AP is out - with a lot of changes | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP is out - with a lot of changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any simil
I would put S Carolina #2 b/c they have played a tougher OOC. Baylor schedule is ranked 127 as of now and SC is #8[/QUOTEAny similar comments about Miss State? Several years ago, S. Carolina seemed hidden under the big names, then beat UConn. Wondering how some project either S. Carolina or Miss State finishing season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Take your meds. You're spouting delusional rantings as many do on here to try to pretend the AAC is not an absolute cake walk conference. Please stop the nonsense...The AAC put a whopping 2 teams in the NCAA Tourney. UConn is not where they need to be or want to be , it's where they are stuck and will be for sometime.
Yeah, but the Uconn winning streak against ACC teams is really incredible - I think it goes back at least 8 years! There was one year when Uconn had played I think the top four teams in the ACC and beaten them all - i joked that Uconn should have been awarded both the BE regular season trophy and the ACC trophy that year! Of course their winning streak against the Big 10 is equally impressive. And the SEC. The winning streak against the Big12 is 3+ years long.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
What does "good conference" mean anyway? You play X number of games the coaches with balls (pardon my use of words) play the toughest OOC, the wimps play cupcakes, end of story.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Lets see if you change your tune by next Sunday around 5pm :cool:

Big game tonight..... then two road games at GaTech and FSU. The only time this season we faced a decent opponent on the road.... we lost.
Indeed!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The AP poll is alot better than the coach's poll... especially considering last night's results.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You forgot to mention the win over #12.

What Triad said. Teams in WCBB get rewarded in the rankings based on their records regardless of who they have played. Just look at Baylor last season.

It will interesting to see where WVU is ranked after their games against Baylor and OU this week and then UT twice and Baylor again by the end of January.

You'll notice that the coaches are quite as impressed with KSU.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What Triad said. Teams in WCBB get rewarded in the rankings based on their records regardless of who they have played. Just look at Baylor last season.

It will interesting to see where WVU is ranked after their games against Baylor and OU this week and then UT twice and Baylor again by the end of January.

You'll notice that the coaches are quite as impressed with KSU.

So I suppose that last year Texas should've been dropped from the rankings because they got blown out by Baylor. That seems to be triad's insinuation, that KSU should be barred from the rankings because they lost by an ample margin to a very ordinary Baylor team in Waco.

The polls are what they are. Make of them what you will.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So I suppose that last year Texas should've been dropped from the rankings because they got blown out by Baylor. That seems to be triad's insinuation, that KSU should be barred from the rankings because they lost by an ample margin to a very ordinary Baylor team in Waco.

The polls are what they are. Make of them what you will.

Actually, I think Triad's point was that beating WVU is not a big deal, as you assert, since they are overrated.

But I could be interpreting that incorrectly.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Actually, I think Triad's point was that beating WVU is not a big deal, as you assert, since they are overrated.

But I could be interpreting that incorrectly.

Triad complained that they were slipped into the top 25 after losing by 30 to Baylor. The poll is what it is. If you beat a higher-ranked team, you tend to get rewarded by moving up. That's pretty consistent. WVU was also moved down for losing to a lower-ranked team. If Triad thinks that losing by 30 to Baylor means that a team shouldn't be rewarded for beating a higher-ranked team, well ...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Triad complained that they were slipped into the top 25 after losing by 30 to Baylor. The poll is what it is. If you beat a higher-ranked team, you tend to get rewarded by moving up. That's pretty consistent. WVU was also moved down for losing to a lower-ranked team. If Triad thinks that losing by 30 to Baylor means that a team shouldn't be rewarded for beating a higher-ranked team, well ...

Really? When did Triad state that complaint? I made the comment about the 30 point loss but I didn't see any comments by Triad "complaining."

Plebe

Reaction Score
Really? When did Triad state that complaint? I made the comment about the 30 point loss but I didn't see any comments by Triad "complaining."

Got my posters a bit mixed up there. My bad.

But I did interpret the "overranked #12" comment to imply that KSU didn't deserve to move up in the rankings because of the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom