Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 39 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They would still have Dangerfield, Bent, Coombs, and Hunter. They may have C. Williams. That sounds like enough guard power to me.
It is very easy to forget how high the standard is for playing guard at UCONN. The UCONN championship teams are usually fueled by All-American caliber guard play at SG or PG positions and those names are more than familiar to us. Consider the next tier of UCONN guards Kalana Greene, Tiffany Hayes, Caroline Doty, Kelly Faris, Kia Nurse. Enough guard power "to me" would mean that from among Dangerfield, Bent, Coombs, Espinoza-Hunter, & Gordon-one player is playing at ALL-American level and another is playing at near All-American level. It is entirely possible & I hope that we are both correct because the potential is there. Of course if UCONN adds a MW or C. Williams or Peoples to the UCONN guard mix in any of the next three recruiting classes I will take back every single word of this post.

Reaction Score
At this point i dont care where she goes. I think we are giving her way to much the attention she wants. Visiting Uconn numerous times and going to games should have commited to Uconn already if she was that thrilled about a school

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
At this point i dont care where she goes. I think we are giving her way to much the attention she wants. Visiting Uconn numerous times and going to games should have commited to Uconn already if she was that thrilled about a school
I care very much where she goes. If my attention helps get her to UCONN then show me where I can direct more of my attention. UCONN is not for everyone, even those who have visited "numerous" times- which I think is only 3 but "numerous" sounds like a whole lot more right? If MW is not "thrilled" with UCONN still OK, because UCONN isn't for everyone.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I want Megan too, though it's not a good sign that she can't differentiate among 3 very good programs, one of which is the clear gold standard for winning and preparing players. Maybe the lightbulb will finally go on for Megatron. We're still in the mix.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I want Megan too, though it's not a good sign that she can't differentiate among 3 very good programs, one of which is the clear gold standard for winning and preparing players. Maybe the lightbulb will finally go on for Megatron. We're still in the mix.

I'm sticking with @Alydar theory as stated below and hoping Megan finds her way to UCONN.

Just speculation but to me it sounds like she had pretty much decided on UConn but that both Texas and Notre Dame made great sales pitches and made her reconsider. However sales pitches lose their effectiveness in an inverse relationship to time. The more time that passes the more likely it is that she will revert to her initial pick. That's why a lot of schools press for a verbal during the visit and the ensuing days.

Reaction Score
Someone should show her clips from the first night scrimmage game - she should imagine being on the receiving end of Crystal Dangerfield's dazzling passes.

Reaction Score
I care very much where she goes. If my attention helps get her to UCONN then show me where I can direct more of my attention. UCONN is not for everyone, even those who have visited "numerous" times- which I think is only 3 but "numerous" sounds like a whole lot more right? If MW is not "thrilled" with UCONN still OK, because UCONN isn't for everyone.
I understand that everyone isnt for Uconn and thats exactly why i dont care where she ends up because we're still going to be that good with or wihout her. I see her MW 50 piece shirts and kind of seeing success before her success even starts. Wherever she ends up i just wish this process hurry up and end cus if she dont commit to Uconn itll be another disapointment for the fans like DD EDD

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I understand that everyone isnt for Uconn and thats exactly why i dont care where she ends up because we're still going to be that good with or wihout her. I see her MW 50 piece shirts and kind of seeing success before her success even starts. Wherever she ends up i just wish this process hurry up and end cus if she dont commit to Uconn itll be another disapointment for the fans like DD EDD
You really have to post or at least check in to BY more often. There is almost a daily post thanking our lucky stars that DD did not come to UCONN. At least twice per year there are post were people forgive EDD for leaving UCONN. But isn't this the point: You have to really want to come to UCONN and once you are at UCONN you have to really want to stay- so MW take as much time as you need to make sure of both.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think she has, only visitor we had on campus the weekend that Westbrook was supposed to visit was point guard Cara Ursin. It's possible she rescheduled because of Hurricane Matthew but at this point I wouldn't bet money that she intends to visit SC. Westbrook recently visited Oregon State so it's possible that she used SC's intended official visit slot to visit Oregon State or maybe she visited on her own dime like it was originally planned.

Hey, SCG. Any info on how Ursin's visit went? It was reported that Ursin scrimmaged with Baylor and it didn't go very well and that she left without a scholarship offer. I cannot confirm that to be true or not but I was disappointed to hear a report of her visit not gone very well as I still think that she has a tremendous upside.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If Walker commits to another school and Collier and Brunelle commit to Uconn, do any of you think that would satisfy Uconn fans?

I don't know about other UConn fans, but it would sure satisfy ME. With the players we have now, plus the young ladies we have coming in next year, along with the transfers being eligible, Yes!! UConn would be in DEEP cotton. UConn would be scary good. Remember, We only lose Chong and Lawlor to graduation after this season. Everybody else comes back.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't know about other UConn fans, but it would sure satisfy ME. With the players we have now, plus the young ladies we have coming in next year, along with the transfers being eligible, Yes!! UConn would be in DEEP cotton. UConn would be scary good. Remember, We only lose Chong and Lawlor to graduation after this season. Everybody else comes back.
Collier is class of '18 and Brunelle is '19. So we are not talking about next year. By the time Collier comes on board Gabby, Natalie, and Kia will also be gone. By the time Brunelle comes on board KLS, Azura', and Napheesa will also be gone.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Collier is class of '18 and Brunelle is '19. So we are not talking about next year. By the time Collier comes on board Gabby, Natalie, and Kia will also be gone. By the time Brunelle comes on board KLS, Azura', and Napheesa will also be gone.

I knew that. my granddaughter is a HS baller. She's also in Brunelle's class of 2019. I must admit I wish she had Brunelle's height and skill set. I still would like to have both of these young ladies come to UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey, SCG. Any info on how Ursin's visit went? It was reported that Ursin scrimmaged with Baylor and it didn't go very well and that she left without a scholarship offer. I cannot confirm that to be true or not but I was disappointed to hear a report of her visit not gone very well as I still think that she has a tremendous upside.
Just something to keep in mind about official and unofficial visits. Recruits are allowed to participate in practices as long as they are not organized or attended by coaches. They must be informal and cannot be designed to test the recruit's athletic ability. I'm sure many coaches skirt this by simply getting the team member's opinions about the play of the recruit but to me it would indicate pretty shoddy evaluation of the player prior to an official visit since the whole purpose of an official visit is to show the recruit how highly you value their ability. Of course if character flaws of the recruit showed up during the visit that's a whole 'nother issue.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Amen brother!!!......ditto.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I knew that. my granddaughter is a HS baller. She's also in Brunelle's class of 2019. I must admit I wish she had Brunelle's height and skill set. I still would like to have both of these young ladies come to UConn.
There may be a lot of girls with Sam's height, but few with her skill set.

What is your granddaughter hoping for?

Reaction Score

How does a scrimmage not go well? Coaches can't be making recruiting decisions on players based on one scrimmage unless they haven't done their homework...............come to think of it, am I wrong that coaches aren't even supposed to be at scrimmages with recruits participating?

Reaction Score
MW has not even acknowledged UConn First Night activities/recruits but has liked a few Texas tweets, could be wrong but I think that says something...........

Reaction Score
How does a scrimmage not go well? Coaches can't be making recruiting decisions on players based on one scrimmage unless they haven't done their homework.....come to think of it, am I wrong that coaches aren't even supposed to be at scrimmages with recruits participating?
Practices or scrimmages must be informal and cannot be designed to evaluate a recruit's athletic ability. Coaches cannot be present or videotape.

Reaction Score
Practices or scrimmages must be informal and cannot be designed to evaluate a recruit's athletic ability. Coaches cannot be present or videotape.

Thanks, thought so............that's why I'm not sure what having a bad scrimmage means or how it would effect a recruit's chances with a school...............now if the recruit tried to pick a fight or do something crazy, that's a different matter

Carnac

Reaction Score
There may be a lot of girls with Sam's height, but few with her skill set.

What is your granddaughter hoping for?

She'll to to college on her grades and parent's $$. 4.0 GPA since elementary school. No way she'll get a scholly. She says this is her last year playing BB. :(

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She'll to to college on her grades and parent's $$. 4.0 GPA since elementary school. No way she'll get a scholly. She says this is her last year playing BB. :(
I can hear your pride in ever word. All well deserved.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sounds like a Stanford-bound student. Congrats!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
MW has not even acknowledged UConn First Night activities/recruits but has liked a few Texas tweets, could be wrong but I think that says something......
She noted both the first UConn practice and the first Texas practice on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom