Anybody speak Danish? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anybody speak Danish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I still say TE in the red zone for him. But it was just a hunch. I have no idea what this guy can do. Most people probably afraid to ask him.

Reaction Score
I still say TE in the red zone for him. But it was just a hunch. I have no idea what this guy can do. Most people probably afraid to ask him.

I have never seen such a dominating defensive end in Denmark before, when Knappe played DE for the team "Silkeborg Phoenix". I remember a game where Phoenix played against a team called "Odense Thrashers", and as far as I recall Knappe had 7-8 sacks in first half alone.

Obviously is the level in Denmark a lot lower than it is in USA. However, when he played for "Triangle Razorbacks" which plays at the highest level in Denmark "The National League" he also contributed with a significant impact on the defensive line, even in European games in the EFAF-CUP, but again, I know that the US level is a completely different league.

Before he started to play football, he was a handball player, so he can definitely catch a ball and has some nice agility, so with his height and hands, he could be an easy target as TE in the red zone or short-yardage situations.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have translated the interview now, I hope it is understandable:

https://twitter.com/las_srensen/status/437890851230855168
or
http://collegefootballdk.blogspot.dk/2014/02/english-interview-with-andreas-knappe.html

If there are some bad grammatical errors please let me know.

Thanks Lasse for translating...gave me a chance to see the person behind the number and looking forward to seeing him out there this year.
You have given us a great insight into the team as well/
IMO, Thor is going to be a force to be reckoned with no matter which side of the ball he is on....

Reaction Score
I have translated the interview now, I hope it is understandable:

https://twitter.com/las_srensen/status/437890851230855168
or
http://collegefootballdk.blogspot.dk/2014/02/english-interview-with-andreas-knappe.html

If there are some bad grammatical errors please let me know.

Knappe fan for life here... I hope he sees the field sooner rather than later for us... He gets that flexibility in order it will happen... whether he's at OT (which I'd prefer at that size) or DT....

Reaction Score
Knappe fan for life here... I hope he sees the field sooner rather than later for us... He gets that flexibility in order it will happen... whether he's at OT (which I'd prefer at that size) or DT....
How about the OL all the time and a eligible receiver in the red zone. I saw him in an open practice last summer and he was just swatting guys around like flies, unbelievable arm strength perfect for a OT. Maybe they figured our QB couldn't see/throw over him. I wondered why he didn't get any PT at any position. I was afraid he would just say #k it and go back to Denmark. Hopefully he is here for the duration and can put some hurt on opposing DLines in the future.
I guess he was just a novelty to PP and GDL. He was "their" prototype like Buck Buchanan back in the day when PP and DGL were in their prime if there ever was a time. Why he never hit the field in some capacity for short spurts was another indictment on the old staff .

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I am psyched for Knappe that he is moved to OL, and I bet he gets time there. Nice guy too, a hard worker.

Reaction Score
He's got a great frame to be an OT. Coach him up, add some weight and we have some potential.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have never seen such a dominating defensive end in Denmark before, when Knappe played DE for the team "Silkeborg Phoenix". I remember a game where Phoenix played against a team called "Odense Thrashers", and as far as I recall Knappe had 7-8 sacks in first half alone.

Obviously is the level in Denmark a lot lower than it is in USA. However, when he played for "Triangle Razorbacks" which plays at the highest level in Denmark "The National League" he also contributed with a significant impact on the defensive line, even in European games in the EFAF-CUP, but again, I know that the US level is a completely different league.

Before he started to play football, he was a handball player, so he can definitely catch a ball and has some nice agility, so with his height and hands, he could be an easy target as TE in the red zone or short-yardage situations.

He definitely would make an interesting "tackle eligible" player at OT on the goal line.

Just FYI on size in the U.S. game, most DT need to get low and drive into the offensive line. So it is rare to find DTs that are anywhere close to his height, as they can't get the right leverage. Defensive ends can sometimes can be quite tall (Ed "Too Tall" Jones was also 6'9"), but Knappe's height will be a bigger advantage at OT.

Reaction Score
How can you not root for this guy. Actually a lot of great insight in this interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom