Anyone else love Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone else love Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Gus is the goat. Point blank period.

Reaction Score
They were bad last night. Can still be a fan and call it as it is.

From not saying anything about the English T to talking about Reggie Miller? with 7 mins left to go. They were bad last night.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think Gus has changed his approach. He used to be pretty straight play by play, now he seems to see himself as more of an entertainer and it often gets in the way.

I don't know man, this was 20 years ago.

Reaction Score
Huge Gus fan. I always loved when he was calling an upset in the opening rounds of the Dance.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yeah but WTF when Can was shooting technical foul shots and they don’t tell us WTF is going on!

Gus is just blubbering on about who knows what and never shuts up and never notices that something important is happening on the court.
That was when I turned the sound off. Never told us who got T'd up or why. Just ignored what they were supposedly there to tell us about, and went trying to entertain each other.

Reaction Score
Idk how anyone can complain about how they called the last 7ish minutes of the game. Were you watching Providence sleepwalking counting down the minutes while we were up 25? They have to talk about something

Reaction Score
also, Jim Jackson is the most even keeled, non enthusiastic color commentator. He talks like a coach, not like an entertainer(not a complaint). Gus easily has to compensate for that when he’s working with Jackson, compared to other color guys.

Gus is definitely becoming the new Dickie V hype man, but he seems to keep it “within the confines of the broadcast” and hasnt become a talking head for networks to gas up their money motives.

All for it.

Reaction Score
I like Gus and Jackson. There are definitely a bunch of announcing pairs that are markedly worse. I especially like when Gus amps up the energy when things start heating up like, when a team calls timeout after a devastating run.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just happy we got a minimum of Clark accolades.

Reaction Score
I am counter to most of the folks here. I love Gus. High energy, world class, builds the game up to an elite level. He brings passion.

Johnson, although he is tight with Rip, comes off as arrogant and lacks any joy for the game.

Reaction Score
I am counter to most of the folks here. I love Gus. High energy, world class, builds the game up to an elite level. He brings passion.

Johnson, although he is tight with Rip, comes off as arrogant and lacks any joy for the game.
It sounds like you have a love/hate relationship with Gus Johnson.

Reaction Score
I like the calls the past couple games. Our teams is so good, some of us are looking for things to complain about.

Connecticut……pop’n their collars!

Loved that one! Let’s be honest……we’ve all seen plenty of popped collars in CT.

Reaction Score
Odd discrepancy
Media guide has what I assume are cotrect stats on our head to head
First game was in 1928
It is obviously an error that is/was in the stat sheet and handed to announcers. I don't think we need to cite the history here everyone on the boneyard knows. Yet if/when we are sticklers endeavoring to make 'cotrections', perhaps we should be error free in our posts ;)

Reaction Score
I think Gus has changed his approach. He used to be pretty straight play by play, now he seems to see himself as more of an entertainer and it often gets in the way.
I find it the opposite. He was too over the top for me trying to be entertaining and just coming off as annoying while now hes toned it down a bit but im still no fan. I remember watching games where a guy would got to the basket for a layup seconds into the game and hes shouting like it was the greatest play hes ever seen. Uggh! Yeah. Not a fan.

Reaction Score
The Johnson / Jackson combo is a massive step up from Brando / Marshall IMHO. There’s a reason those guys are doing the Saturday night game. Someone here made the spot-on observation that Marshall frequently seems unprepared for his games and as a result starts spouting nonsense to fill dead air (like his fangirling over CFJ in the first PC game).

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It would not feel like March Madness without Gus. I do not get the hate for him. His energy is great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom