Anyone getting concerned yet... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone getting concerned yet...

Reaction Score
Winning cures all. Beat Illinois this week, be competitive this season and beyond, tens of people will gradually return to the stands with their complimentary tickets, and someday we'll even be good enough to join the MAC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm really not sure how I feel about the MAC. On one hand it solves our scheduling, league championship, and bowl affiliation issue. On the other hand, you're talking 5,000 in the stands on a Tuesday night vs. Toledo and having the minor league association of being a MAC Football school.

Most of the MAC would beat us right now, and the schedule we see in the coming years could actually be worse than a hypothetical MAC slate, but going against my better judgment, I want to see what AD Dave and the 492 other Athletic Department employees have up their sleeve come 2021, 2022, 2023 and so on.

After today they aren’t planning on anything other than disbanding.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Some days this board is like my mother

What can I worry about now? Wait, who are we playing in 23? How can I not know. We’re doomed.
It is a message board, Mrs Benedict.

Reaction Score
Oh, heck, he has a whole organization at his dispisal.
Yup, athletic dept (edit: previously) including at least 1 prior Div 1 AD and and overall size some suggest is larger than similar Div 1/FBS programs. If Loyal Dan actually has or provided substantive insights on how the signed NNBE has AD Dave swamped, concrete insights why the existing staff, scheduling software, etc are inadequate at this still early stage, etc, his repeated demands to expend additional resources on an outside consultant might hold a bit more water.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is a message board, Mrs Benedict.
No attack here, you have used the it's a message board thingy a few times. What part of others messages are you not comprehending?

Reaction Score
I think eventually that the schedule is going to be good. But it is clear they jumped at the big east without having ducks in a row with football. I don’t think the schedule will be attractive next year.

I would hope the aac teams,
Many of them, would still want to play the huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn isn’t getting a national deal unless Fox gives us a small deal just to help out. SNY is the “network deal”. Last I heard, UConn was working on an agreement to get more PAC teams on the schedule. The lack of announcements and complete silence tell me, they haven’t decided on a path or they will announce a more complete solution when they announce future opponents. I’m hopeful that there is a substantial scheduling announcement sooner or later rather than a game here and a game there.

Reaction Score
UConn isn’t getting a national deal unless Fox gives us a small deal just to help out. SNY is the “network deal”. Last I heard, UConn was working on an agreement to get more PAC teams on the schedule. The lack of announcements and complete silence tell me, they haven’t decided on a path or they will announce a more complete solution when they announce future opponents. I’m hopeful that there is a substantial scheduling announcement sooner or later rather than a game here and a game there.
I was thinking Fox Sports 2. I still think they can use us to pay for some of their other properties road games, primarily the Big 12.

Your posts lead to believe your fairly plugged in to what is going on however.

Reaction Score
I’m somewhat plugged in with SNY. I’ve been stating SNY would give us a football deal for like two years. They confirmed that shortly after the Big East announcement.

The PAC situation was rumored by two contacts, totally unconnected. The only reason I continue to be curious about it is the lack of news on opponents and no news from my SNY friend. If SNY is the solution, we’d probably hear about it rather quickly.

I’ve also questioned if somehow the PAC games might have value to SNY. I haven’t investigated if SNY might be able to broadcast PAC teams playing UConn. The PAC badly needs east coast exposure. Maybe, SNY can get rights to some PAC content, which would help everyone?

Reaction Score
They (the MAC) would never recruit us in public but there was a quote in the press a month ago from the MAC's commish that absolutely suggested they were open to the idea. Adding UCONN and UMASS would bring many new eyeballs to their conference, they (and ESPN) would add us because it would be smart business.
UMass was in the MAC before they went independent. The MAC requires all sports in order to join the conference.

Reaction Score
UMass was in the MAC before they went independent. The MAC requires all sports in order to join the conference.
I don’t think they want us. But if they did, they’d change the rule and add us. It’s their rule, they can change it.

Reaction Score
The football schedule and options going forward are way better than anyone is expecting and much better than this conference of misfits. The issue is not going to be the opponents it’s whether the team can actually be competitive.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Some of the delays have to do with sign offs. But the biggest issue is fitting the whole schedule together and until each weekend is figured out, that is the hold up. We can announce games and years but not exactly when at this moment.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
50 years ago, Tulane left the SEC.

I hope UConn leaving the AAC isn't compared to that someday.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Next year will be the issue scheduling wise but after that I feel good and think the quality will be solid
Have a little faith husky nation

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom