a little slower. Muhl may have a worse ankle sprain than I realized. Edwards seems to be letting people go by her that she was stopping earlier in the year. Could be she is tired or she has been told if you may foul let the person go. I think she had Maddy at least part of time in the first game. Maddy could really light us up this time around. We need another player back sooooooo bad.

vaeman

CT transplant to DMV
Reaction Score
I think LSU is better than both Uconn and Iowa.
Please. LSU just got destroyed by SC and the two games prior barely beat two unranked teams.. Georgia and Texas A&M.. by 6 points or less. LSU's win/loss record clearly benefits from a very, very weak schedule. I predict a few more losses by LSU before end of the regular season.

Reaction Score
Clearly they are all exhausted. Not being a one seed in the tournament is a real possibility. That being said why not embrace that it’s better to wait for Azzi and Caroline to be closer to 100% than to force them in now for no real advantage? Losing now is less of a big deal if the consequences are diminished.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I am worried about this week. the team continues to look tired and a little slower. Muhl may have a worse ankle sprain than I realized. Edwards seems to be letting people go by her that she was stopping earlier in the year. Could be she is tired or she has been told if you may foul let the person go. I think she had Maddy at least part of time in the first game. Maddy could really light us up this time around. We need another player back sooooooo bad.
UConn could very well lose both games this week. However, if they should make it to the FF, who will remember this week's losses?

Reaction Score
LSU's 3 best wins were against now unranked Arkansas, once by three, and Tennessee. They also beat Georgia by 5, and TX AM by 6, two unimpressive wins, albeit wins. Last I knew, their non-conference SOS was 308, and their overall SOS was almost 100. They have been rewarded for playing nothing but cupcakes. This is a bad precedent for women’s basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think LSU is better than both Uconn and Iowa.
Iowa would destroy LSU. They don't match up against Iowa at all and Iowa has the ability to score a lot of points. LSU is a good team but they are still missing a lot of the pieces needed to be a top 10 team. They have been very lucky to have a soft schedule this year, so good players, and a great coach.

Reaction Score
UConn could very well lose both games this week. However, if they should make it to the FF, who will remember this week's losses?
They are getting back to a more manageable schedule and the teams they are playing are not in the same breath as SC. Geno is going to play the subs a little more to ensure his starters are fresh and they will take care of business.

Reaction Score
Edwards ankle was clearly bothering her the whole Georgetown game. That was all the shoetying, it was actually adjusting the ankle brace and then retying shoes.

JBK

Reaction Score
Agree. Aubrey will do well on Maddy

Reaction Score
Please. LSU just got destroyed by SC and the two games prior barely beat two unranked teams.. Georgia and Texas A&M.. by 6 points or less. LSU's win/loss record clearly benefits from a very, very weak schedule. I predict a few more losses by LSU before end of the regular season.
I agree with him/her. Right now I would take LSU

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Clearly they are all exhausted. Not being a one seed in the tournament is a real possibility. That being said why not embrace that it’s better to wait for Azzi and Caroline to be closer to 100% than to force them in now for no real advantage? Losing now is less of a big deal if the consequences are diminished.

I think we can be confident that no one at UCONN is going to "force them in" before they are ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom