Anyone watching Villanova/Providence? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anyone watching Villanova/Providence?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why were you crying after the Villanova loss?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
76 -74 final.

Nova ends up 15 - 4 and Providence ends up 14 - 3. Villanova beat Providence twice, has one more win and one less loss and yet Providence wins the conference? That just feels wrong.

Regardless Providence looked pretty good against a tough Villanova team. For what it’s worth I think our defense is dramatically better than either Providence or Villanova.
Didn't watch, but I thought PC +9.5 was the easiest money bet I've seen in all the point spreads posted here.

Reaction Score
how is it not??? youve been saying theyre the luckiest team in the league blah blah blah and now they lose at nova by 2 pts without one of their three best players you still wont concede theyre legit. thats the definition of hating. as you love to say "lmaooooooooooooooooo"
There's way too much indiscriminate use of the word "hate".
Hate (verb)
feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone).
synonyms:
loathe · detest · dislike greatly · abhor · abominate · despise ·
[more]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
76 -74 final.

Nova ends up 15 - 4 and Providence ends up 14 - 3. Villanova beat Providence twice, has one more win and one less loss and yet Providence wins the conference? That just feels wrong.

Regardless Providence looked pretty good against a tough Villanova team. For what it’s worth I think our defense is dramatically better than either Providence or Villanova.
Villanova has one more win but also one more LOSS.
An .824 w/l percentage beats a .789 percentage.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol. My wife’s thing is when we’re at the game and I cheer for a play or something, she will say “that’s a little loud.“ My answer is inevitably “Well it’s a big arena, you might want to find another seat because it won’t get any quieter.”

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
At one point in the second half Providence was 7-7 on threes, and they were just hanging in the game. You had to think that kind of thing was not sustainable. Good microcosm for their season, really.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Nova has some pretty glaring team flaws; depth, overall team size and athleticism. Their team is pretty much made up of 6 guys between 6’2-6’6 average athletes. If they run into like a big 10 or SEC team in the tourney with multiple 6’9+ athletes they could be in trouble. Their matchups will be interesting.

Reaction Score
At one point in the second half Providence was 7-7 on threes, and they were just hanging in the game. You had to think that kind of thing was not sustainable. Good microcosm for their season, really.
They did more than just hang in during that period, they erased a 14 point half time defecit. But yeah, when you shoot 15-32 from 3 on a day when Villanova shoots 33% from 3 and you still can't beat them, you're probably not going to beat them very often.

Reaction Score
Villanova has one more win but also one more LOSS.
An .824 w/l percentage beats a .789 percentage.
Villanova plays Butler at home this weekend, so good chance they'll end up 16-4, and actually be half a game ahead of Providence in the win-loss column, but lose out on the regular season title because of winning percentage math. In fact, if UConn wins out against Creighton and DePaul, they'll finish 14-5, with the same number of wins as the Friars.

Providence has three Big East games that aren't being made up - at Creighton, UConn at home, at Seton Hall. Obviously, those are really big games for them to have avoided due to the happenstance of COVID. I'm not taking anything away from Providence on the court, as I think they're a legit good team that will do well in the NCAAs, but those are all conference games against NCAA tournament-level opponents that they could have lost, but didn't have to play. Honestly, I'm a little iffy on the legitimacy of this regular-season title for them, especially with them having lost both Villanova games.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch, but I thought PC +9.5 was the easiest money bet I've seen in all the point spreads posted here.
I got PC +10 before the game.

Got spooked around halftime and quickly hedged on Nova -8 or so after PC made their run early in the second half.

Would have been better off not watching the game at all.

Edit: Creighton +10.5 against us at home was the easiest money I've ever seen this year. Gave us way too much credit when we routinely played down to good-but-not-great opponents and didn't have much of a home court advantage.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I got PC +10 before the game.

Got spooked around halftime and quickly hedged on Nova -8 or so after PC made their run early in the second half.

Would have been better off not watching the game at all.

Edit: Creighton +10.5 against us at home was the easiest money I've ever seen this year. Gave us way too much credit when we routinely played down to good-but-not-great opponents and didn't have much of a home court advantage.
I thought St. John's +11 vs. us was free money. I bet it and won but had to sweat it out.

And you're so right about being better off not even watching sometimes. I've bought out of bets (bet the other way) in-game before and I would have been better off just letting my initial wager ride.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Going to be fun next week, great tournament

We could beat Nova and PC, or we could lose to St John's. Hopefully we bring it

There are going to be several desperate teams there.

St John's, Creighton, Marquette, Hall are all going to be very hungry

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Going to be fun next week, great tournament

We could beat Nova and PC, or we could lose to St John's. Hopefully we bring it

There are going to be several desperate teams there.

St John's, Creighton, Marquette, Hall are all going to be very hungry
I really really really want the 3 seed to stay out of 4-5 game Thursday . But none of it will be easy no matter what.

Reaction Score
I really really really want the 3 seed to stay out of 4-5 game Thursday . But none of it will be easy no matter what.
Getting the 3 seed at least gives us a snowball's chance of facing Georgetown on Thursday.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I want the three seed so I can work most of the day on Thursday. Doesn't look good, I might be a big Hall fan come Saturday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom