Anyone know who's announcing tonight? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone know who's announcing tonight?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This is semi-irrelevant to me for a reason a few of you probably know. I am superstitious about big games and do not watch them live, so when I watch I'll have the box score and the play by play (which I never look at) should I desire. I'd rather get the hi-lites from fans like you anyway.
No problem. Just be warned I've paid for someone to come and remove the aluminum foil from your windows tomorrow.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I can see what subs came in. Most of the time they wait kneeling before the scorers table. Even when they don't it's always clear to me as to who came in and who left. I can also plainly hear the PA when it comes to fouls and some subs. I keep a mental tally on fouls as well. As for missed calls, well, that to me is the most self evident. And don't blame the announcers when the producer misses camera.

As for steals and assist totals, if I have wait for the half to get those numbers it's all good for me. Generally I can tell who is doing well in those areas just by watching the game. I'm not a real analytics person and I don't need those numbers immediately. I'm more interested in the score, the demeanor of the players, are these teams playing hard, what kind of offense are the teams running, what kind of defense, which players on either team look like they came to play and who not, the flow and pace of the game, things like that. That pretty much tells me all I need to know. Maybe it's not enough for others , but it is for me. For me announcers can't detract from the things I'm looking for. They can really only add to it.
Ok, on the private chat I will give you my phone number and you can talk me through the second half...:rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
By the way, those that have recorded the game, listen to Adam Amin say Kia Nurse won the tap! Yeah, he’s good... not!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Topics discussed during the game:

Sports psychology
Warrior vs Trailblazers
Elevator doors
Ladders
Eugene Oregon
Love CD but too much about her rules
Lots of HOF chatter while game is going on

Who cares how many fouls Gabby has?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ok, on the private chat I will give you my phone number and you can talk me through the second half...:rolleyes:
So you want to hear my play by play? You'l be screaming for a triumvirate of Doris Burke, Lobo and Lawson after 10 secs.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This crew of Adam Amin, Rebecca Lobo, and Kara Lawson should never do another UConn game. They chatter and gab too much.

Unfortunately they are being unleashed on the West Coast next week for the UCLA @ Oregon game. I would much prefer the usual Pac 12 Network announcers.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I was in heaven as the TV /over the air radio was in perfect sync. I didn't have to play with it at all. Wonderful play by play and appropriate level of color.

Reaction Score
I didn't think it was quite as bad this time out. But Adam Amin really isn't good, even when he's not wandering off topic. He talks when he should be quiet, he's quiet when he should talk, and generally he just lacks a feel for the game and a cadence on the call. My dream-team for this year would have been O'Brien and Laswon in a two-person booth, and Lobo back in the studio with... wait for it... Landers. Yes, the same Andy Landers we were all pretty down on last year. Andy's been a lot better this season, and I now enjoy his work regardless of whom he's paired up with.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I didn't think it was quite as bad this time out. But Adam Amin really isn't good, even when he's not wandering off topic. He talks when he should be quiet, he's quiet when he should talk, and generally he just lacks a feel for the game and a cadence on the call. My dream-team for this year would have been O'Brien and Laswon in a two-person booth, and Lobo back in the studio with... wait for it... Landers. Yes, the same Andy Landers we were all pretty down on last year. Andy's been a lot better this season, and I now enjoy his work regardless of whom he's paired up with.
Yes, his announcing is blurting out "Katie Lou Samuelson!" or "Asia Durr!" when they make a shot. About 30% of the time, he calls out the wrong name. He got Gabby and Kia confused all night.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Actually, I thought they did a bit better than their last game. I'd give them a D instead of the D- they earned last game.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
+1 here. This is where the SNY announcers do such a wonderful job, specifically Culmo. Also, I mean don't you get more relevant information from a friendly face in Justine? She's with the team year round.....
Yes, I do and have for years, enjoyed Megan. Must also agree with you concerning Justine. Having retired and relocated to Maine, I do miss SNY. The feeds that ESPN3 get from SNY are acceptable but the timeouts and halftime analysis are all preempted by ESPN commercials and useless jargon. I actually turn to a different game during halftime. I constantly complain about the loss of seeing the games in person as well as the numbing cold here, in the winter. Many of my friends ask why I'm in Me. and I remind them that I enjoy married life. Can't have it all!!!!!!!! Life's a beach and then we drown. I do make it to all the FFs and look forward to that each year. I suspect our women will be there for the next foreseeable future seasons.

Reaction Score
I did like when Kara said everybody tries to play like the Warriors now but Uconn has been playing like that for years! It should be the Warriors are playing like Uconn!

Reaction Score
I agree that they stayed on point for most of the game. Andy Landers had a senior moment when callin Asia Durr Asia Wilson. Amin did state who made the foul just didn’t state how many.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom