Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For a change of pace, only 2 weeks to First Night! Come on back, Megan!
Hey! I went MHS, '73.
The best team in women's college ball should not have to beg anyone to enroll. We have Geno. He will remind her of her wrong choice (if so) every time we beat her team. If it's ND, then so be it.
Did you attend Foran High? Johnny Law?

Reaction Score
By percentage of wins it would be Holdsclaw or might be CP-I did not check. By total number of victories it is Skylar .
Career record against UCONN Holdsclaw was 4 Wins 2 Losses. Skylar was 7 Wins vs. 7 losses. Not bad considering that Skylar lost her first 6 against UCONN.
I understand what your saying but ND played them 14 times compared to 6. Holdsclawwas POY 3 times, won 3 NC and took a 10 loss team after beating an undefeated Uconn team in the Elite 8 to her 1st NC as a Freshman.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wow this kid has us on edge... I wonder how many views her Twitter account is getting

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A little non-Walker tidbit to hold everyone over.

According to Arkansas recruiting expert Richard Davenport, Christyn Williams will make another visit to Storrs soon. My guess would be First Night weekend. She's also set to make visits to Notre Dame and Arkansas.

Reaction Score
@Charliebball anything new on her Twitter account. I hope you're getting your proper rest as well

Sorry just dropped off my daughter for basketball practice..............nope nothing new at this time............top ten point guard Dana Evans will be announcing tonite..............choosing between Louisville, Tennessee and Purdue

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sorry just dropped off my daughter for basketball practice....nope nothing new at this time..top ten point guard Dana Evans will be announcing tonite....choosing between Louisville, Tennessee and Purdue

I'd have a good chuckle if it were Purdue.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'd have a good chuckle if it were Purdue.

I'd join you with that one. Tennessee just got a point guard, did they not? I could see Louisville here...they're losing a few of their guards and I believe Durr will be a junior.

(Boy are we killing time.... ;))

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Evans is from Gary, IN, not far from Chicago. Purdue is in her home state. It may not be that much of a stretch. I'm thinking Louisville, however.

Reaction Score
To whoever said above that at ND Megan would get a little extra academic prestige, and they didn't know what she would get at Texas....I personally think college rankings are ridiculous. Nonetheless, U.S. News & World Reports places Texas' business school as 16th in the country. Notre Dame is tied for 25th. UConn comes in at 68th.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
To whoever said above that at ND Megan would get a little extra academic prestige, and they didn't know what she would get at Texas....I personally think college rankings are ridiculous. Nonetheless, U.S. News & World Reports places Texas' business school as 16th in the country. Notre Dame is tied for 25th. UConn comes in at 68th.
Megan would not be going to the Business school at Texas.

Reaction Score
I'd join you with that one. Tennessee just got a point guard, did they not? I could see Louisville here...they're losing a few of their guards and I believe Durr will be a junior.

(Boy are we killing time.... ;))

BINGO!!

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 37m37 minutes ago
WBB: Louisville lands 3rd 2017 commit—Dana Evans, 5-6 PG, Gary West Side HS (IN); chose U of L over Purdue and Tenn

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Megan would not be going to the Business school at Texas.

To Follow up on this, if Megan went to Notre Dame, she would be enrolling in the Freshman Year of Studies, which all freshman at Notre Dame have to do. If she wanted to major in business, she would apply to the Mendoza School of Business. Here's a quick description from the Notre Dame website,
"Consistently ranked the #1 undergraduate business program in the country by Bloomberg Businessweek, the Mendoza College of Business not only prepares successful and business-savvy graduates, we also equip tomorrow’s business leaders to act ethically and create business solutions that advance the greater good." Home // Mendoza College of Business // University of Notre Dame

That's where Ms. Walker would be studying...not at the graduate school that "gamer" looked up.

Good night, all....hasta manana.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, how about the weather? Seems like it might rain again tomorrow OH MY GOD I WONDER WHAT THAT MEANS REGARDING MEGAN um, but Thursday, probably more rain.

:)
Yes, yes, let's talk about the weather.
How beautifully blue the sky,
The glass is rising very high,
Continue fine I hope it may,
And yet it rained but yesterday.
Tomorrow it may pour again
I hear the country needs some rain,
Yet people say, I know not why,
That we shall have a warm July.......

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
"In short, this is going to take a little time -- probably into next week."

Let the headaches begin

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
So, I can stop obsessively checking to see if the news has been released for four or five days. Good to know :)

Reaction Score
To Follow up on this, if Megan went to Notre Dame, she would be enrolling in the Freshman Year of Studies, which all freshman at Notre Dame have to do. If she wanted to major in business, she would apply to the Mendoza School of Business. Here's a quick description from the Notre Dame website,
"Consistently ranked the #1 undergraduate business program in the country by Bloomberg Businessweek, the Mendoza College of Business not only prepares successful and business-savvy graduates, we also equip tomorrow’s business leaders to act ethically and create business solutions that advance the greater good." Home // Mendoza College of Business // University of Notre Dame
That's where Ms. Walker would be studying...not at the graduate school that "gamer" looked up.
Good night, all....hasta manana.
I know UConn pretty well, ND a little, not at all TX (my misfortune). I've been intimately involved in higher ed. for 40+ years, believe myself to be a passionately engaged and successful teacher, and know college athletics probably too well. I appreciate your boosterism. Good for you! I know you're trying to make the case with fingers and toes crossed. But really and actually, 99% of the time the so-called ranking of a school has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the education available to undergraduates; and certainly, for a star athlete set on a pro career and (gasp!) building a brand, she or he will get as good an education as s/he wants in any one of 150 (or more) colleges. Believe me there. What you learn is what you want to learn. The rest of it are the bells and whistles that colleges sell to alumni donors and state legislators. If a student wants to learn, nothing will stop her; if she doesn't, nothing will help her.

Reaction Score
When Walker is at first night with Williams,Collier,et.al.,i am guessing that she will announce then.Just a wag,but not a swag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom