Anybody Up For A Game of Famous Genoisms? | The Boneyard

Anybody Up For A Game of Famous Genoisms?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here I am hung out to dry! Okay, I'm going to start using them up.

With the absence of pressure, it's hard to do great things.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Overheard at a sparsely attended Big East Tourney game at Rutgers - "She's a Human Foul" (Kelly Schumacher) and "No more Foreigners" (Svet). It was a game where UConn won handily, their first in the tourney so not against tough competition.

It was a quotable tournament - Harry dropped a few great lines prompting fans to urge him to "take his pills". There is something to be said for an occasional sparsely attended game where you can hear the coaches.

Reaction Score
Geno on Maria Conlon "She has that great combination: She may be short, but she is slow.''

For those who may not remember Maria, she was the 5'8" point guard from Derby, CT. on the 2003-2004 national championship team.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"It is what it is."
Can’t attribute that to Geno alone. Every Italian says that. I heard it from my father growing up and now I use it with my son. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
He's often asked whether he puts too much pressure on his players. Here's one reply:

"Pressure is when somebody asks you to do something you can't do. To me, that's pressure."

But this is the same Geno who said: "With the absence of pressure, it's hard to do great things."

To be fair he can't remember them all!

Reaction Score
i believe this was uttered by geno only once?: "______ is really really really good" :)

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
After a game against USF in which he replaced all five starters, in the post game interview he said something like “you’ve got a new way of coaching players. You have to ask them if they want to play hard and if they say no, there’s nothing you can do about it.”.

He’s always the most entertaining post-game interview.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
About Maria Conlon:

Then when asked why he recruited her, Auriemma said, "I have no idea. When I watched Maria in high school, she was never happy on court. She has got a miserable on-court demeanor. If she were a doctor, she would have no patients.''

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom