Anyone else concerned about Mercer? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Anyone else concerned about Mercer?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Will UConn be wearing the crisp white uniform or the gray. hopefully it’s the white. Does anyone know for sure
Whatever Nike tells them to wear.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Okay, possession arrow seems to be stuck pointing to the other team. I’m sure it’s not, I say not in fun, but it sure seems like it.
Felt more like 50-51% for me.

Reaction Score
SC played Mercer last year in the first round. What I remember from the game it was about a 10-point SC lead in the first half. We pulled away in the second half and won by 26. Mercer was pretty accurate shooting mid-range jumpers. I think they returned 4 of 5 starters and they have a better record this year. The game is on YouTube if you want to get a preview of them.

Reaction Score
No, those facts are completely irrelevant to a discussion regarding effects of the attitude a team takes into a game. What they had available to beat Baylor was less than what they had to lose to Arizona. Why? Their mindset differences going into each game. Uconn had MORE than enough to beat Arizona, they lost because they didn’t BRING enough of what they had because they thought they didn’t have to. That attitude, not who was available, got them a ticket home.
As for them remembering the Arizona game, great, but my point is not do they remember it, more importantly, did they learn from it; we shall see.

Tonight, (3/17) on the men's side, # 2 Kentucky lost to # 15 St. Peter's in OT. I dont know enough about either team to make comparisons, but I can say that the St. Peter's team never looked afraid , played throughout with confidence. They came to win, not just to make a good showing against the # 2. I wouldnt be surprised if that game gets in the talking points at UConn's final practice before Saturday's game.

Reaction Score
Tonight, (3/17) on the men's side, # 2 Kentucky lost to # 15 St. Peter's in OT. I dont know enough about either team to make comparisons, but I can say that the St. Peter's team never looked afraid , played throughout with confidence. They came to win, not just to make a good showing against the # 2. I wouldnt be surprised if that game gets in the talking points at UConn's final practice before Saturday's game.
Also the men's game against New Mexico St. should be in the talking points prior to Saturday. You absolutely cannot let some kid go off and have the game of her life against you. We've seen this happen. You have to be ready for it and have a plan to stop it before it gets ugly.

Reaction Score
St. Peter’s is coached by Shaheen Holloway, who is pretty much on virtually any short list of mid-major coaches expected to wind up in a P5/BE job pretty soon. They played VCU, St. John’s and Providence as part of their OOC schedule, and as you noted from last night, they do not play afraid or in awe against anyone.

Reaction Score
Amari and Piath will see their most minutes in this tournament. But only if the other 9 run through their plays to the satisfaction of the Coach.....that's my concern: will he be happy with the play of the 9?

Reaction Score
One of the advantages of not playing on the first day of the NCAAT is you usually have some upsets to point to to use as incentives. I believe these coaches know exactly what to do to be ready. They may have been here before...:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There is a pertinent cautionary tale from the men's side yesterday: St. Peters v. Kentucky. Sayonara Kentucky. Yes a 15 takes down a 2.

Reaction Score
This will be a tough game I think we should keep paige out until the final four if we make it.
I hope Paige starts every tournament game. She needs game time to get back where I want her to be, I really feel she is the key to NC and I only picked Texas over UConn in final four matchup because of concern Paige may not be Paige until she has adequate game time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom