Anyone getting concerned yet... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anyone getting concerned yet...

Reaction Score
I fully expect next years schedule to be probably the worst we've seen for UCONN at the level

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This year’s home slate is actually pretty nice. Big10 team and some decent AAC draws. Next year...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't think the AAC will be the SEC in 50 years.
I wasn’t thinking the AAC would be the SEC. But if it became a real P6, it would make our decision to leave looked idiotic.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
There will never be a P6... it’s a pipe dream the AAC is trying to make a reality.. never happening.
Mmm, more of a branding attempt than anything else. I'm not an Aresco fan, but I think the P6 thing was really more about distinguishing the AAC as the best of the G5. I think it's been successful.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
We will have some familiar P5 teams on our schedule including ACC team. The main thing as fans we need to concern ourselves with, that we have sone individual control over, is empty seat optics. We need to get more fannies in the seats.
Great to hear. Which acc team is UConn playing next year? Home or away?

C

Chief00

Great to hear. Which acc team is UConn playing next year? Home or away?
They are still working out years and dates. Chief would view this as a multi year scheduling solution - don’t get hung up on a particular year. The main thing is to is agree to schedule home/away - then work out the dates. ACC teams in play may include BC, GT, Cuse, NCST, Pitt and VT. Of course teams like FIU, Coastal Carolina, LA - Monroe may be added as well. Then there’s some Big 12 and SEC possibilities such as Arkansas and TCU. Also, you may see some PAC10 if Fox assists.

How can the Casual Fan aid in this effort? Simple, attend as many games as possible. Drawing 20k just doesn’t cut it math wise.

I think we can easily add 5k to 6k students every home game by treating them as important customers not street thugs. We will also have lots of fun and competition between student organizations and clubs. These are the potential customers President Herbst effectively kicked off the premises before the start of every game. Chief is starting on a proposal to the new President and should have something out there in a couple weeks or sooner.

It’s up to the University now to work at Chief speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
They are still working out years and dates. Chief would view this as a multi year scheduling solution - don’t get hung up on a particular year. The main thing is to is agree to schedule home/away - then work out the dates. ACC teams in play may include BC, GT, Cuse, NCST, Pitt and VT. Of course teams like FIU, Coastal Carolina, LA - Monroe may be added as well. Then there’s some Big 12 and SEC possibilities such as Arkansas and TCU. Also, you may see some PAC 10 of Fox assists.

How can the Casual Fan aid in this effort? Simple, attend as many games as possible. Drawing 20k just doesn’t cut it math wise.

To this end, the fact we haven’t heard anything could be viewed as a good sign.

Reaction Score
They are still working out years and dates. Chief would view this as a multi year scheduling solution - don’t get hung up on a particular year. The main thing is to is agree to schedule home/away - then work out the dates. ACC teams in play may include BC, GT, Cuse, NCST, Pitt and VT. Of course teams like FIU, Coastal Carolina, LA - Monroe may be added as well. Then there’s some Big 12 and SEC possibilities such as Arkansas and TCU. Also, you may see some PAC10 if Fox assists.

I think we can easily add 5k to 6k students every home game by treating them as important customers not street thugs. We will also have lots of fun and competition between student organizations and clubs. These are the potential customers President Herbst effectively kicked off the premises before the start of every game. Chief is starting on a proposal to the new President and should have something out there in a couple weeks or sooner.

Future relationships for me may include women younger than 30, women that dig fat bald guys with minimal wealth and women without excessive baggage from prior relationships. Not that I expect it, but it may happen.

Just like all of these really good home/home series may happen.

You have the scheduled/contracted games with ACC schools BC (2022/23), Duke 2023/24 and NC State (2022/23) at this point. If Cuse, Pitt, GT and VT were interested (VT plays BC every year so why would they add another New England game?) it would be surprising. The game does nothing for them recruiting wise or fan travel/alumni benefit wise. From the B1G you have Purdue 2021/2025) and the back side of IN/IL next year. And then I see a sacrificial lamb game at Clemson in 2021 and TN on there in 2026 with no return game.

All of these games were scheduled when Uconn was in the AAC and qualified by those conferences as a P5 quality opponent. Does that qualification carry forward once these contracts are done? If the B1G, ACC, B12, SEC, etc. all decide that independent Uconn is not P5 quality, then nothing happens other than a bunch of 1 off P5 away games. I want insight int what the P5 conferences are thinking, not what may happen because we want it to.

Future UConn Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

C

Chief00

Future relationships for me may include women younger than 30, women that dig fat bald guys with minimal wealth and women without excessive baggage from prior relationships. Not that I expect it, but it may happen.

Just like all of these really good home/home series may happen.

You have the scheduled/contracted games with ACC schools BC (2022/23), Duke 2023/24 and NC State (2022/23) at this point. If Cuse, Pitt, GT and VT were interested (VT plays BC every year so why would they add another New England game?) it would be surprising. The game does nothing for them recruiting wise or fan travel/alumni benefit wise. From the B1G you have Purdue 2021/2025) and the back side of IN/IL next year. And then I see a sacrificial lamb game at Clemson in 2021 and TN on there in 2026 with no return game.

All of these games were scheduled when Uconn was in the AAC and qualified by those conferences as a P5 quality opponent. Does that qualification carry forward once these contracts are done? If the B1G, ACC, B12, SEC, etc. all decide that independent Uconn is not P5 quality, then nothing happens other than a bunch of 1 off P5 away games. I want insight int what the P5 conferences are thinking, not what may happen because we want it to.

Future UConn Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com
I never said some games weren’t previously scheduled with these teams. Look for more games with the Cuse’s and BC’s etc. I think you are applying a lot of criteria to scheduling games that the guys who do it don’t thankfully apply. Ultimately, we will see who’s right - you or Chief.

Reaction Score

Arkansas and TCU? I doubt we will see them play the Huskies....

Reaction Score
Who paid 950k to lose at home? I am sure Warde will schedule us after that Army game. We are a guaranteed win - for top 25 teams.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
On Saturday my daughter asked me what is the P6 flag the UConn cheerleaders ran out on the field with. I said it was a delusional man's pipe dream. To anyone thinking the money in the AAC will keep these teams afloat to be another SEC in 50 years buy into that delusional flag. UConn had no choice but to leave, next year's schedule could be rough but don't be surprised at who comes to the Rent in the future. Chief has some of them right but is missing a bunch too. Should be fun and yes we need fans there who can stay a whole game!!

Reaction Score
On Saturday my daughter asked me what is the P6 flag

I don't understand why this bothers so many people, its just a marketing campaign, and a darn good one IMO.

Do you really think "United flies the friendly skies"?
Do you think you can "taste the rainbow" when you eat skittles?
Do you think "when you have said Budweiser you have said it all?"

And BTW most would agree the AAC is in fact the 6th best football conference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I never said some games weren’t previously scheduled with these teams. Look for more games with the Cuse’s and BC’s etc. I think you are applying a lot of criteria to scheduling games that the guys who do it don’t thankfully apply. Ultimately, we will see who’s right - you or Chief.
That post is reflective of the people that want to see UConn fail. Ultimately these schools will or will not schedule UConn as a matter of convenience. Does a school like BC want to pay UConn for a game like Clemson? Probably not. Do they want to pay Lousiana Monroe for that game? Probably not. So is it easier for them to schedule the occasional home and home with UConn or Lousiana Monroe? One is a bus trip away that probably doesn't even require an extra hotel night stay.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Aside from about 150 people on this message board, the average college football fan didn't know UConn was even in the AAC.
With SMU and Houston in the AAC, many people in Texas know UConn is in the AAC.

It obviously holds a fraction of the interest of the Big 12 and SEC, but it’s not nothing.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Because that is all that matters - you being right!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom