Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My information is limited (based only on posted videos) but both of these players appear to have the skill set to play either center or PF.
Thanks. So it's clear Loyd didn't "suffer crushing defeat after defeat" as Jordy said.

Reaction Score
I'm quite sure it means nothing.

However, Walker changed her twitter header (the background photo at the top of her page) to a picture of her and Westbrook.

It's the hope that kills you.

The folks at vn seem to feel that the Irish are a lock for both #1 and #2,. It is vn, so...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My information is limited (based only on posted videos) but both of these players appear to have the skill set to play either center or PF.

Well, they're both essentially post players. I don't think it makes much sense to have two of those types of players as regulars in a UConn system that values versatility and quickness. Nelson-Ododa is the better fit and better player based on what I've seen from the two of them.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The folks at vn seem to feel that the Irish are a lock for both #1 and #2,. It is vn, so...

Meh, it's just people spitballing. They think if ND gets Walker, they are a lock for Danielle Patterson. I don't see how they get from point A to point B since Patterson is a forward (a position where ND is thin) and Walker is a guard. But as you said - It is VN, so...

Reaction Score
Is the Walker decision any more anticipated then Wilsons was?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is the Walker decision any more anticipated then Wilsons was?
IMO no it is not. Wilson's recruitment was before Butler decided to come to UCONN and after Turner decided on ND and coincided with the year Morgan Tuck was mostly hurt. The UCONN roster need a quality post player & Wilson was the most talented. Megan's walker is talented but there are many close to equally talented wings in her class of which UCONN has already snagged 3. UCONN the two best wings from the 2015 class (Collier & KLS).

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm really disappointed that this thread hasn't hit 70K yet. C'mon people, keep the over-analyzing going!! :cool:
It not the over-analyzing that keeping us from the 70K- It the amateurs that are determined to spawn separate thread like Walker & WestBrook or I know someone in the Know that says Megan is going to.... :eek:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It not the over-analyzing that keeping us from the 70K- It the amateurs that are determined to spawn separate thread like Walker & WestBrook or I know someone in the Know that says Megan is going to.... :eek:
exactly Head bang

Reaction Score
I'm over this subject...wherever Megan end up is good for her! Let's talk about this season already!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

QUESTION:
What would you study if you went to Notre Dame?

ANSWER: I would study business, to learn how to further build my brand (MKW).

Wait a minute..
Sounds like a certain former ND player and a current Tennessee player. I've seen some things from Megan that make her not look like a UConn player.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

QUESTION:

Wait a minute..

Sounds like a certain former ND player and a current Tennessee player. I've seen some things from Megan that make her not look like a UConn player.
that's the biggest issue I see with her not signing with UConn...

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I did not realize she had never taken an unofficial visit to Notre Dame before. These days, so many recruits are visiting schools unofficially before their senior years, and the distance doesn't seem to matter too much. But, each family goes about things differently when it comes to making unofficial visits beyond driving distance.

Reaction Score

QUESTION:

Wait a minute..
She has her own brand already? The kids start young these days!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
She hashtagged it #GoIrish.

That would seem a bad sign, or maybe a good one if you are an Irish fan.
nah that wasnt enough... she hashtagged that with pics of her visit to ND

she also changed her background pic, they Irish jersey photo shoot isnt up anymore

#thesekids

Reaction Score
Not sure where she will go, but her comment about building a brand does worry me. Nothing personal,but I like the kind of players we usually recruit. I'm starting not to want her. Hope she finds what she wants,but I don't think Uconn is the right fit. Sometimes I take pleasure in these recruits worrying about such things, while losing to us year after year. I would actually prefer it that way. Go somewhere else and watch from afar while our girls collect rings and have the Uconn brand speak for them.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Thanks. So it's clear Loyd didn't "suffer crushing defeat after defeat" as Jordy said.
"Jewell Loyd played with Skylar Diggins in 2012-2013, the last season ND and UConn played in the Big East. During that year, they met three times: once during the regular season, once in the Big East Championship and once in the NCAAs. ND won 2 of the three: the regular season match and Big East Championship, with UConn taking the national championship game. Interestingly, ND's high scorer in all three games was Kayla McBride, not Diggins or Loyd.

From there on, UConn won all three games against the ND with Loyd in the lineup. They met only once in 2013-2014 -- the national championship game were both came in undefeated and UConn took it to them, 79-58. And they played twice in 2014-2015, with UConn winning the regular season match (in South Bend -- great game by Morgan Tuck) and the NCAAs.

So Loyd went 2-4 vs. UConn in her three-year career at ND."

Thanks Dillon77.

So let's see. What's more crushing, to win in the regular season and conference playoffs then to lose to UConn in the NCAA finals, or to lose in a game where you are undefeated and lose to UConn again in the NCAA finals, or lose in your final two games against UConn, one being in the NCAA's. I'd say losing four straight was crushing defeat after crushing defeat in itself. Although I may be wrong. She however did leave college early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom