Anyone catch Pendergast's act at the game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anyone catch Pendergast's act at the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's a vote for Emily Noonan and the D.J. I think she does a good job and it's nice to have something different going on during the down time. She seems more at ease and polished every game. The D.J. is new, fresh and entertaining. Maybe this is a generational or a cultural thing. I think it's important to spread appeal to a youthful audience. I hated the blue-white cheer. It reminded me of the forced laughter of tv shows. It was soundly ridiculed in my area. I'm really happy with ADPP and the Prez. I think they need a front end loader to carry their balls around. Biggest set since Big Loo.

My 15 y/o son thinks they need to close the doors on DJ Joey so I'm pretty sure it's not generational...

Reaction Score
The DJ is stupid too. It doesn't resonate with the crowd. I guess I'll give them credit for trying, but they're 0 for 2 with the DJ and Emily, IMO
It's amatuer hour at the Rent.they both gotta go.Period.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Emily is painful. I think anyone who has the chance to get the mike from her should just grab it and run. Can she at least wear a UConn shirt/jersey/sweatshirt?
It's my opinion that she's trying to springboard this into a job in sports journalism or reporting and doesn't care all too much about being UConn's sideline reporter. It's not that she's not a UConn fan per se, I just think she's looking at this as a professional opportunity to build her resume for the purposes of getting into the Media Business.

Reaction Score
"Welcome to the Jungle" has always worked in the past to get people revved up on 3rd downs. Adding DJ Dog Poop yelling into his mic is just overkill. I get they're trying to appeal to a younger crowd, but c'mon - a DJ at a college football game?

Got no problem with Emily Noonan, but we don't need to see her interview everybody after every single TV timeout.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned that earlier in a similar thread and said that this wasn't the same guy.

Me? I have no clue unless I see a picture as I remember what the guy looked like.

In any event, I think it was a good thing and that it got people pumped up and had the start of a tradition. Too bad.

I was trying to find images to confirm if it was him or another guy but had no luck, I remember him well so if they had a pic of him somewhere it would be easy.

Edit: if the one photo I was able to find on CT NBC website is in fact the man serving 30 months then it is definitely not the BLUE - WHITE guy. The photo is only a pair of hands being cuffed but, nothing else, but they are white hands.

Reaction Score
Why does nobody mention letting our band play like the big time progams do? We have a top shelf band and they are muted by PC Richards and our announcer telling the other team who is going in as qb.......

Reaction Score
Why does nobody mention letting our band play like the big time progams do? We have a top shelf band and they are muted by PC Richards and our announcer telling the other team who is going in as qb.......

Couldn't agree more, someones gotta pay the bills but not at the expense of the "college atmosphere" of the game, they have to come up with other ways of getting the advertising done.

Many programs use their band to play the 3rd down and 4th down music. Sometimes they mic our band sometimes they don't, sometimes our band rings the bell most times they don't. They need to get more consistent with the use of the band etc. I personally don't mind the piped in music for the 3rd nad 4th down because honestly I don't think our fanbase could do it without that prompting, many people are there for every reason other than the game and can't be bothered with knowing what down it is.

And yes would someone tell that idiot to shut the hell up when we change QB's!

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure he is the person who got arrested.
Let's clarify this once and for all... It is NOT the Blue / White guy. I lived on the same floor with him while at UConn and it is NOT him.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's clarify this once and for all... It is NOT the Blue / White guy. I lived on the same floor with him while at UConn and it is NOT him.

Are you guys talking about Dale, the Blue-White guy? It is definitely not him that got arrested.

329749483_058dea19cd.jpg

Reaction Score
I did, and that is exactly what I want to see.

Reaction Score
Are you guys talking about Dale, the Blue-White guy? It is definitely not him that got arrested.

329749483_058dea19cd.jpg
No, a guy before the games, seemed like 5 minutes or so before the teams took the field he'd het out there and try to get a barely half filled Rent energized by getting one half the stands to yell blue, then the other half to yell white, and repeat for an awkward and unsuccessful 2 minutes. the idea is not terrible, just the timing. No one in their seats, people still mulling around. Wait until we're in a tv timeout, keep him down by the band or cheerleaders and show him on the jumbotron, w/ cheerleaders helping, and get the crowd going. A much easier task when people already into the flow of the game.

Reaction Score

No not Dale, the cheerleader coach who used to lead the Blue - White chant at the stadium before games.

329749483_058dea19cd.jpg

Reaction Score
The cheerleaders have 4 "U"s and 4 "CONN"s ... get half the stadium to say "U" and the other half answer with "CONN".

If Michigan can divide the stadium into 8 sections and spell M-I-C-H-I-G-A-N, then damnit we can divide the stadium in half!!!!!

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure he is the person who got arrested.
Your wrong on this. The person arrested was counselor sup in a prison and had a sexual relationship with an inmate. He also happened to be the cheerleader coach. He was not the guy on the field leading the blue and white cheers.

Reaction Score
Your wrong on this. The person arrested was counselor sup in a prison and had a sexual relationship with an inmate. He also happened to be the cheerleader coach. He was not the guy on the field leading the blue and white cheers.
as I said in an earlier post I was only able to find one picture of hands being cuffed and they were white, the guy that led the cheer was black. More amazing is that there do not seem to be any photos of the guy, Neal Kearney, who did it.

Reaction Score
Not The Blue-White guy...the coach who lead the Blue Side/White Side cheer.

Reaction Score
The sideline reporter has quickly become a joke among students. Do we really need her talking about this and that at every TV timeout? I get that they're trying to keep the fans engaged through the 2 or 3 minute commercial break but at some point it's too much. If they wanted to give ADPP an opportunity to speak they would have been better off announcing it over the PA system.
My god, she's awful. How wooden and monotone can someone get? Good thing she's easy on the eyes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Too bad about the cheerleader guy. At one of the West Point games, he beat the Army guy at "who can hold the up the cheerleader with one arm the longest" competition. They were not happy.

Reaction Score
Not The Blue-White guy...the coach who lead the Blue Side/White Side cheer.
Agreed. I am talking about the on the field guy. The guy who got busted was in his late 40s and named Neal Kearney. The on the field guy is around 40 and is not named Neal Kearney. Just want to make sure my old college buddy is not wrongly accused of doing something he had nothing to do with. I know this is not a court of law, but felt obligated to chime in...

Reaction Score
Apparently Emily was openly cheering in the press box for UConn during the WV game. Needless to say, some of the other people in there were not pleased.

Reaction Score
I will give them props, that at least we're trying something. This being said, not a huge fan of the interviews, or the DJ (I mean really, a friggin DJ at a college football game). I'd rather hear our band getting something going, or the dude w/ the mike doing his bit during TV timeouts, etc...
Roger that. The friggin DJ and interview girl are ridiculous. People are looking for some good old fashioned college football tradition not a hip rave party. Marketimg 101- market to the people that are paying the bills and filling te seats - beer drinkin, hotdog eatin football fans.

Reaction Score
Apparently Emily was openly cheering in the press box for UConn during the WV game. Needless to say, some of the other people in there were not pleased.

Emily is a friend of mine and I understand as a journalist you're supposed to be objective but she did, in fact, go to UConn and is an alum just like many of us. Please give her a break.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I freaking hate Emily Noonan, sorry, but I do. I wish he ripped the mic from her and never gave it back.

They're shoving Emily Noonan down my throat, and I don't like it.

Just because she's attractive doesn't mean I want to listen to her ask people stupid freaking questions 10x a game.
Turned you down, huh? Let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99