Anyone know why players do this? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone know why players do this?

Reaction Score

Husky Nan- - It was Olivia Miles on Notre Dame who had problems with jewelry NOT removed or covered about 2 years ago!
It was Hannah Hidalgo THIS year. She missed a good part of the game because they couldn’t get it out of her nose. It was during the tournament and they lost by just a few points.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It was Hannah Hidalgo THIS year. She missed a good part of the game because they couldn’t get it out of her nose. It was during the tournament and they lost by just a few points.
She missed maybe 5 minutes of game clock. Box score shows she played 34 minutes. Also, she was 4-17. If she played a few more minutes, she probably would've just missed more shots.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Which culture? Piercings are seen differently depending on the culture.

Second, it can be seen as a fashion choice. It won't be to everyone's taste but the person who decided to do it.

You're more than entitled to your perspective and don't have to change it. Understanding that everyone is entitled to their perspective is all that ul.t
i simply want to know the reason -- other than culture (all cultures, and that includes fashion, which is ruled by the culture) -- that people wear decorative jewelry. i'm simply curious if there are some non-cultural, i.e. practical, reasons. i am at a loss for an answer and thought BY thinkers might have one.

thanks for permission to air my opinion about decorative jewelry. it is off topic.

agree opinions are not right or wrong. everybody should feel free to offer theirs. (lurkers: take notice) ... and do whatever their culture (such as fashion) allows.

Reaction Score
i simply want to know the reason -- other than culture (all cultures, and that includes fashion, which is ruled by the culture) -- that people wear decorative jewelry. i'm simply curious if there are some non-cultural, i.e. practical, reasons. i am at a loss for an answer and thought BY thinkers might have one.

thanks for permission to air my opinion about decorative jewelry. it is off topic.

agree opinions are not right or wrong. everybody should feel free to offer theirs. (lurkers: take notice) ... and do whatever their culture (such as fashion) allows.
It's not a matter of giving permission. It was acknowledging while I disagree, I respect your opinion.

As for practical non-cultural reasons for jewelry piercings..not sure if there is one.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Well sure, there can be a lot of reasons beyond....it's pretty, looks cool, fashionable.

Some is used to fix clothes, or hair.
Some is used to signify marital status.
Some is used to attract other people, mates.
Some is used to signify group membership (crosses)
Some is/has been used to identify social status.
Some is used to protect from evil. (maybe some of the UCONN players should wear something to ward of injuries?)
Some is used as an investment.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Well sure, there can be a lot of reasons beyond....it's pretty, looks cool, fashionable.

Some is used to fix clothes, or hair.
Some is used to signify marital status.
Some is used to attract other people, mates.
Some is used to signify group membership (crosses)
Some is/has been used to identify social status.
Some is used to protect from evil. (maybe some of the UCONN players should wear something to ward of injuries?)
Some is used as an investment.
thanks for the response. nice,

you can fix clothes, hair etc. sans decorative jewelry. like, simple pins do the job. and you can invest in jewelry without wearing it. warding off evil is definitely a cultural thing but i admit some believe that is practical.

your other points i can understand because they have useful aspects such as identifiers (some of which are deceptive, but so what?) which we need in our culture. some think the jewelry is attractive, which is also cultural and dandy if you cotton to it.

some jewelry can be physically dangerous is some sports, off course. which is why the issue came up here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom