Anyone have a game recap? | The Boneyard

Anyone have a game recap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Missed it. Sounds like DD had a good game?

Reaction Score
Sounds like the game was a blow out 100 UCONN 62 Bad guys.

RB 22 ponts 6 assits
OC 20 points
DD 15 points 9 rebounds
To 9 points

9 of 21 from 3 point range
55 to 34 rebond advantage
10 Turnovers (ao a good improvement from last game).
26 fast break points

Reaction Score
i thought DD had like 15 boards...he had 10 at halftime...

Reaction Score
Better Defense. Better shot selection- shared the basketbal-l 20 assists on 31 made FGs. You are right DD had 14 boards ( I suck at typing).

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Daniels had 14 boards.

UConn's fast break was the story of the game. They ran like UConn of old, hopefully they can do that against better competition.

Defense still needs work. Perimeter pressure looks good, but when the guards are beaten, the rotations are still slow and inconsistent.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
BTW, Omar Calhoun may be good enough to be one-and-done. I sure hope not though.

Reaction Score
That would be great for him and totally suck for UCONN fans- we need him next year to help draw in some talent.

Reaction Score
BTW, Omar Calhoun may be good enough to be one-and-done. I sure hope not though.

Wow........I guess I can question your knowledge yet again........

He's a nice player but that's not happening..........wager???

Reaction Score
Oh good lord. Are you drunk?

Not a bit but you might be. Are you serious or just being nice about Omar? You seem like a nice guy so I'm guessing you were exaggerating to have a little fun with people.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I wasn't exaggerating. It wasn't a prediction either, so I don't know what the hell you're disagreeing with me about?

With some consistency and steady improvement, he'll be on NBA scout's radar in April. Although there are no guarantees, it is within the realm of possibility for him to be good enough to decide to declare.

Reaction Score
I wasn't exaggerating. It wasn't a prediction either, so I don't know what the hell you're disagreeing with me about?

With some consistency and steady improvement, he'll be on NBA scout's radar in April. Although there are no guarantees, it is within the realm of possibility for him to be good enough to decide to declare.

Okay!!:eek:

Reaction Score
this is how i see it

omar is close to his sister
his sister is a uconn recruit
she will choose uconn
omar will want to spend atleast 1 year with her in college
therefore: he will be here atleast 1 more year

...boom.

Reaction Score
Slow first half. Poor ball movement at times with a guard pounding the ball uptop for 25 minutes followed by a contested forced shot

Improved ball movement in 2nd half. They also stepped up the perimeter D. Nice work in the regard by Bazz, Boat & Evans Giffey stepped out a few times and forced some TOs.

Interior D still looks scary. I was surprised to see Wolf for some long stretches in the 2nd half. Didn't realize he was cleared to play.

caw

Reaction Score
this is how i see it

omar is close to his sister
his sister is a uconn recruit
she will choose uconn
omar will want to spend atleast 1 year with her in college
therefore: he will be here atleast 1 more year and they will both win a NC for UConn during that year.

...boom.

Fixed.

Reaction Score
Player Observations:

Omar - high BBIQ and a sweat shot. Knew to throw up a shot when fouled to get to the line. He reminds me of a more athletic Lawrence Moten. Moton's J was sort of a set shot that he released early on his way up. Omar has a similar quck release where he shoots it at the beginning of his jump. Very smooth release and deadly. He really filled it in the 2nd half.

Boat is electric. He and Bazz to their share of bad early in the shot clock 3s, but RB is a jet who scores by creating space in the half-court and in transition. He had a couple nice steals and transition dunks.

Tyler had some good moments. A couple smooths Js and one nice post move where he faked the defender in the air and did a nice step under move for an and-1. Unfortunately that was the only nice post move I remember seeing all game.

Daniels had an effective quiet game. He still needs to improve his handle, strength and consistency with his J. Did seem to have a knack for the boards pulling down a bunch of them.

Reaction Score
Here's my whoa moment. Phil Nolan comes in and eventually commits two fouls in about 20 seconds. He comes out of the game, and KO claps and high fives him on the way to the bench. JC would have f-bombed him and told him to leave the building.

This team is one big love-fest. I think it's a good thing.

Reaction Score
Player Observations Part 2:

Leon shows some solid BBIQ. Beefier than I expected. Not real athletic, but solid enough for this level. He's got a knack for getting good shots off, but is struggling to knock 'em down. Had to air balls, one over the rim and one that didn't reach the rim that resulted in a catch and score. I gave him credit for 2 assists. :)

Giffey was active as he usually is and made a few nice shots. He's a smart player who just about always is productive. I liked his active D especially on the halfcourt trap.

Evans is a bull. Fearlessly drives it to the hoop. Doesn't shoot it well from the line or the field. Just not his game. A good energy guy. I like him.

Nolan is long and active. Probably would have been redshirt, but he's going to have to play and learn on the job as a frosh. Moves well. Lacks strength. I think he'll come along as the season goes. A work in progress. Eat up minutes and fouls.

Hard to tell how well this team will compete until they face a team with more size, skill and athleticism. So far KO has done a nice job with this group.

Reaction Score
I forgot to comment on Bazz. He still seems slowed by the foot. Took a bad shot or two but hit at least one nice 3 ball. I hope he gets healthy soon. He's an important piece of the puzzle and the team needs his leadership.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This wasn't a good game for our guys by any stretch. Lowell was nowhere near as good as AIC yet UM-L had a lead after the 8 minute timeout in the first half. There wasn't much drive and dish to the offense, plenty of drive and shoot though. Everybody bombed 3's at will. Our guards were beat way too often off the dribble by guys they should have been able to handle. The team pulled away when Omar made a few threes and the team used their athleticism to run a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom