Anyone have video of the phantom third foul on Gilbert? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone have video of the phantom third foul on Gilbert?

Reaction Score
The problem for me this past game was that they called the push off on us at least twice in the first half and then let Gillespie do it the entire second half with no call. I’m not buying that he is better at it than us. My eyes saw the same thing happen. The refs seem to not be able to help themselves sometimes to dramatically give the point in the other direction for the home team so the crowd goes wild. Don’t call it is fine but don’t call it for both teams.

Reaction Score
We went to the line once in a physical game, 3 FTs by Bouk ‘nuff said. On one end they use their hands on the hip whenever someone has a step on the offensively going to the hoop to slow them down (Gillespie and Samuel are the best at that) and the other the off arm to get separation on their defender (Gillespie and Bey use this). They are now treated like Duke they really are.

But seriously our guys played so good and held their ground inside the arc it wasn’t all that noticeable until a few by Gillespie. And no matter how much we discuss it our guys lost a game they could’ve won again, not the stripes. Bring home a win from someone else’s gym please so we can get over this barrier!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I find it funny how everyone is freaking out about this and how Gillespie would use his arm to create space. It's like they never watched Kemba and Bazz play here. .
They would at least get touched

Reaction Score
We went to the line once in a physical game, 3 FTs by Bouk ‘nuff said. On one end they use their hands on the hip whenever someone has a step on the offensively going to the hoop to slow them down (Gillespie and Samuel are the best at that) and the other the off arm to get separation on their defender (Gillespie and Bey use this). They are now treated like Duke they really are.

But seriously our guys played so good and held their ground inside the arc it wasn’t all that noticeable until a few by Gillespie. And no matter how much we discuss it our guys lost a game they could’ve won again, not the stripes. Bring home a win from someone else’s gym please so we can get over this barrier!
Agree. We held them to 38% shooting while we hit 49% and killed them on the boards but It was the difference in 3 pt shooting that decided the game.

Has a UConn team ever been held to 3 free throw attempts before. And I don’t know if I’ve even seen a game where only one player when to the line.

Reaction Score
Agree. We held them to 38% shooting while we hit 49% and killed them on the boards but It was the difference in 3 pt shooting that decided the game.

Has a UConn team ever been held to 3 free throw attempts before. And I don’t know if I’ve even seen a game where only one player when to the line.

It's much worse than that. It's one thing to not get to the line more than three times. It's totally another to be shooting from inside all game long, and dominating the paint, and still not getting to the line. It is literally statistically impossible to think that we shot as many times as we did from inside without once getting bumped or hacked or held.

Reaction Score
It's much worse than that. It's one thing to not get to the line more than three times. It's totally another to be shooting from inside all game long, and dominating the paint, and still not getting to the line. It is literally statistically impossible to think that we shot as many times as we did from inside without once getting numbed or hacked or held.
Agreed but I'll take the way this game was officiated over the AAC ones which had been brutal.

Reaction Score
Honest question for y’all. Would we have won the 2011 national championship with the way games are being called now in regards to offensive fouls and “flops”? I’ve always wondered if Kemba and Shabazz were the reason they instituted that rule. They made a living getting to the line off that head jerking motion. I bet coaches complained to NCAA about it.
I remember watching games with some friends of other programs and they would go nuts about Kemba and Bazz selling non-eixstent fouls. We got a ton of free points from their head jerking.
Watch "Uconn basketball player flops in final four" on YouTube

Reaction Score
It doesn't get more phantom than that.

The timing of that call is the story right? I mean AG came out playing like we have expected and he was on a roll making plays on offense and defending Gillespie. While out Gillespie hits a couple 3's and gains his confidence and the game is suddenly close to even again. Just an awful call in so many ways.

Reaction Score
I was livid when this call was made. I didn’t see anything in realtime.

Now that I see the reply and am able to pause and start it in sequence it does appear that AG did make contact to Gillespie’s mouth and it happened to be right in front of the ref.

Is it technically a foul...probably. Did Gillespie over react...absolutely. A ticky tacky call by the ref...sure.

CV immediately questions the other ref on the bottom of the screen and that ref points to his face saying he saw the contact also.

Gillespie took advantage of Gaffney once AG left the court

Reaction Score
I was livid when this call was made. I didn’t see anything in realtime.

Now that I see the reply and am able to pause and start it in sequence it does appear that AG did make contact to Gillespie’s mouth and it happened to be right in front of the ref.

Is it technically a foul...probably. Did Gillespie over react...absolutely. A ticky tacky call by the ref...sure.

CV immediately questions the other ref on the bottom of the screen and that ref points to his face saying he saw the contact also.

Gillespie took advantage of Gaffney once AG left the court

And after AG came back in Hurley made a crucial mistake for a couple of minutes still. He took AG off of Gillespie due to having 3 and left Gaffney on him, he scored a couple of more times before DH realized he couldn't be concerned with how many fouls he had.

Reaction Score
The timing of that call is the story right? I mean AG came out playing like we have expected and he was on a roll making plays on offense and defending Gillespie. While out Gillespie hits a couple 3's and gains his confidence and the game is suddenly close to even again. Just an awful call in so many ways.

calls like this are the reason that many think games are fixed. That call meant so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom