Anyone REALLY think this team has a chance of beating East Carolina? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone REALLY think this team has a chance of beating East Carolina?

Reaction Score
ECU's defense might be worst than UConn's defense. Even Jack Zergiotis/MB should be able to light them up. Then everyone will be impressed and we'll have a QB controversy going into the off season. LOL.

MB struggled against 1-9 Wagner.

Reaction Score
ECU's defense might be worst than UConn's defense. Even Jack Zergiotis/MB should be able to light them up. Then everyone will be impressed and we'll have a QB controversy going into the off season. LOL.

that is very hard to believe.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just play Steve and see what happens. Open it up some with passing as the young receivers are good from what we've see and it will help the running game.

on defense they need to try to make them run the ball otherwise it has to be a shoot out with UConn needing to score a lot of points

Reaction Score
I think college football has changed and you have to be able to score to win games. Look at LSU. LSU revamped their offense to go with a traditionally good defense and they now look like they could be the best team in the country.

UConn’s biggest problem is offense, particularly QB play. We don’t score easily, so we struggle to win. I hope Randy looks hard at what needs to done on offense in the offseason.

ECU is scoring points, and we are not. Unless we radically change the offensive game plan, we will not score enough points to win.

Was there a time where you could win games without scoring?

Reaction Score
Well sure. How does the line go? "So your tellin' me there's a chance."

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Against common opponents (Navy, USF, UCF, Cincy), the numbers are:

ECU gives up 44 PPG, 516 YPG
UConn gives up 52 PPG, 548 YPG

Both teams are 0-4 against those 4 opponents, with ECU losing by 18 on average and UConn losing by 38 on average. The point differential matters because ECU had to play defense longer. UConn gave up more points and more yards per game even though UConn's opponent was more frequently taking their foot off the gas.

So, long story short -- ECU's defense does suck, but it's not worse than ours.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A chance? Of course. We wont be expected or favored to win, but a mistake here is there or a good play can turn the outcome between two bad teams. We are not playing LSU.

Reaction Score
A chance? Of course. We wont be expected or favored to win, but a mistake here is there or a good play can turn the outcome between two bad teams. We are not playing LSU.
ECU is a bad team, UConn is a terrible team. ECU lost to Cincinnati a couple weeks ago 46 to 43 and yesterday UConn lost 48 to 3 (and the game didn't seem that close, Cincinnati ran the clock out in the 2nd half after taking a 38-0 lead into halftime). UConn on average (this includes Mass. game and FCS game) is out scored by more than 3 touchdowns a game.
Massey has it 37-28 for ECU, thought they were crazy with their UCF vs. Houston prediction but they were pretty spot on so maybe can keep it close. A 37-28 loss to ECU would seem like a big step up from what I am expecting (assuming Steven Krajewski does not play).

Reaction Score
If the offense can actually move the ball get a couple first downs and let the D rest. I’ve noticed the first few drives aren’t that bad the D holds it to low scoring. Then the o gives the ball back within two min giving the guys on D no rest then it turns to a blow out. Simple get a little time of possession move the chains and maybe some points then the D will be able to do something

Reaction Score
Hoping we can beat ECU, but highly unlikely.

I pray these kids have strong offseasons and come closer together so they can execute better.

Reaction Score
Just FYI - ECU also has a bye this week.

Not sure at this point a couple extra days of practicing is going to help. These are college kids getting beaten into submission every week by superior competition. Maybe the extra break couldn't hurt.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'm 100% confident we win this game. The Ds are both terrible, the Os are both capable. They may have slightly better numbers, but we have intangibles: home field, cold weather, and a better mascot and uniform color scheme. We win this one.

Reaction Score
Be interesting to see what the line opens up at. Do we get something like -17.5 or -21.5 or -24.5 ? Either way, I’m fading Nostical.

Reaction Score
All it takes is 32 degrees with a little snowfall and this high flying offense no longer looks so hot. Not impossible. I’ll take UConn -15+

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
For some perspective ... I’ve been a Chicago Cubs fan for 53 years. At no time did that ever get as depressing as being a UConn fan today.

When this turns around (and I believe it will) those fans that stuck with the program should be proud of hanging in there during one of most difficult fan experiences we’ve ever seen.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
ECU has to go on the road again, to UConn which is not a strong team and will probably come out flatter than a pancake. We will jump them early and then they will make a come back but our ability to eat clock with our running game and Krajewski making smart plays allows us to hang on for the win.

Reaction Score
Just FYI - ECU also has a bye this week.

Not sure at this point a couple extra days of practicing is going to help. These are college kids getting beaten into submission every week by superior competition. Maybe the extra break couldn't hurt.

You should check out what ECU did their first bye week - practiced. Why?

From their head Coach:

“With the bye week, you hope your team approaches it appropriately,” Houston said. “I thought our kids came out and did a really good job practicing this past week. I thought we got better. With our roster being as young as it is, I thought it was really important to make sure we improved. We had some pretty specific things we wanted to look at, coaching staff-wise, so it gave us a great chance to do that, and it gave us an opportunity to look at some of our younger players who haven’t been playing, getting a little bit closer look at them this past week since you’re not getting ready for a game.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom