Anyone still want Mike Leach? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone still want Mike Leach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going to get interesting...

“@BrandonHuffman: WSU athletic director Bill Moos released a statement in response to Marquess Wilson (see picture)... http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7ZFe3vCYAA-nbA.jpg:large

WSU President trumps AD

http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/2019659656_wsuinquiry12m.html

"Washington State University President Elson Floyd issued a statement late Sunday morning in which he said he has requested both the WSU athletic department and the Pac-12 Conference to look into wide receiver Marquess Wilson's allegations Saturday that the football regime of coach Mike Leach practices "physical, emotional and verbal abuse.""

""After consultation with WSU athletic director Bill Moos, I have asked our athletic department to fully review recent allegations raised concerning the football program and report their findings and conclusions as soon as possible," Floyd's statement said. "Simultaneously, I have asked the Pac-12 to independently do the same. Together, both reports should get to the bottom of the matter.""

Reaction Score
We are less than 10 plays away from having 8 wins as it is. Is Leach 10 plays better? Assuredly.

Is Leach a better coach? Yep, no question. Is he one of the best offensive minds in the game? Yep. But Leach's offense requires a ton of reads, and adjustments, both by the qb and wr's. I think Whitmer will be a solid qb here, but there is no doubt he is a turnover machine. Would a more difficult scheme result in more TO's? That is why it doesn't make sense to play the "what if" game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if leach had came to uconn, he would have gone with nebrich and recruited more qbs juco wise and gotten more attention from then. who knows who our b would have been this year. i stand by 8 wins easy with leach in year 2. we would be talking about davis and smallwood only staying 1 more year and why leach keeps putting a eye patch on the husky dog statue on campus.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
ANd he will get WSU turned around.

Regardless of anyone's feelings of Mike Leach (you all already know where I stand on the issue), NOBODY is turning around Wazzu. Nobody...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
if leach had came to uconn, he would have gone with nebrich and recruited more qbs juco wise and gotten more attention from then. who knows who our b would have been this year. i stand by 8 wins easy with leach in year 2. we would be talking about davis and smallwood only staying 1 more year and why leach keeps putting a eye patch on the husky dog statue on campus.

Dude, Nebrich was terrible. I think you are looking at things through Blue and White glasses. Would Leach have this team 2 wins better? Probably, but not 4 IMO.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Whitmer is much better than Nebrich. Not sure what JUCO QB anyone would have recruited that would be better than Whitmer. He is the brightest spot on a blighted season.

Smallwood would leave early based on Smallwood's play - not how the offense plays.

Leach is a scumbag - it's pretty clear at this point. Also note he took over a bad team and they are still a bad team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dude, Nebrich was terrible. I think you are looking at things through Blue and White glasses. Would Leach have this team 2 wins better? Probably, but not 4 IMO.

i didn't say nebrich was good or bad. i think a guy like leach would give nebrich a shot for a year instead of the jmac year we had. thats my opinion. i clearly stand that he would have got some juco qb for this year. whether that was whitmer or not we will never know. 4 of the 6 games we have lost this year are a complete joke. hank and foley could have us at worst 2-2 in those 4 instead of 0-4. i think leach gets 3 or 4 of those without a doubt. and if so then lets talk about how grossly overrated rutgers is and we could have had ourselves a interesting 2nf half there and how flat we came out at cuse who we beat the out of every year from fball to bball to god dam field hockey. im not trying to get at u, just a pissed off fan lol...

Reaction Score
Regardless of anyone's feelings of Mike Leach (you all already know where I stand on the issue), NOBODY is turning around Wazzu. Nobody...

Why do you say this? Mike Price won big enough there to get hired by Alabama. The right coach will win big at any program. Dennis Erickson had Idaho winning seven games. College football is all about the head coach.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

i didn't say nebrich was good or bad. i think a guy like leach would give nebrich a shot for a year instead of the jmac year we had. thats my opinion. i clearly stand that he would have got some juco qb for this year. whether that was whitmer or not we will never know. 4 of the 6 games we have lost this year are a complete joke. hank and foley could have us at worst 2-2 in those 4 instead of 0-4. i think leach gets 3 or 4 of those without a doubt. and if so then lets talk about how grossly overrated rutgers is and we could have had ourselves a interesting 2nf half there and how flat we came out at cuse who we beat the out of every year from fball to bball to god dam field hockey.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'd love to know why Boise can win and Washington State can't.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Whitmer is much better than Nebrich. Not sure what JUCO QB anyone would have recruited that would be better than Whitmer. He is the brightest spot on a blighted season.

Smallwood would leave early based on Smallwood's play - not how the offense plays.

Leach is a scumbag - it's pretty clear at this point. Also note he took over a bad team and they are still a bad team.

tell me right now. go back 2 years and pick coach p or leach. no other bs search blah blah as this debate is only on leach. which guy would do better for us here? u want to tell me leach has issues. fine. i'll take issues and winnin g with a team thats good enough to right away. if hes a bad apple, then he gets fired for w/e he did. then we can go look under warde/susan for a new coach again. right now were playing raindeer games with wardes non action or wron actions so far with coaches.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

silly post. bosie has different recruiting landscapes first off. if you dont understand that difference then i dont know what to say to u. second bsu didnt have a huge crash program wise that a coach needs to recover. 3rd bsu is #1 in its state, is wash st? and so on... lets talk schedule/league and so on...

Reaction Score
College Basketball is ALL about the head coach. College football is also about the OC and DC.
The right head coach never hires a buffoon to run his offense or defense. If he does, he corrects the mistake after one year. Props to Edsall for recognizing Gary Crowton wasn't going to work out and send him packing after one year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The right head coach never hires a buffoon to run his offense or defense. If he does, he corrects the mistake after one year. Props to Under Armor for recognizing Gary Crowton wasn't going to work out and send him packing after one year.

fixed

pj

Reaction Score

If a player complains, Washington State mounts not one but two investigations and gets the league offices reviewing their coach. In Boise, they stand by their coach.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Why do you say this? Mike Price won big enough there to get hired by Alabama. The right coach will win big at any program. Dennis Erickson had Idaho winning seven games. College football is all about the head coach.

Don't get me wrong; they used to be pretty good. Mike Price had tallied up a couple of good years, and after 13 seasons left that place with an 83-78 record, which is pretty good in the Pac. But let me ask you this; how far away from getting back a Bledsoe, a Leaf, or even a Mark Rypien (I know he was before Price) is Wazzu?? I shouldn't have used the word "never" (and perhaps I shouldn't have used it twice), but with a much stronger PAC now than it has ever been, I'm not sure that Wazzu will be able to bring in enough talent to be the best team in their state, much less their conference...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
silly post. bosie has different recruiting landscapes first off. if you dont understand that difference then i dont know what to say to u. second bsu didnt have a huge crash program wise that a coach needs to recover. 3rd bsu is #1 in its state, is wash st? and so on... lets talk schedule/league and so on...

You do have access to maps correct? You can find Boise and Washington State on those maps right?

Number one in their state? Yeah Boise has been good because they dominate the recruiting of the state of Idaho.

I know you can't see past 20 minutes ago but there were days that Washington State was better than Washington. Like it was pointed out Mike Price got to Alabama off his WSU work.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You do have access to maps correct? You can find Boise and Washington State on those maps right?

Number one in their state? Yeah Boise has been good because they dominate the recruiting of the state of Idaho.

I know you can't see past 20 minutes ago but there were days that Washington State was better than Washington. Like it was pointed out Mike Price got to Alabama off his WSU work.

Once again your off on your clownhorse. Funny i cant read a map. Good joke. It really was. By giving such a stupid refponse it tells me u dont understand the recruiting landscape out there. It has nothing to do with recruiting kids in idaho. Silly way for u to try to reverse the chat. The 1st in state is refrence to support and money. Clown on i mean fight on as this is your calling.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
tell me right now. go back 2 years and pick coach p or leach. no other bs search blah blah as this debate is only on leach. which guy would do better for us here? u want to tell me leach has issues. fine. i'll take issues and winnin g with a team thats good enough to right away. if hes a bad apple, then he gets fired for w/e he did. then we can go look under warde/susan for a new coach again. right now were playing raindeer games with wardes non action or wron actions so far with coaches.

Neither does you any good. Leach because he embarrasses your University and you have to fire him and spend millions on legal fees. P because he sucks.

It isn't 'issues'. The guy can't be employed by a legitimate public university. He can't get through one frigging season without a scandal and there are people still so clueless as to clamor for him.

I know you are 10 steps ahead of me and all - but I'll let you in on a secret. Leach can't be hired by anyone ever again. In a few weeks when he is fired in a shower of lawsuits just forget about him - he's done.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Once again your off on your clownhorse. Funny i cant read a map. Good joke. It really was. By giving such a stupid refponse it tells me u dont understand the recruiting landscape out there. It has nothing to do with recruiting kids in idaho. Silly way for u to try to reverse the chat. The 1st in state is refrence to support and money. Clown on i mean fight on as this is your calling.

You truly are clueless. Yeah, Washington State doesn't have a good
football team because they don't have the resources of Boise State. Look at their revenues for 13 seconds and make that argument.

I can only hope that intense therapy can solve your problems because the things you post are insane.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Neither does you any good. Leach because he embarrasses your University and you have to fire him and spend millions on legal fees. P because he sucks.

It isn't 'issues'. The guy can't be employed by a legitimate public university. He can't get through one frigging season without a scandal and there are people still so clueless as to clamor for him.

I know you are 10 steps ahead of me and all - but I'll let you in on a secret. Leach can't be hired by anyone ever again. In a few weeks when he is fired in a shower of lawsuits just forget about him - he's done.
You truly are clueless. Yeah, Washington State doesn't have a good
football team because they don't have the resources of Boise State. Look at their revenues for 13 seconds and make that argument.

I can only hope that intense therapy can solve your problems because the things you post are insane.

before we go any further, which one is it? is wst not a legitimate university becuase they hired leach? or are they freaking gold in washington and uw is a sorry 2nd to them?

you never see your own circles

io never said wsu is a horribl school or fball team, they are in a down trend lately no doubt but they are not washington history wise either. now were talking about revenues? ok i'll go take a look at those after you adress the first isues.

dont bother, im done with this argument. just another one going nowhere between us. the rest of the board can read and make its own decisions.

go fight me or some 1 else in another thread.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
before we go any further, which one is it? is wst not a legitimate university becuase they hired leach? or are they freaking gold in washington and uw is a sorry 2nd to them?

you never see your own circles

io never said wsu is a horribl school or fball team, they are in a down trend lately no doubt but they are not washington history wise either. now were talking about revenues? ok i'll go take a look at those after you adress the first isues.

dont bother, im done with this argument. just another one going nowhere between us. the rest of the board can read and make its own decisions.

go fight me or some 1 else in another thread.

WSU gave Leach a second chance. He can't be hired in the future by anyone else.

Washington probably has more resources than Washington State. Washington State's football program still has more resources than Boise State, Idaho and Idaho State put together.

And I'm fine not fighting with you - trust me I know it's pointless. If you think in 10,000 years the University of Connecticut is going to hire someone with the baggage of a Leach then you are beyond lost.

I almost feel a bit sorry for you. You think you've got the world figured out and are miles ahead of everyone, but are so wrong it's painful.

Reaction Score
By all accounts there is a full on mutiny happening on the Paloose. Take with a g rain of salt, but their AA WR has quit and is making statements aboutthecoaching staff being outright abusive. Interested to see how this plays out.

The answer to your question is a resounding yes!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom