Anybody speak Danish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dez RT'd this

@las_srensen
Andreas Knappe #53 from UCONN change position from DE to OT per Instagram @desmondconner http://collegefootballdk.blogspot.com/2014/02/andreas-knappe-skal-spille-ot-for.html?spref=tw… #Bleedblue #UCONN #CFBdk

Which links to an interview in Danish... All I got out of it was something somethin "Pasqualoni" something something "Weist".... then later blah blah "win streak"... something something "buy-in, cohesiveness". Guess watching two seasons of Borgen with subtitles didn't automatically make me fluent in Danish.

Reaction Score
No, but I am so thrilled to hear of this position change

Reaction Score
Since we can't hit the free agent market this is the next best way to fill a need.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This is another one of those head scratching PP situations. Everyone on this board thought that Knapp sounded like he should play OT....but PP and his stellar team had him on D. PP leaves...now he is on offense.

Just how inept was the previous regime?

Reaction Score
If you are language declined, it is the best language to take in college, along with Dutch, because the grammar and pronunciation are similar to English. I was a French, Latin and Vietnamese guy but I know several friends who were able to get A's and B's in Danish and/or Dutch where they would probably have bombed in others. Of course, a good percentage of both the Netherlands and Denmark speak English so... take Mandarin.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Google Translate tries it's best...

Andreas Knappe must play OT for Huskies

Since Danish Andreas Knappe got scholarship at UCONN Huskies, it has been unclear whether Scarce be used for offensive linemen or defensive linemen, or perhaps more accurately OT or DE. Now there's finally got some clarification on the subject.
See also: Interview with Andreas Knappe

# 53 Andreas Knappe, OT, UCONN Huskies
Andreas Knappe confirms through his instagram that in the future he should play OT and therefore, in future focus on UCONN's blocking schemes.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The linked interview is interesting too. Too long to paste here though.

Reaction Score
He looks like he is not one who had been slacki g in the weight. Room. What a story if he makes a pro day or combine. I know he is 6'9". Wonder what he is weighing

Reaction Score
He looks like he is not one who had been slacki g in the weight. Room. What a story if he makes a pro day or combine. I know he is 6'9". Wonder what he is weighing

Thanks to Google Translate (kinda) but you get the gist :confused:

>>How do you assess your level compared to your teammates, they have much more experience, but you get a physique as I go based matching your teammates?

There is always someone who is a freak with a crazy strength, but strength wise is I really reasonably well. When we had our last power scores, where it is all the same speed, squat, bench press, etc are thrown together for a big score that I was number 13 on the team, then cardio and strength, it's certainly not anything. Football-wise, I think even that is the big difference, I have the course stood on the sidelines and wanted in and show that I also can, and have I thought "am I good enough?" But now when I've tried it is not because I think that is inferior at all. I also see in the movies that are made from training that I am not inferior, I think certainly not himself.<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's not breaking his head over it... ;)

>>Are there any clarity on whether you should play OL or DL?

Our coaches are out and recruite now, so there is no 100% certainty yet, but I hope that it comes within the next week or so. I can not really do anything right now, besides work, work and work. It is something that is out of my hands, I do not have much to do with it. It can sometimes be a bit like "well, what do I play?" But there are just over 6 weeks to jump so it's something that feels good in the future, so it's not something I have to break my head too much with right now.<<

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If we look ahead to season 2014, what must such as team work in this off-season?
It's hard to say what is most lacking.We've got a completely new coaching staff, there's only one of our former coaches who are still here, so it does of course much. They have some new stuff as it is they seem to do. I am personally we get started, see what it is for some changes to come, it will be 100% something completely different from what we have done before. Not that it's a fresh start and we rebuild everything from scratch, but there is something new, a new approach to how we do things, everything that I think will make a huge difference. As much as all players and those around the team they are just "in", they are 100% with each other and that's that cohesiveness that are related, there are not any that are individual in addition to the team, it is a team and it's a family, and it's like one of those things that should be improved, I can already feel that it has helped it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Andreas Knappe's nickname should be Thor or the God of Thunder.

I'm still in favor of The Great Dane. It's a dog....and it's big....and it's Danish... :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dez RT'd this

Which links to an interview in Danish... All I got out of it was something somethin "Pasqualoni" something something "Weist".... then later blah blah "win streak"... something something "buy-in, cohesiveness". Guess watching two seasons of Borgen with subtitles didn't automatically make me fluent in Danish.

I played it backwards and it said "Paul is dead (to me.)"

Reaction Score
Dez RT'd this

Hey guys, my name is Lasse Sørensen and I'm the dane who made the interview with Andreas Knappe. By a coincidence I found this thread, but if you guys like, I'll be happy to create a new blog post with the complete interview translated into English, but only if you're interested.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Go for it. Obviously your English is better than our Danish.
and better than Google Translate. (though it seems to handle Danish better than, say, French.)

Reaction Score
Hey guys, my name is Lasse Sørensen and I'm the dane who made the interview with Andreas Knappe. By a coincidence I found this thread, but if you guys like, I'll be happy to create a new blog post with the complete interview translated into English, but only if you're interested.
ja, det ville være fantastisk. (credit to google translate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom