OT: - Anyone have Apple +? | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone have Apple +?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What’s good on it? I took a look and there’s a lot of stuff, but it seems like it’s all on demand.

Reaction Score
Agree with both comedies mentioned. Also recommend For all Mankind which was incredible. Little America has been good so far but only see a couple episodes.

Reaction Score
Beastie Boys Documentary in addition to Morning Show, Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest all aforementioned. I really like the content so far.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Ted Lasso is phenomenal. Can't wait for the new season to drop. Home Before Dark had a great season 1 and though the main character is 11 years old she drove the show. It is a great mystery. Wife loved Dickinson, and I guess I did too. Truth Be Told was slow to start so we are waiting for the summer to start that one.

Reactions: TKs

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Free year subscription with new Mac, watched Ted Lasso (fantastic show) but nothing else caught my eye. May try some of the suggestions I read here though. Also, I think Apple offers a Tv+, Music and Cloud package for a pretty reasonable price. I could be wrong but think I remember seeing that somewhere recently?

Reaction Score
We just started "The Mosquito Coast" and are enjoying it. "Defending Jacob" was good also.

Reaction Score
The Billie Eilish documentary was excellent.

I really didn't know much about her until about two years ago, but after getting to learn how her and her brother craft their music in a bedroom and her just general wise beyond her years perspective, she's a really admirable artist and an awesome role model.

Reaction Score
I've also heard For All Mankind has gotten quite good in the 2nd season, but haven't gotten to it yet.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Stopped watching For All Mankind after four episodes of the second season because it turned into a glorified soap opera. First season was quite compelling.

Does the second season end better than it begins?

Reaction Score
It's a miniscule $4.99 a month and their content is of pretty high quality. No fluff shows. All the shows listed above are good. Totally worth it and I'm not an Apple fan. They are also starting to have a more steady stream of new weekly shows now that the pandemic is better. They are starting to film "Masters of the Air", the 3rd installment of the Band of Brothers, The Pacific series. Stephen King has a show coming out next Friday. Ted Lasso and For All Mankind are worth it alone. Trying is decent as an underrated British comedy in the Catastrophe, Fleabag mold. The only show I haven't cared for is Servant, the M. Night show. Watched both seasons but my wife and I both agree. It's like a car crash you can't turn away from. Weird. Not in my wheelhouse.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The M. Night Shyamalan show "Servant" Season 1 was good too. Not great, but kept me intrigued. Have not gotten to Season 2 yet but will eventually.

Reaction Score
Stopped watching For All Mankind after four episodes of the second season because it turned into a glorified soap opera. First season was quite compelling.

Yes. End of 2nd season is great. You should resume. Don't want to drop a spoiler.

Reaction Score
The M. Night Shyamalan show "Servant" Season 1 was good too. Not great, but kept me intrigued. Have not gotten to Season 2 yet but will eventually.
It gets even more bizarre. I hate shows that offer more questions than answers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The only thing besides Ted Lasso I found was The Snoopy Show. Million times better than Paw Patrol or Bubble Guppies if you have babysitting duty.

Reaction Score
Yes. End of 2nd season is great. You should resume. Don't want to drop a spoiler.

Yes, had something similar where I stopped watching for about a month halfway through 2nd season and then picked it back up. 2nd half of second season was very good.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
82 don't get sucked into the Apple bubble like the rest of the world! Oh never mind!
Lol. My kids encouraged me to get an Apple phone the last time I bought one, which was an iPhone 6, so it’s been a while. I agree that they are very good at channeling you to their products. I was going to go back to an android phone this go round but there was a great deal on the 12.

Reaction Score
Lol. My kids encouraged me to get an Apple phone the last time I bought one, which was an iPhone 6, so it’s been a while. I agree that they are very good at channeling you to their products. I was going to go back to an android phone this go round but there was a great deal on the 12.
Boo 82 boo!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom