Anyone have info on the Berhalter allegations? | The Boneyard

Anyone have info on the Berhalter allegations?

Reaction Score
323877394_2970677173235311_561754106912764877_n.jpg

Reaction Score
There isn’t a bigger Berhalter hater than me, but this whole thing is preposterous.

And, to no one’s surprise, USMNT is handling this as poorly as possible. It should be an easy decision to move on from Berhalter purely for soccer reasons, but instead, they’re hiding behind this third-party investigation to delay any announcements.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. Still think USSF should move on from him, but this is just ridiculous.

Half of us would be "cancelled" if they went back to what we did when we were 18.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is ridiculous. Still think USSF should move on from him, but this is just ridiculous.

Half of us would be "cancelled" if they went back to what we did when we were 18.
He atoned for his sin as well by all accounts. It was over 30 years ago.

Reaction Score
What a mess. It was time to move on from Ggggg but this is absurd. Just really, really poor form from the Reyna’s if the ESPN report is true. Feel for Gggg’s wife the most

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
WTH? This isn't gonna end well for anyone. If I was Gio, I'd be as pissed at my mom as with Gregg.

@$%#ing parents the bane of every team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is even crazier/messier when you get into all the details/relations.

In June, Berhalter told the Gab & Juls Show than when Gio was as young as 12 or 13, he had the sense watching him that he would have a future in sports, noting that he was an exceptional soccer and basketball player.

"Now as the national team manager it turns into a different relationship, but the connection is always there. The bond is always there," Berhalter said. "Our families are very close. Very good friends and in Gio there are moments where I look at him and -- putting him on the field or something. It's so familiar. You're looking at something that is so familiar to you and that's such a great feeling. It's almost like you're putting a family member in the game. That's been really fun."

Besides the fact that Gregg and Claudio were teammates for years, Danielle Reyna and Rosalind Berhalter were teammates at UNC. And Claudio is the Sporting Director for Austin FC, where Josh Wolfe is Head Coach. Josh was Gregg's Asst at Columbus for 5 years and a year with the NT.

Reaction Score

This provides more context.

Reaction Score
So basically Danielle Reyna said she called Earnie Stewart and company to vent on 11 Dec after Greggg needlessly used Gio as anecdote in a leadership conference, and says she never intended it to be public.

Absolutely nobody looks good here. But Berhalter is now in the “Find Out” phase of things.

Reaction Score

U.S. Soccer Sporting Director Earnie Stewart Taps Anthony Hudson To Oversee USMNT January Camp In Carson, Calif.​

Reaction Score

U.S. Soccer Sporting Director Earnie Stewart Taps Anthony Hudson To Oversee USMNT January Camp In Carson, Calif.​

Good. Hopefully he is gone forever. Total narcissist.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Earnie Stewart looks pathetic. He didn't have the stones to sack Gregg straight up.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It may be past the time we keep filling every USSF position with former players. Most of whom weren't all that great from a global standpoint either as a player or executive. It's become downright incestuous.

Reaction Score
What a debacle.

The Reynas had everyone on their side in this feud. All they had to do was not try to blackmail Berhalter, but apparently that was too much to ask of them.

It’s equally embarrassing that USMNT keeps hiding behind this investigation instead of making a managerial decision.

I hate everyone on all sides of this.

Reaction Score

But in actuality that’s too simplistic and wrong. Danielle made the call, not Claudio. Greggg divulged inside info on “team stuff” that had no business being out in the open after the WC was over in his little TED talk. That’s just ridiculous. That’s what triggered Danielle to call on 11 Dec.

It’s a bad look for the Reynas but I hope Gregggg never manages anything worth damn again.

Reaction Score
What a debacle.

The Reynas had everyone on their side in this feud. All they had to do was not try to blackmail Berhalter, but apparently that was too much to ask of them.

It’s equally embarrassing that USMNT keeps hiding behind this investigation instead of making a managerial decision.

I hate everyone on all sides of this.

Is there any evidence of blackmail? Right now that looks like something Greggg made up. All of this came out when Danielle flipped out on the phone with Earnie.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On the bright side perhaps the egg currently on the face of US soccer will lead to a significant enough shakeup of leadership that we may have a legitimate chance to progress.

Should Mrs Reyna have done this (as a knee jerk reaction to Berhalter publicly airing the off field shortcomings of her son)? No, absolutely not.

Should Berhalter have made the comments he made about an anonymous (not really anonymous) player? No, absolutely not.

This is out there now and there is no way to get the toothpaste back in the tube.

On the plus side, whatever (I imagine practice) shortcomings a 19 year old may have been involved with are things he can correct with maturity. As far as the adults who spoke quite a bit more than they should have about things they never should have shared, they should be moved out of the spotlight as quickly and as thoroughly as possible.

Reaction Score
It may be past the time we keep filling every USSF position with former players. Most of whom weren't all that great from a global standpoint either as a player or executive. It's become downright incestuous.
Agreed. The nepotism needs to end. Clean house and bring in true professionals

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom