Anyone have info on the Berhalter allegations? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anyone have info on the Berhalter allegations?

Reaction Score
I am for finding a better coach. But the bottom line is despite the fact that you don't like him, Berhalter did not fail in his three years. If we said 3 years ago would a coach have done o.k. if he won a Gold Cup, won a Nations League, qualified for the World Cup, got us out of the first round and did all that while moving us to a much, much younger group of players who would almost all still be there when we host in 2026, the answe would have been yes.

I won't even point to the absurdity for you being critical for discussion a situation that was the focus of the post and discussion just because it isn't on your agenda. Talk about pre-Copernican.
He did what was asked of him to help rebuild the program, but he’s also clearly not the right guy for the job anymore.

The reality is he was never really qualified for the job, and the players need a better manager to reach their full potential as a team. That was painfully obvious leading up to the World Cup, and all the concerns played themselves out.

Reaction Score
I am for finding a better coach. But the bottom line is despite the fact that you don't like him, Berhalter did not fail in his three years. If we said 3 years ago would a coach have done o.k. if he won a Gold Cup, won a Nations League, qualified for the World Cup, got us out of the first round and did all that while moving us to a much, much younger group of players who would almost all still be there when we host in 2026, the answe would have been yes.

I won't even point to the absurdity for you being critical for discussion a situation that was the focus of the post and discussion just because it isn't on your agenda. Talk about pre-Copernican.

I just wanted to know what the allegations were. True, I was hoping it was something that would get Greg fired.

But c'mon. Your opinion of who is to blame is just spectulation with no real information except for the spin in the press. It's all just gossip.

What I do know is this. He was handed the best group of players is the history of the USMNT. And the bar was set extremely low because of the previous qualifying debacle. The one thing he deserves credit for is insisting the players learn how to pass out of the back. That ain't enough.

Reaction Score
God, so many of you have such hate for Berhalter that you truly are missing how awful what Daniella Reyna did. I will be pleased if we find a better coach to replace Berhalter. While he didn’t have a bad three years in terms of the ultimate accomplishments, I’m not a fan of forcing a team to play the coach’s way instead of a way that fits the players better. But that kind of decision happens every day.

Here is the story: a grown up was so insistent on being a helicopter Mom to protect a successful pro soccer player young adult that she outed an incident THAT HER COLLEGE ROOMMATE, TEAMMATE, AND FRIEND ELECTED TO MOVE BEYOND that happened thirty years ago to hurt the long time friend who she didnt’ think treated her son fairly. I’m sorry, but even in this world what an incredibly awful, awful human being she must be.

I’m not going to blame Claudio until it’s clear he was a part of this. Gio handles himself pretty damn well (subsequent to practicing himself into the doghouse) and, if anyone cares to be fair, Berhalter got his team out of the first round despite this all going on.

But Daniella Reyna is an evil, evil person who risked ruining the life of a close friend to be a helicoptor mom. Of a grown up professional. That’s the story, whether it fits into your guys narrative or not.

Ehhhh. Worth it if he is gone, There had to be some karmic debt for the nepotism and cronyism.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
God, so many of you have such hate for Berhalter that you truly are missing how awful what Daniella Reyna did. I will be pleased if we find a better coach to replace Berhalter. While he didn’t have a bad three years in terms of the ultimate accomplishments, I’m not a fan of forcing a team to play the coach’s way instead of a way that fits the players better. But that kind of decision happens every day.

Here is the story: a grown up was so insistent on being a helicopter Mom to protect a successful pro soccer player young adult that she outed an incident THAT HER COLLEGE ROOMMATE, TEAMMATE, AND FRIEND ELECTED TO MOVE BEYOND that happened thirty years ago to hurt the long time friend who she didnt’ think treated her son fairly. I’m sorry, but even in this world what an incredibly awful, awful human being she must be.

I’m not going to blame Claudio until it’s clear he was a part of this. Gio handles himself pretty damn well (subsequent to practicing himself into the doghouse) and, if anyone cares to be fair, Berhalter got his team out of the first round despite this all going on.

But Daniella Reyna is an evil, evil person who risked ruining the life of a close friend to be a helicoptor mom. Of a grown up professional. That’s the story, whether it fits into your guys narrative or not.
This is such a load of BS!!!! You obviously have no clue. You obviously have no children or know no mothers. A mama bear is not evil. (besides the fact that bears are godless killing machines) A mama bear is not rational, they protect their own. When something evil (Gregg) attacks their baby, mama bear is gonna rise up.

Gregg screwed up 3 times. Abused his girlfriend, misused Gio and threw Gio under the bus. He still hasn't apologized for the last 2. He needs to be held accountable. At least Danielle tried to hold him accountable.

As for Claudio, hell most of us on this board, if we knew someone in USSF would be emailing them asking WTF was Gregg doing?? We'd probably have been doing it long before the WC.

Most people realized Gregg was an inept (at this level) manager. But now we also know he is a self serving, back stabbing, lying, vindictive, hypocritical POS. Nobody with any common decency should be supporting or defending him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom